Jillian M. 30 Day Shred -Before & After's

Options

Replies

• cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i LOVED jillian michael's 30 day shred.. check out my results!!

>> http://caixgettingskinny.blogspot.com/2012/11/30-day-shred-results.html <<
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what weights work best for the 30DS? I saw a little clip of Jillian, and I noticed that she was using what looked like 2 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights at home and I'm wondering if that will that be too difficult. Should I go out and buy smaller weights, or do you think 5 lbs would work?

I wouldn't use 5lbs - I did and hurt myself! Too heavy/!
  • solbchgal
    Options
    Hi! I'm not doing Jillian's 30DS but just wanted to welcome you! You just made one of the most important steps in achieving your goals...joining MFP and deciding to be accountable. Congratulations and welcome. Feel free to friend me if you would like a supportive friend for your journey. :smile:
  • Djbass728
    Djbass728 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Day 3:
    x2_zps472431b2.jpg

Day 20:
    extra_zps3ea8e40a.jpg

That is just absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are really working hard!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Finished my last day of level one today and geared up for level two! I use 3-pound weights mostly because I do heavy lifting a few times a week as well as cardio which I think make up for it. I have to say, I'm seeing and feeling the results already here on day ten. It's great right in the morning when I can't get my *kitten* out of bed but I wanna add more stars to my chart (it's silly but a good motivator to see it fill up.). I'm definitely going to try her yoga meltdown along with ripped in 30 after I finish the 30DS. Good luck and great work to everybody in here! :)
    Let's continue to kick *kitten* and take names.
  • Black_Widow1976
    Black_Widow1976 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf

for some reason Jillian refers to a meal plan on level 3 which is weird..lol
    but the above link is the meal plan she is talking about.
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Hello: I have the 30 day shred video. I was going to start it on Monday, but I could started today and we could share our progress and keep each other accountable. Would you like to be my fitness pal?

Berly
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 6, level 1. Today was my weigh in..I am down 2lbs. I am on 1200 cals a day, plus I when I track this as 20 minutes of circuit training, I get 212 back. The first series of cardio is the hardest for me. The push ups, jumping jacks and jumprope are a tough combination.. I use 2lb weights, but am going to start using a little heavier for some moves. I also watch it on youtube. Day 2,3 and 4 my legs were really sore. But, day 5 they were much better. I didn't do measurements. I already feel like I have less jiggle in my legs during the exercises. GOOD LUCK!

I just completed day six level one today, also. It was my weigh in, as well, however I changed scales (the old one was way off, so it didn't actually reflect the .04 I lost, but that's ok. I have lost an inch and a half in my waist to date.

My internet went down for a bit and killed the stream, so I kept at the row move with the weights until it came back, and logged 29 minutes of general circuit training, based on the clock, though I usually only log 20, but the extra time was nice today.

I started with one and a half pound weights and that was too easy, so moved up to 2 pound weights on day two. That still wasn't doing it. It was when I moved up to three pound weights when I noticed the difference. For the most part, they are too light as well, so I am going to use 5 pound for all but the last strength, when you straight arm the weights to eye-level (that kills me).

I, too, am still having issues with push ups...I have to modify with knees on the ground, and this frustrates me to NO end.

I had my husband and son take pics on day 1 and will have them do another set on day 7, and will post those to my profile after they are taken and I can put them together side by side, and will go weekly after that.

I'm also training for a 5K mud race in April, and have been trying to do the Couch to 5K program, but the ice sidelined me this week, so I am starting over tomorrow. :)
  • Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I did my second day of level 1. Trying to stick with it this time, I've stopped and started several times over the last year or so.
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    And to all the lovely women that have posted their images? Great, GREAT job! You all have a tremendous amount of work to be proud of. This stuff ain't easy!!!! :heart: Mad love to you all!
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    I did my second day of level 1. Trying to stick with it this time, I've stopped and started several times over the last year or so.

You can totally do this!!!!! :smile:
  • Black_Widow1976
    Black_Widow1976 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

lol..for me it would be the opposite. i have a hard time reaching 1200 calories a day and this plan is roughly 400 calories per meal and a 200 calorie snack.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    When I reply to certain posts why doesn't it ever show up?
  • LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    I bought mine on Amazon. I've heard others have viewed it on Youtube and some actually just watch it on their computers without buying it. You can also check out jilianmichaels.com. I'm on day 3!!! Join us!!!
  • LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    She says you can do it for 30 without a break but is up to you. I think she says 20 minutes because the first 3 min of the video is her talking and the last 5 is a cool down.
  • LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    It all depends on your fitness level. I have found some movements I can handle heavier and the tougher ones (for me) I have to use smaller ones. I have weights that are adjustable so that helps me.
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i started the 30 day shred yesterday and its all available on youtube. you do level 1 for 10 days. level 2 for 10 days and level 3 for 10 days.
    check this http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit link they have the 30 day shred plus lo ads of other videos which are free. hope it helps :smile:

Thanks! I didn't realize these were on youtube!
  • jfus14
    jfus14 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am about to start level 3 tomorrow.. I skipped a few days or did other workouts. SHred is amazing!!! It was $9 at target and has transformed my body. I have lost 8.2lbs in about 3 weeks. My pants are all loose, shirts loose. Muscles in my arms coming back. IT's soooo worth it!!!
  • XkatnipX
    Options
    Finished level 1 day 6 today & I'm seeing no results :(
    If anything I feel bigger. Is it too early to see anything?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!