Starting P90X/Insanity in February

Options
I'm currently 2 weeks into my 2ND round of P90X. I've just ordered Insanity. My wife and sister in-law who have seen my round one results were so pumped up that they too wanted to join me.

Anyone else who are already doing either P90X and/or Insanity, feel free to join here to hold each other accountable :)

Replies

• EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've restarted Insanity today. Completed 4 weeks before Christmas but have been ill so decided to start from scratch.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    Hi, I've restarted Insanity today. Completed 4 weeks before Christmas but have been ill so decided to start from scratch.

Emma: That's awesome. What are your goals for this round?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Just finished week one of month two today. ;)
  • proton77
    Options
    Just finished week one of month two today. ;)

Good job, Jennie! Are you doing Insanity or P90X?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Insanity. I opted for that because I didn't want to buy the extra stuff you need for p90X. I have a friend who is on her second round of P90X. She got awesome results the first time and just want more.

ETA: I plan on taking a month off when I'm done and doing it over again.
  • MommaSand
    MommaSand Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the Insanity workout on it's way. I just know it's going to kill me, but I'm going to give it my all. I'm actually kind of excited to see just how much I can take.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity... just started this week... my last blog post was about it actually.

http://likeatrex.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/the-things-people-forget-to-tell-you/
  • proton77
    Options
    Insanity. I opted for that because I didn't want to buy the extra stuff you need for p90X. I have a friend who is on her second round of P90X. She got awesome results the first time and just want more.

ETA: I plan on taking a month off when I'm done and doing it over again.

My wife is joining me for Insanity on 2/4. Since I've done a round of P90X, I "think" I can do it. Just so I can help set my wife's expectation, what would you say to a female who hasn't done any intense workout like such?
  • proton77
    Options
    I have the Insanity workout on it's way. I just know it's going to kill me, but I'm going to give it my all. I'm actually kind of excited to see just how much I can take.

That's the spirit! :)
  • proton77
    Options
    I am doing Insanity... just started this week... my last blog post was about it actually.

http://likeatrex.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/the-things-people-forget-to-tell-you/

Thanks for sharing! Feel free to check in here on a daily basis to encourage each other :)
  • proton77
    Options
    Have done both-- loved em both. Currently doing a hybrid of insanity/lifting-- but was actually contemplating returning to P90x to mix it up a bit. Good luck to all- and enjoy!

Way to go man! I tried lifting right after I got done with P90X but quickly returned to doing P90X because I still prefer following the video and not have to remember what to do next.
  • heronfolder
    heronfolder Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Is Insanity something you could reasonably expect to start maybe a week or so after completing 30 day shred?
  • proton77
    Options
    Is Insanity something you could reasonably expect to start maybe a week or so after completing 30 day shred?

Absolutely. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to start that right away given that 30 Day Shred is pretty much cardio and that should have given you a good foundation for Insanity.
  • KyahRose86
    Options
    Nice, I'm just starting Insanity tonight. Totally pumped and ready to work my butt off and see changes. Somewhat nervous as well since this is my first time. Got a co-worker that did about 6 weeks, and got sick and couldn't do the workout for awhile. She loves it, and we're both starting today. Good luck with your second go around! :wink:
  • kadinlucas
    kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did the fit test for insanity yesterday and threw up afterwards... I did want to keep going this morning but I seemed to have really hurt my back (probably jumping around incorrectly...) So I am likely going to keep my results from this fitness test but start the workouts next tuesday.
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I did the fit test for insanity yesterday and threw up afterwards... I did want to keep going this morning but I seemed to have really hurt my back (probably jumping around incorrectly...) So I am likely going to keep my results from this fitness test but start the workouts next tuesday.

I'm at a pretty fantastic level of fitness and I still almost threw up the first couple times I did insanity. It gets better - you get used to it :) I think your stomach just needs to get used to being jostled around like that, haha.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I got insanity on weekend. Just finishing 30DS and starting Insanity on 4/2 . I can't wait but kindof nervous too.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm starting p90x on Saturday.
  • jbirdica
    jbirdica Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just finished up week 3 of Insanity. Absolutely love it!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm starting insanity after 30 DS (about valentines day), I'd love to hear what everyone thinks!