Starting P90X/Insanity in February

Options

Replies

• lutika
    lutika Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am on second week of insanity. Not sore... but still have to take extra brakes during some exercises. Lets do it togrther!
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity this past Saturday. Will post my pics when I figure out what the heck I'm doing. Lol
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    it always surprises me when people say they make it through a particular video without taking breaks.

everyone in the video takes a break, seems to me if your not taking breaks then you must be pacing yourself

i didn't really think that was the point of the workout, rather that it was to get your HR up as high as you can, like 80-90%.

I found it easier to get my HR higher with taking a 5-10 sec break here and there. but if people can be up in 80-90% with no breaks for 30min, i'm apparently not working hard enough lol
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    I finished Insanity this past Saturday. Will post my pics when I figure out what the heck I'm doing. Lol

Yes, please do. I'm sure we all would love to see the result!
  • proton77
    Options
    it always surprises me when people say they make it through a particular video without taking breaks.

everyone in the video takes a break, seems to me if your not taking breaks then you must be pacing yourself

i didn't really think that was the point of the workout, rather that it was to get your HR up as high as you can, like 80-90%.

I found it easier to get my HR higher with taking a 5-10 sec break here and there. but if people can be up in 80-90% with no breaks for 30min, i'm apparently not working hard enough lol

I agree. Unless that person is seasoned/professional athlete who's used to prolonged circuit training like that.

Well, I survived Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs last night. It was a great workout. Cardio Abs wasn't as hard as Ab Ripper X, IMHO, but it hits all the right spots so no complaints there :)
  • proton77
    Options
    I am on second week of insanity. Not sore... but still have to take extra brakes during some exercises. Lets do it togrther!

Yay! Good job and keep pressing play :)
  • proton77
    Options
    Yesterday was supposed to be my week 2 rest day but since I have to take my wife out to our 10th year anniversary dinner tonight, I went on and did the fit test last night!!

Here's my result:

Switch jack 130
    Power jacks 58
    Power knees 120
    Power jumps 45
    Globe jumps 10
    Suicide jumps 14
    Pushup jacks 27
    Low plank oblique 60
  • proton77
    Options
    Tonight I'm going to do Week 3 Day 4...I haven't checked the calendar yet so I'm not sure what's in store for me :)
  • proton77
    Options
    Yesterday was Cardio Recovery. Since it was rather easy, I did Shoulders and Arms from P90X, instead. I felt much better having pumped some irons :)
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    think your missing out on some good core work.

the lunge holds in cardio recovery were the most challenging things in the whole program to me, and the only thing i absolutely couldnt come close to matching the people in the video with.

The recovery work out in the second month is definetly worth doing
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yes! Feel free to add me! I'm starting p90x on sunday! I finished insanity in december.
  • proton77
    Options
    Good point. I'm not gonna miss the next one for sure.
  • proton77
    Options
    Yes! Feel free to add me! I'm starting p90x on sunday! I finished insanity in december.

Way to go! How was your result from Insanity?
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Do you think someone should start Insanity if they are out of shape?? Im 43 years old and havent been working out but I figured I would do what I could and leave it at that. What do you all think??

It is possible but you would need to take it slow and only do what you are comfortable with. Take breaks if you need to. My partner is overweight and went from not working out at all and right now he is almost done week 2!
    PS If you find it is too much you could always start with something like 10 min trainer but you may surprise yoruself with Insanity!
  • proton77
    Options
    Last night I did Cardio Power & Resistance. I was a little sluggish in the first 15 minutes. Didn't feel as energetic as usual maybe because of the 6 hour sleep I had the night before. But I felt much better after the stretching. I went to bed a little earlier last night so hopefully I can do better tonight!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I had great results! I lost about 17 lbs and 16+ inches overall. More importantly I could run uphill for 3 miles and doing over 30 pushups. I also figured out what "it's all in your head" means and learned how to really push myself!!

My favorite workout is the core cardio & recovery. Sometimes I do it if I don't feel like going to the gym

I'm excited to tone up and do p90x! I'm ready to build some real muscle!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

I took breaks up until my very last day. Did I do better each time I did the video? Hell yes but I still needed breaks!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am doing my recovery this week, I completed month 1 of Insanity.

How are the rest of you doing and how do you like your results so far?
  • B__Morgan
    B__Morgan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be starting P90X March 1st with my hubby. We started before but lacked discipline. So hopefully this time around we will be dedicated. :)
  • proton77
    Options
    I had great results! I lost about 17 lbs and 16+ inches overall. More importantly I could run uphill for 3 miles and doing over 30 pushups. I also figured out what "it's all in your head" means and learned how to really push myself!!

My favorite workout is the core cardio & recovery. Sometimes I do it if I don't feel like going to the gym

I'm excited to tone up and do p90x! I'm ready to build some real muscle!!

That's fantastic man! If you survived Insanity, I'm sure you could do P90X just fine. Bring it!