This site should not be about weight loss bullies !

Options

Replies

• DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    seems that people get a lot of courage when they r behind their computers.

Mostly because there are no immediate physical consequences to them getting snarky with their keyboard while hiding behind the illusion of anonymity.

Cowardly people are cowards. And, hecklers be heckling. Ignore them and/or report posts and personal messages that break the rules (which we ALL agreed to here) and trust the mods to do their jobs.
  • caffeinated_frog
    caffeinated_frog Posts: 86 Member
    Options

I like teddy bears. :flowerforyou:

Teddy-bear-omg.jpg

I just about peed myself laughing...

Can we go back to the pictures of bacon instead? I prefer bacon to teddy bears. Better eating.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Obviously, this needs to be reposted.
    uncaptioned-0xyde-50eb3781bacbc.jpeg
    EPIC
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the concern but my doctor actually chose the amount since i have a medical issue that requires me to lose weight inorder to be dealt with. I'm sure her medical degree and all the weight loss professionals at the hospital are well versed in the subject. that is just what is personally working for me.

ya would think.... folks spend a while googling then regurgitating misinformation and suddenly they are smarter than doctors, nutritionists and dieticians....

Do you girl!!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Ah, but sometimes it is. You can fight em, or ignore them. I mostly ignore them.

That crowd is sure they've gotten it right... this time.

Very sure. :drinker:

Not sure why they think mocking everyone else is the right thing to do, but they do.

And they seem oddly enthralled with snowflakes. :smile:

I vote once more for making chit chat a group. Or at least an opt in event.

It is, you opt to open the chit chat forum and click around, or you opt not to :flowerforyou:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. I pour my heart out to you people and NOTHING! Are you all dead inside? Dead like Timmy is, now? That's right. He died. He was like 17, which is pretty good for a dog, but still. Your hearts are THREE sizes too small. THREE!

I got lost... did Timmy die when you sat in the dog cr@p?
  • ODonna58
    Options
    I agree, they should start banning more of them.

^ THIS!! THANK YOU!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have read through every post here (even the dog poop ones)...

It seems that the snark started emerging after about 8 pages (with the odd exception here and there), and it was because people were giving feedback that was being ignored.

By that point, based upon feedback from the OP... it began to seem like the OP is saying: "this is my opinion. I want friends that will cheer for me. I want friends that will keep their mouths shut if they disagree with me. If they choose to disagree with me, in whatever tone that may be, then they are unkind and possibly bullies."

I read the responses of people saying in a respectful manner that they disagreed with the OP, and it seems like those respectful divergences of opinion were brushed off without regard.

When you venture into the forums (which by definition are: online discussion sites where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages) - you are saying... here is my position, let's discuss.

You are asking for discussion

NOT blanket agreement.

I am active in the forums (maybe I'm one that people don't want to see). My ticker says I lost a whopping 6 pounds (on this site), so maybe I don't know jack and have no right to comment...

but here's my hard and fast rule...

If I am going to START a thread... I make damn sure that a) my title is NOT inflammatory - unless I want heated debate b) I am not posting stuff I know jack about - as fact. c) I am willing to get a few bumps from people who disagree. d) I am willing to EVALUATE and CONSIDER the opposing viewpoints. ETA: oh, and e) my grammar and punctuation is pretty darn solid

Weight loss is HARD. People are struggling and a lot of them are trying to hold to crazy low calorie goals, and are hungry and cranky and generally pissed off. That breeds snark in the interwebs. (aka - HANGRY).

The ones who are joking more, often tend to be the ones who realize that it doesn't have to be a miserable "journey", and have started enjoying life a bit more.

*getting off soap box*

good luck on your journey, whatever road you travel... seems like you found a good couple of handfuls of people who will cheer you on your way, regardless of your choices

me... I love the smart alecs who cuss me out when I'm being lazy... for which I am due again.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. I pour my heart out to you people and NOTHING! Are you all dead inside? Dead like Timmy is, now? That's right. He died. He was like 17, which is pretty good for a dog, but still. Your hearts are THREE sizes too small. THREE!

I got lost... did Timmy die when you sat in the dog cr@p?

No. He died years later. Still, he's dead, and that's sad.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    But maybe the 'quick fix' is part of a plan that addresses their weight gain in the first place?

So, what's a quick fix that addresses their weight gain in the first place?

I'm listening.
    I'm interested.
    You will note that I didn't say the 'quick fix' would be the bit that addresses the initial gain.
    But the obvious general example is that it's the realisation that you can't carry on the lifestyle you had - that you DO need to do change how you eat to affect your weight.
    I can't believe many really believe that they can go on a diet, then go back to eating what they did before.

Just because people do go back to old eating habits doesn't mean they'd planned not to.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

Honestly, I don't know who "them" are to you....but yes, some people are ****s. Do they deserve to use this site even though you find them a little rude or don't enjoy their humour? Yes, they deserve to be here just as much as anyone.

There is one dude on here who I think is a giant douche. He is rude to people sometimes, but he is mostly too in love with himself to ever really be mean. His posts irritate me very much...y'know what I do? I scroll past his posts. Problem solved. I don't post rude things to him, I don't stalk him around the forums looking for reasons to report him. I don't cry at night and rock myself to sleep because he's a "bully". I let him do his thing, because while I find him irritating and cocky, I am sure other people find him motivating and supportive, or at least amusing. And most importantly because.....these are not my boards. This douche-a-roonie has every right to be here. They all do.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

^ THIS!! THANK YOU!

Oooh let's ban anyone who doesn't agree with me or support me even if I'm doing something unbelievably unhealthy or doesn't reply with tales of unicorns and rainbows!
    Maybe we should start banning everyone that promotes an unhealthy and dangerous diet or lifestyle instead, or those that get their knickers in a knot over something said on the interwebs.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options

^ THIS!! THANK YOU!

Oooh let's ban anyone who doesn't agree with me or support me even if I'm doing something unbelievably unhealthy or doesn't reply with tales of unicorns and rainbows!
    Maybe we should start banning everyone that promotes an unhealthy and dangerous diet or lifestyle instead, or those that get their knickers in a knot over something said on the interwebs.

your post offended me, you should be banned.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    1269259657_omg_cat.gif

NO WAY! People were being negative towards you!? Read the definition of "bullying" and tell me how it fits your description of what happened.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't have haters only fans in denial. :love:
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    If by "weight loss bullies" you mean people who are concerned for your health and who try to warn you of impending doom because of a fad, dangerous diet you're on then okay. It's not like people have been hospitalized from being on the hcg diet.....oh wait they have. Why isn't this thread locked yet?
  • Karenannmo
    Options
    It's such a shame you had such a bad experience on MFP....I have found just the opposite. Not only when I post a question to I get great positive and helpful feedback but I have "friends" who are always there to give me a boost when I need it. Good luck and I hope you have a better experience this time and please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like some encouragement.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you want a bunch of "yes" men and women who will enable your self destructive behavior. I'm glad I have found some amazing friends who tell me the truth and call me on my BS.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

^ THIS!! THANK YOU!

your post offended me, you should be banned.

You were offended by my post so I think you should be banned.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    bullying present participle of bul·ly
    Verb
    Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants

I don't think a stranger on the internet can FORCE you to do anything. Bullying is such an overused term here.