This site should not be about weight loss bullies !

Options

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I agree, they should start banning more of them.

^ THIS!! THANK YOU!

If all of the perceived "bullies" were banned, what would you people have to complain about?

tumblr_lknzedudKq1qdzhjt.gif
  • CSassWJE
    Options
    Bullying on internet forums is rampant because of the anonymity afforded to the bullies. I seriously doubt that they would be bullying anyone if they had to respond face to face, but on an internet forum, they feel that they are untouchable and therefore can write anything. I haven't been treated rudely here, but I have been treated rudely on other internet forums, such as those that involve my interests. On one such forum, the rudeness got so bad I stopped frequenting the site. It often is perpetuated by those who are insecure and feel a need to put others down by attempting to illustrate to others that they are smart and you are not. Ignore them. They are likely not very happy people.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I agree, they should start banning more of them.

^ THIS!! THANK YOU!

If all of the perceived "bullies" were banned, what would you people have to complain about?

tumblr_lknzedudKq1qdzhjt.gif

Oh they'd find something- profile pics or use of gifs or anything else that remotely resembles fun!
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    Yeah, you gotta just do what works for you and find supportive people. There are a lot of personalities on this site for sure and it surprises me too, since I was under the impression that this was a site for support. Keep your chin up!
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    bullying present participle of bul·ly
    Verb
    Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants

I don't think a stranger on the internet can FORCE you to do anything. Bullying is such an overused term here.

Weird, since "cyber bullying" is actually a real concept and a huge problem.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Not saying this to YOU per say, but I also think our culture has become INCREASING sensitive to anything and everything.

Its hard to know how ppl are coming off on here when you can't SEE them or HEAR the tone of their voice -- you just have writing to go off of and often times that can sound attacking, etc when in fact its not.

Idk, if ppl are being too opinionated or "bullies" ... you'll just have to sort through that and dump the crap at the waste side. Don't let those things stop you from being successful!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you want a bunch of "yes" men and women who will enable your self destructive behavior. I'm glad I have found some amazing friends who tell me the truth and call me on my BS.

Yep. This is the truth, 99% of the time. I've been here for so long that I've noticed that those quickest to cry "bully!" are the ones that want a back rub and head pat for eating an entire box of Lucky Charms "It's okay! Tomorrow's a new day!"... No.
    You'll also notice that the more "harsh" posters are at their goal or below, while the more Sensitive Sallies are just starting off or new into their weight loss..... why? Probably because the people who have 'made it' know just how harmful and self-destructive the BS excuses, BS diets and hyper defensive behavior is in the long run.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    People can be supportive and state that they think a cetrain diet is unsafe etc without being a jerk about it. They can offer suggestions or ideas without attacking. You guys are adults and you know what is right from wrong with how you interact with someone. You do not need to put people down and have an almighty "I know what is best" attitude. There is absolutely no excuse good enough to belittle someone else on this site. Period.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Verb
    Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants

I don't think a stranger on the internet can FORCE you to do anything. Bullying is such an overused term here.

I agree that cyber bullying is a real problem. Cyber bullying is not saying " I don't think HCG is a good diet for you, since it can ruin your health." If someone made a hate website, sent you nasty messages, called you names, and made your real life miserable, THAT would be cyber bullying. This is a forum, people will disagree and voice their opinions.

Also, has anyone noticed that the people advocating normal, healthy diets have reached their goals, whereas people who advocate HCG, juicing, etc have not? Just something to think about.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    Sounds like you want a bunch of "yes" men and women who will enable your self destructive behavior. I'm glad I have found some amazing friends who tell me the truth and call me on my BS.

Yep. This is the truth, 99% of the times. I've been here for so long that I've noticed that those quickest to cry "bully!" are the ones that want a back rub and head pat for eating an entire box of Lucky Charms "It's okay! Tomorrow's a new day!"... No.
    You'll also notice that the more "harsh" posters are at their goal or below, while the more Sensitive Sallies are just starting off or new into their weight loss..... why? Probably because the people who have 'made it' know just how harmful and self-destructive the BS excuses, BS diets and hyper defensive behavior is in the long run.

