Starting P90X/Insanity in February

Options

Replies

• proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm starting today as well. I've done some rounds before so I know what to expect, but I plan on going through the full 60 days and then on to Asylum 2 afterwards. I do have Asylum 1 but would much rather do 2.

Cool. Welcome to the club! I've done 3 days of Insanity so far and going to push myself and my wife through the whole program. It's going to be great.
  • proton77
    Options
    Today was my very first day of Insanity!!!

How did it go?
  • mitchellkd
    mitchellkd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have done 2 rounds of P90x and am on week two of Insansity Asylum!! Love it!
  • thebrazenhead
    thebrazenhead Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I finished the original P90x 2 years ago and the new P90x2 last year. This year- starting today!- we're going to do the P90x2/Insanity hybrid for the next few months leading up to the wedding.

We haven't done Insanity before so it should be interesting....
  • Jodycnd
    Jodycnd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am one week into Insanity so far. I should be getting P90X this week, I am interested in doing the Insanity/P90X hybrid program. I would like to get through at least one month of pure Insanity before I begin the hybrid program.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I started Week 3 of Insanity...I'll add you :)
  • AnimePrincess13
    AnimePrincess13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just started P90X Feb 1 with my Fiancee and a friend on here. Then I plan on doing Insanity after. Then making a hybrid of both workouts. I've done both before, didn't get to finish Insanity as we found out I was pregnant when we started the second month. So now that I had my daughter, I want to get back into shape.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I will being restarting p90x again,(had to quit due to injury last time grr) but as soon as my hip is ready p90x here i come,a couple of weeks hopfully!
  • Me48Plus2
    Options
    I've done both. I stick with P90X , varying with other workouts I do. Insanity really is Insane. I can't do high impact anymore since I had knee surgery, plus I've worked out for 25 years and I don't think it's all that great for your body. I think the slower and longer workouts are better overall. I would encourage people to go at their own pace than trying to keep up with Shaun T. It's not really a realistic workout.
  • proton77
    Options

Good job! How's your result so far?
  • proton77
    Options
    :bigsmile: I will being restarting p90x again,(had to quit due to injury last time grr) but as soon as my hip is ready p90x here i come,a couple of weeks hopfully!

I love P90X!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Good job! How's your result so far?

Pretty good so far! I have pictures of my progress:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/879144-insanity-shakeology-week-2-progress

My weight hasn't changed but my body sure has.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I would think that with the Insanity program you would burn about a 1000 calories a workout, due to the how insane it is. I am currently doing Tae Bo and I burn around 930 calories for 60 mins. I have lost 3 lbs the 1st week, while maintaining a 1200 calorie diet.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    My wife is joining me for Insanity on 2/4. Since I've done a round of P90X, I "think" I can do it. Just so I can help set my wife's expectation, what would you say to a female who hasn't done any intense workout like such?

I've done insanity 3 times, asylum a bunch of times, and i'm in my second month of p90x for the first time.

A lot of people want to compare the two programs... this made me think they were kinda similair but they are really drastically different.

People would say the cardio in p90x is a joke compared to insanity. thats pretty much true lol. but the plyo X is a really great and pretty challenging cardio workout... its just not done in the HIIT style. Honest, if you delete the weights from Core Syn, speed it up 100 times and do three times more work, thats pretty close to an insanity work out.

The thing that surprised me was how demanding the resistance workouts in p90x are. I'd say i'm much more comfortable doing weights then cardio, but i find the resistance workouts in p90x to be very challenging.

As far as what i'd say to your wife, well if i wanted to talk her into it, id say that pretty much anyone can do the workouts. YOur encouraged to move at your own pace and take as many breaks as you need. Its fast paced and even mailing it in is going to put you in an uncomfortable state, but anyone can do the workouts.
    NOT everyone can keep doing them for 60 days. but thats got far more to do with work ethic and other intangibles and a lot less to do with your current level of fitness.

But if it was me and i thought she wasn't ready or willing to jump in, i'd just encourage her to do something less aggressive because its really still 90% what you eat and 10% what you do no matter what you are doing. I've done a round or two of insanity or aslyum and seen very little results because i wasn't to concerned with my diet.
  • proton77
    Options
    My wife is joining me for Insanity on 2/4. Since I've done a round of P90X, I "think" I can do it. Just so I can help set my wife's expectation, what would you say to a female who hasn't done any intense workout like such?

I've done insanity 3 times, asylum a bunch of times, and i'm in my second month of p90x for the first time.

A lot of people want to compare the two programs... this made me think they were kinda similair but they are really drastically different.

People would say the cardio in p90x is a joke compared to insanity. thats pretty much true lol. but the plyo X is a really great and pretty challenging cardio workout... its just not done in the HIIT style. Honest, if you delete the weights from Core Syn, speed it up 100 times and do three times more work, thats pretty close to an insanity work out.

The thing that surprised me was how demanding the resistance workouts in p90x are. I'd say i'm much more comfortable doing weights then cardio, but i find the resistance workouts in p90x to be very challenging.

As far as what i'd say to your wife, well if i wanted to talk her into it, id say that pretty much anyone can do the workouts. YOur encouraged to move at your own pace and take as many breaks as you need. Its fast paced and even mailing it in is going to put you in an uncomfortable state, but anyone can do the workouts.
    NOT everyone can keep doing them for 60 days. but thats got far more to do with work ethic and other intangibles and a lot less to do with your current level of fitness.

But if it was me and i thought she wasn't ready or willing to jump in, i'd just encourage her to do something less aggressive because its really still 90% what you eat and 10% what you do no matter what you are doing. I've done a round or two of insanity or aslyum and seen very little results because i wasn't to concerned with my diet.

Thanks for the input. She's pushing it through -- 3 days down so far. She did struggle with the pushups but otherwise she's handling them well. She's been doing the hot yoga for years and her endurance is probably the same or better than mine. She has started using MFP to track her diet and such and given that she's 5'4" and 124lbs to start with I believe she'll see great results soon :)
  • tlkrallman
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity today. I'm scared out of my mind at how tough everyone has said it is, but I'm determined to complete it, and prove everyone who is telling me I can't.... that YES YES I can!
  • proton77
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity today. I'm scared out of my mind at how tough everyone has said it is, but I'm determined to complete it, and prove everyone who is telling me I can't.... that YES YES I can!

YES you can!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Just go at your own pace and take breaks if you need to.
  • f1tforever
    f1tforever Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I am also starting insanity today! I am super nervous after reading everyones reviews and saying that they threw up!

I am pretty out of shape at 5'5 and around 179 lbs . I have done 30 day shred in the past with really good results but I was also 30 lbs lighter and very fit!

I will be doing the fit test today, i'll let you know how it goes! eek!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I did the fit test yesterday and went "" Whoa what have you got yourself into !!!"

Did the first workout today and was pleasantly surprised, I could do all the moves just not as fast the people on the video. I felt tired and sore right after but I feel great now ( about 6 hours later) except my shins and the arches of my feet are really sore. I know I need new shoes but I mean really sore. I keep doing anlke rolls and that seems to be helping so hopefully I just didn't stretch them well enough.

I'm looking forward to doing this workout again cause now that I know the moves I want to focus on increasing the number I can do.
    I'm so glad I got Insanity!!