You Can Go To The Melting Pot!

Options

Replies

• 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    so, the takeaway is that i can go to the melting pot, order a meal, eat the whole thing and be at or below 700 cals?

awesome!

seriously. i've never been there, but it's on the todo list.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Farm to table is BS, terribly unhealthy

http://paulmartinsamericanbistro.com/americangrill/

Keep your tinfoil hat wrapped tight

Unhealthy how? I did not miss a day of work for a sick day last year and I've never been overweight.

How is eating from farm-to-table unhealthy?

Read what I quoted, someone stated no food from a chain restaurant is healthy, therefore that farm to table chain must serve unhealthy food

There are NO farm to table chain restaurants. Your just being ignorant to start an argument as usual and I ignore you and your ignorant comments.

Click the link, and calling someone ignorant?

I don't see where I was ignorant toward you or anyone else. The only thing I did was to defend Onesnap.

You can in saying that the farm to table movement is BS and unhealthy, in which you are inciting trouble. You know good and well that there is nothing unhealthy about knowing exactly where your food came from and where it was grown.

As usual, you are trying to cause trouble and I will not stoop down to your level.

Thank you for defending me.

I was not trying to be rude or disrespectful in anyway.

There's been other members on here saying horrible things to me. Saying I'm a bad teacher (when the students I work with, the schools, and the farm say otherwise). Saying I catch more flies with vinegar....etc.

I mean--I have not once said anything mean in this string.

I have not once called anyone a bad person.

All of this name calling is getting exhausting (or at least sitting here defending myself when I happen to rock at my jobs). Seriously? I don't need to defend myself. I'm well loved in the real world.

It just happens to be very difficult to stand up for what I believe and dragged through the mud by strangers.

Internet bullies. Most of you on here are just plain mean.

There is no bullying going on here from anyone. People disagreed with your message and you methodology to communicate your message. No one insulted you personally but you did call someone a jerk. Disagreement is not bullying.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Unhealthy how? I did not miss a day of work for a sick day last year and I've never been overweight.

Read what I quoted, someone stated no food from a chain restaurant is healthy, therefore that farm to table chain must serve unhealthy food

There are NO farm to table chain restaurants. Your just being ignorant to start an argument as usual and I ignore you and your ignorant comments.

I don't see where I was ignorant toward you or anyone else. The only thing I did was to defend Onesnap.

You can in saying that the farm to table movement is BS and unhealthy, in which you are inciting trouble. You know good and well that there is nothing unhealthy about knowing exactly where your food came from and where it was grown.

As usual, you are trying to cause trouble and I will not stoop down to your level.

You're the one that said all chain restaurants' food is unhealthy, so by that claim the link I posted to a farm to table chain must serve unhealthy food. Using your absolute statement about chain restaurants, and applied it to the farm to table chain that I linked to.

As usual you have your tin foil hat on a little too tight and love to fear monger and make things up that have no basis in reality
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    From their website:

Go Skinny Dipping at The Melting Pot
    JAN 1ST-MARCH 31ST, 2013
    Kick off your New Year's resolution with our new Skinny Dipping menu. Try our three-course limited-time Skinny Dipping menu featuring salad, an entree, and dark chocolate fondue for under 700 calories! Price is $22 per person. Compliment your light fondue with one of our hand-crafted skinny cocktails featuring Voli Light Vodka.

This is FAR from $150...just sayin'! :drinker:

$150 was for tip, 2 glasses of wine per person. 2 salads. Two people using the meat and seafood dipper. Two people eating the cheese one. Two people eating the meat and seafood one. Plus tax.

We've gone twice and it was $150 for the above.

I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say. Do you want to see the credit card receipt?

so what if it's $150 for two. it's worth it. That dessert menu.....omg yes please.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Wonder how many posts this thread would actually have if onesnap wasn't on it?:laugh:

Back to work.

And thank you to the kind soul that defended me. There were several actually.

There's been so much meanness in this forum today. It's absurd.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

ps Our food supply is MORE sustainable now because it's designed to feed a larger population. What isn't being mentioned is if we were to attempt to feed everyone organic, locally grown food we'd need one thing to happen. We'd need millions of people to die. There simply wouldn't be enough food.

Source? This is actually not true. As reported by The New York Times, NPR, and in books. If you have a source on this I'd be happy to read it.

I happen to be very good at what I do.

Anyone saying mean things on here does not even know me.

I'm not the one being rude here.

Trouble finding one that wouldn't be from a biased source, pro or against. But I appreciate you asking.

I never said anything about you being rude or mean. I just enjoy debating the argument itself.

I could use a cop-out, say that even with factory farming cranking out more food than any time in history we still can't feed everyone, as the poor starve around the world. But like I said, that's a cop-out.

What I'd point to is the fact that certain types of food are unavailable in many parts of the world. If we insist on only buying local giant segments of the population will never get fish. Coffee will be a rare treat for a privileged few. Same as chocolate. Many people would have to grow foods themselves. You may enjoy that but not everyone does. Most people on the planet still live in cities, and you can't grow much in an urban jungle.