Or people are new? Need encouragement? Feel lost? I am newer. I have not had a whole box of lucky charms, nor would I want to be accused of self-destructive behaviour since I am incredibly healthy, eat healthy, and exercise 4-5 times a week. Weight loss is hard and people find themselves wanting to lose weight and get healthier for different reasons. It does not mean they are "self-destructive" and need to be belittled. Not to mention you are clumping everyone into one catergory. As though we all just sit around eating unhealthy things. That is not the case.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    Verb

I agree that cyber bullying is a real problem. Cyber bullying is not saying " I don't think HCG is a good diet for you, since it can ruin your health." If someone made a hate website, sent you nasty messages, called you names, and made your real life miserable, THAT would be cyber bullying. This is a forum, people will disagree and voice their opinions.

Also, has anyone noticed that the people advocating normal, healthy diets have reached their goals, whereas people who advocate HCG, juicing, etc have not? Just something to think about.

I do not even know what HCG is. I do not think that was the point either. People can express their concerns and suggestions in a healthy way. I have seen name calling and belittleing on this site and that is simply unacceptable.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Um... I'm clumping everyone into one category because.... I was just given an example....

If you start making everything on this site about you specifically, you're going to have a bad time.
  • lilteepot
    Options
    Yknow what works for me? Not giving a **** what people say or think about me.

This. Just remember that no one can diminish you unless you give them permission. Best of luck with getting healthy!
  • tsellar29
    tsellar29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started on this site over a year ago and found that it was hard to stay on here, while I was looking for support I actually found a lot of negativity. I was orginally on the hcg diet and actually found a lot of success on it and don't regret it at all. What i did regret was sharing it with the people on this site. I got hateful post on my threads , emails, ect.. I was shocked. It's very rare that you find that a place were you can be honest about your weight and your struggles and find like minded people who share the same experience. So after taking a break I've decided to try again because charting my food and seeing my weight loss post each day was motivational. I also really loved the support I gave and recieved from the positive people on this site. So if your looking for a positive person to help you be motivated then add me and hopefully we can help each other.
    I have only been using the app with support of friends until this week and I totally agree! Everyone is so high and mighty and quick to jump at someone
  • tofatforthisshit
    Options
    Okay, I'm curious: Does anyone consider the above reply to be unnecessary and snarky in the context in which it was posted, or is this one the "helpful but misunderstood" posts that everyone's talking about? Maybe it's an example of "tough love"? Or is it "good humor"?
    [/quote]

yes I do , completly uncalled for .
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I had to google HCG diet and found this site:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hcg-diet/an02091

Maybe people were warning you about following a nonproven treatment, or perhaps they were telling you that it is healthier to increase your exercise and eat a healthy diet rather than take a hormone in order to lose weight permanently and you thought this was bullying.

Do you think this is bullying, it's not. It is just an opinion that is different than yours.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I will say something if someone is consistently eating under 1000 calories. I try to do it in a supportive way by sharing my concern, not bashing them over the head.
  • vmatya01
    Options
    Wow, people should be ashamed of themselves for acting like bullies.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my Taobao shop !

Daily update:

Discover amazing stuff, collect the things you love, buy it all in one place.

novel style, varieties, low price and good quality, and the low sale price

==== ( http://www.fullmalls.com ) =====

New to Hong Kong : Winter Dress

Best quality, Best reputation , Best services

---**** NHL Jersey Woman $ 40 ---**** NFL Jersey $ 35

---**** NBA Jersey $ 34 ---**** MLB Jersey $ 35

---**** Jordan Six Ring_m $ 36 ---**** Air Yeezy_m $ 45

---**** T-Shirt_m $ 25 ---**** Jacket_m $ 36

---**** Hoody_m $ 50 ---**** Manicure Set $ 20

---**** handbag $ 37 ---**** ugg boot $ 43 ---****

give you the unexpected harvest

==== ( http://www.scnshop.com ) =====

Nike Name:AIR MORE UPTEMPO-1

http://www.fullmalls.com/views.asp?hw_id=11405&class_id=22&sort_id=78&nsort_id=476

asfghjkyuklyu

no.

wait...was that bullying?
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    BrittanyNBuchanan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So...actually possessing a sense of humor and/or telling someone something he/she doesn't want to hear is considered bullying? Well, I guess I'm guaranteed a seat in the 5th ring of hell...kickrocks.gif
    This^^^