Starting P90X/Insanity in February

Options

Replies

• proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    I started off with P90X. The first week I lost about 4-6lbs but other than my chin getting smaller I didn't notice other changes at that point. It wasn't until the 2nd and 3rd week when I noticed my mid section was getting smaller.

How far along are you in the program? If you stick to the proper diet (80% of your success will come from it) and follow the workout routine, YOU WILL GET THERE!
    [/quote]
    I'm on day 7... I've been trying to stick to a 1200 cal diet. As long as I don't bake, or go out to eat, :blushing: I do well. I put on weight very quickly, so I try to stick to that amount. I could probably handle 1500 give or take, but definetly not more than that. Otherwise, :ohwell:
    I haven't lost any weight. Not since starting insanity. I took some pictures today, and from a month ago, I've lost. I probably would have done better, but, it's life. I have a big "thing" coming up (hopefully :love: ) the end of March. I will have ~10 days left of Insanity, and I'm hoping for a HUGE change. So, thanks, in advance, for the encouragement!!
    [/quote]

Don't worry about the weight. It will come off...by end of March!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I'm definetly looking forward to it!! :)
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    1200 cals sounds hella low. did you use the calculation in the fitness guide?
  • latoyasmith1985
    latoyasmith1985 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am starting today.. Wish me luck!!!
  • LOVELYM14
    LOVELYM14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I am starting today also!
  • LOVELYM14
    LOVELYM14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use the teambeachbody.com site also?
  • chuckie_3
    chuckie_3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started P90X last Monday. It's my 4th attempt (I quit the first 3 times), but I'm dedicated to finishing the 90 days this time. I have a 5 month old and I'm currently at my pre-pregnancy weight (lost 7lbs since Christmas), but I would like to lose another 15lbs.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

on there occasionally
  • MommiLauren
    MommiLauren Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    just finished day 4 of insanity!!
  • enhance00
    Options
    I have completed a P90X/Insanity hybrid twice. During those rounds I averaged about a 9-10 lb loss per 30 days. After losing a lot of weight (about 120lb over 1.5 years) I joined a gym and started bulking. I'm currently cutting weight again and am finishing up my 5th week of Insanity now. I am also trying to maintain strength, and doing 1 hour of weight lifting later in the day on M,W,F. Currently down almost 10 lb after 4.5 weeks.
  • proton77
    Options

I do :)
  • proton77
    Options
    just finished day 4 of insanity!!

Yay, dig deep!
  • proton77
    Options
    I am starting today.. Wish me luck!!!

Way to go :)
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I started Month 2 of Insanity this week those extra 15 minutes of the workout are brutal but you feel 10 feet tall and bulletproof when you're done! Not sure of what workout is next Asylum, P90x or Les Mills Combat. A friend did P90X 4 times and is beyond shredded.
  • proton77
    Options
    I started Month 2 of Insanity this week those extra 15 minutes of the workout are brutal but you feel 10 feet tall and bulletproof when you're done! Not sure of what workout is next Asylum, P90x or Les Mills Combat. A friend did P90X 4 times and is beyond shredded.

I'm only 7 days in but I'm looking forward to feeling like 10 feet tall and bulletproof :)
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    bump
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    I have completed a P90X/Insanity hybrid twice. During those rounds I averaged about a 9-10 lb loss per 30 days. After losing a lot of weight (about 120lb over 1.5 years) I joined a gym and started bulking. I'm currently cutting weight again and am finishing up my 5th week of Insanity now. I am also trying to maintain strength, and doing 1 hour of weight lifting later in the day on M,W,F. Currently down almost 10 lb after 4.5 weeks.

my bench press took a gigantic nose dive my first round of insanity. think i was definetly not eating enough, but regardless, if you eat at a defecit, your pretty much guaranteed to lose at least a little muscle, unfortunately.

I'm back closer to the bench press i was at before i started insanity but... i'm just trying not to care about it, becasue i certainly look a lot better.

I think you will probably see best results if you switch back and forth between insanity and p90x, or p90x and asylum

All that cardio eats muscle. Thats a profound over simplification, but the heavy cardio combined with a less then adaquet calorie intake makes it basically impossible to build muscle.

In the second month of insanity there is a big muscley guy named Lori with a giant Eagle tattoo on his back. In Asylum, i wouldn't recognize him if it wasn't for his somewhat unusal name and his tattoo. He's like half the size. He's ripped but he is definetly carrying much less muscle mass.
  • jbuc07
    Options
    I'm both SUPER excited, and dragging my feet... Today was a HUGE NSV for me!!! I've lost 6.5" Since December 19!! I have only really been tracking calories reg for the last month, and have only had intermintent exercise. Sick kids, flu, yuck. Be that as it may, I have lost 2" off my waist, 1.5" off my hips, 1" around my stomach, and 2" off my thigh! :) I'm currently 9 days into Insanity, I didn't do measurements on the first day, so I'm using today's as my "start". I still have a ways to go, but, it's working! It's really working!!! :) And, as for the dragging my feet... Today is pure cardio... and I HATE it. LOL!
  • proton77
    Options
    I'm both SUPER excited, and dragging my feet... Today was a HUGE NSV for me!!! I've lost 6.5" Since December 19!! I have only really been tracking calories reg for the last month, and have only had intermintent exercise. Sick kids, flu, yuck. Be that as it may, I have lost 2" off my waist, 1.5" off my hips, 1" around my stomach, and 2" off my thigh! :) I'm currently 9 days into Insanity, I didn't do measurements on the first day, so I'm using today's as my "start". I still have a ways to go, but, it's working! It's really working!!! :) And, as for the dragging my feet... Today is pure cardio... and I HATE it. LOL!

Congrats on the result so far! Keep digging deep. I'm starting week 2 today :)
  • jbuc07
    Options

Congrats on the result so far! Keep digging deep. I'm starting week 2 today :)
    On month 1 or 2? And I finished Pure Cardio. It's done. I can shower, and say I DID IT!!! Oh, it feels so good. LOL. It sucked. ANd I hated it. But it's over, and I feel like supermom! I've NEVER stuck to a program. EVER. So, I feel awesome that I'm now done with day 9!!