Starting P90X/Insanity in February

Options

Replies

• urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Did the insanity upper body workout for the first time last night! Could barely lift my coffee cup this morning.

Now after working 7am till 5pm I've got pure cardio and cardio abs. Might switch with tomorrow tbh...
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i've heard about this 'insanity upper body workout'

can't seem to find a dvd for it on beachbody.com, but i guess its on you tube. whats it like?
  • BBinNC
    BBinNC Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 of P90x after several years of not having a regular exercise routine. This is just the first step in a long road to getting healthy again. I've seen results too and made milestones like being able to do the Wheel Pose (a back arch) during Yoga. Keep up the good work!
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options

can't seem to find a dvd for it on beachbody.com, but i guess its on you tube. whats it like?

Yeah, look on YouTube! I enjoyed it simply cos it's something new. I think it was about 45 mins.
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Did one round of p90x, one round of insanity now on to Les Miles Combat warriors
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

It's one of the "bonus" DVD's in the deluxe workout.
  • filming_ghosts
    Options
    I just started Insanity yesterday! I thought I was in fairly good shape, but I was completely winded and sore after the fit test. I'm hoping to improve a lot though. :o)
  • martellep
    Options
    I did Insanity back in October for a month straight...and strayed from the path as Thanksgiving came around. I am now starting Insanity all over again today. Wish me luck! Looking to lose 30-40 pounds by July for my wedding.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm on week 6 of P90x after several years of not having a regular exercise routine. This is just the first step in a long road to getting healthy again. I've seen results too and made milestones like being able to do the Wheel Pose (a back arch) during Yoga. Keep up the good work!

You're almost half way there. Keep up the good work!
  • proton77
    Options
    I did Insanity back in October for a month straight...and strayed from the path as Thanksgiving came around. I am now starting Insanity all over again today. Wish me luck! Looking to lose 30-40 pounds by July for my wedding.

Good luck and congrats for the upcoming wedding. :)
  • proton77
    Options
    I just started Insanity yesterday! I thought I was in fairly good shape, but I was completely winded and sore after the fit test. I'm hoping to improve a lot though. :o)

You feel sore because it worked! Drink plenty of water, don't skip the stretching, and press play everyday, you'll feel much better after a week!
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    had to take 2 weeks off of insanity due to back and neck issues from my past. Restarted insanity today =) Add me if you want, I need all the support I can get LOL
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Wednesday is my last day of the entire program and I was still sore and winded through out the entire thing.
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This is week 13 of my first round of P90X Lean - next week start P90X classic. There is a P90X/Insanity group.... they would love to have all of you guys! Great support :)
  • tjgwoods
    Options
    Do you think someone should start Insanity if they are out of shape?? Im 43 years old and havent been working out but I figured I would do what I could and leave it at that. What do you all think??
  • proton77
    Options
    Do you think someone should start Insanity if they are out of shape?? Im 43 years old and havent been working out but I figured I would do what I could and leave it at that. What do you all think??

I was waaaaayyyy out of shape when I started P90X this past October. If you haven't been working out or have much cardio exercise, I would recommend P90X :) You work out 6 days a week. 3 out of the 6 days you do resistance training like weight lifting and stuff and the other 3 days are cardio. It's one of the best fitness programs ever invented. Ping me if you have any questions, I can help you get started :)
  • proton77
    Options
    Yesterday was Cardio Recovery. Instead of doing that, I did Chest Shoulders and Triceps plus biceps. Gotta work those muscles!
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    i made the banana blue berry pancakes with egg beaters. I think it was a little tastier with a real egg, but still good, so an egg white would probably be a little better. you can also put cinnamon in it.
  • proton77
    Options
    @paxfaux - that sounds delicious!

Tonight is Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs for me. Pure Cardio alone is intense enough. I'm not sure if how well I would handle the cardio abs right after the main workout. Has anyone done that before?
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    think thats how most people do it to be honest with you.

its not as bad as you might think. and its worth just getting it over with. i just hate how you do a little jumping around warm up before the ab work

the asylum/insanity hybrid will sometimes have you do a full insanity workout and a full asylum workout same day. those i didn't do back to back lol.

saw a teenage chick on here is doing insanity and p90x at the same time, not a hybrid, both programs. well she said she was doing pure cardio and back and bis today anyway, maybe it was just a one day thing.

some guy has a p90x/insanity group that i joined. he asked me to leave because i wouldn't sign him up as a coach lol. thats by far the worst thing about BB if you ask me.