Essentially you're calling for us to go back hundreds of years in our development. You think it would be better for us. You could be right. I disagree.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    1256875135103.gif
  • Onesnap
    Options
    From their website:

JAN 1ST-MARCH 31ST, 2013
    Kick off your New Year's resolution with our new Skinny Dipping menu. Try our three-course limited-time Skinny Dipping menu featuring salad, an entree, and dark chocolate fondue for under 700 calories! Price is $22 per person. Compliment your light fondue with one of our hand-crafted skinny cocktails featuring Voli Light Vodka.

$150 was for tip, 2 glasses of wine per person. 2 salads. Two people using the meat and seafood dipper. Two people eating the cheese one. Two people eating the meat and seafood one. Plus tax.

We've gone twice and it was $150 for the above.

I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say. Do you want to see the credit card receipt?

so what if it's $150 for two. it's worth it. That dessert menu.....omg yes please.

$150 for two. Sorry. Not per person.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My point was that the thread was simply about a menu change...and then you came in putting down the place and tossing around all your opinions regarding how this country grows food and such.

Menu change....how the country grows food...good hijack of the thread.

Once people tried to say "look we're just talking about the basic idea of the OP" and you kept bantering on and on...yeah...people get annoyed. Shocking.
  • Onesnap
    Options

ps Our food supply is MORE sustainable now because it's designed to feed a larger population. What isn't being mentioned is if we were to attempt to feed everyone organic, locally grown food we'd need one thing to happen. We'd need millions of people to die. There simply wouldn't be enough food.

Source? This is actually not true. As reported by The New York Times, NPR, and in books. If you have a source on this I'd be happy to read it.

Trouble finding one that wouldn't be from a biased source, pro or against. But I appreciate you asking.

I never said anything about you being rude or mean. I just enjoy debating the argument itself.

I could use a cop-out, say that even with factory farming cranking out more food than any time in history we still can't feed everyone, as the poor starve around the world. But like I said, that's a cop-out.

What I'd point to is the fact that certain types of food are unavailable in many parts of the world. If we insist on only buying local giant segments of the population will never get fish. Coffee will be a rare treat for a privileged few. Same as chocolate. Many people would have to grow foods themselves. You may enjoy that but not everyone does. Most people on the planet still live in cities, and you can't grow much in an urban jungle.

Essentially you're calling for us to go back hundreds of years in our development. You think it would be better for us. You could be right. I disagree.

Never said that.

I live in an urban place (Boston)

Check out the articles on how places like Detroit are leading the Urban farming revolution. It's pretty neat and it's putting people back to work that have not worked in years.

It snows 5-6 months a year here. I'm not saying I suggest eating 100% local. Nor would I ever suggest that.

I'm just saying you can get shrimp to dip in your fondue from the USA.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    @onesnap, you derailed someone's entire thread. Talk about people being mean, how do you think she feels after you completely ruined her thread when she was only trying to tell people about a menu?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Never said that.

I live in an urban place (Boston)

Check out the articles on how places like Detroit are leading the Urban farming revolution. It's pretty neat and it's putting people back to work that have not worked in years.

It snows 5-6 months a year here. I'm not saying I suggest eating 100% local. Nor would I ever suggest that.

I'm just saying you can get shrimp to dip in your fondue from the USA.

This thread is about the Melting Pot trying to provide calorically reasonable meals? Good, then it seems like the perfect place to put this:

obama.gif
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    so can i or cant i go to melting pot?
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    From their website:

JAN 1ST-MARCH 31ST, 2013

So adding a drink to that and multiplying by two you're looking at about 60 bucks.. ok 80 if you each have 2 drinks.. How is that above average price for dinner??? omg.. i really want dark choclate fondue now..

evil thread.. thanks evil thread.. LOL
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

More terribly unhealthy BS farm to table chain food ick

http://lemonadela.com/culture
  • Onesnap
    Options

$150 is not a lot of money to everyone. Then again I am satisfied with owning one house and not three.

That's uncalled for. We own three homes because we built one with our bare hands (it took 5 years and does not have a mortgage). The other one is a rental (pretty common to have a rental property in New England--lots of college students from all over the world). And the first house we bought when we were 23.

I grew up in a poor area. The house we built is in a very poor area (tarps for roofs, our town building is a trailer).

We work two fulltime jobs and run 2 side businesses.

Never once did I claim to be better than anyone.

Never once did I name call.

Never once did I say anything mean in this forum post.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

$150 is not a lot of money to everyone. Then again I am satisfied with owning one house and not three.

That's uncalled for. We own three homes because we built one with our bare hands (it took 5 years and does not have a mortgage). The other one is a rental (pretty common to have a rental property in New England--lots of college students from all over the world). And the first house we bought when we were 23.

I grew up in a poor area. The house we built is in a very poor area (tarps for roofs, our town building is a trailer).

I thought you were leaving. Now, don't make threats that get us all excited. That's just rude.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

You may not have attacked anyone personally in this post, but you totally and fully derailed it, something that is quite thoughtless to the op. If you want to rant then make your own post instead of taking over someone else's.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    @onesnap, you derailed someone's entire thread. Talk about people being mean, how do you think she feels after you completely ruined her thread when she was only trying to tell people about a menu?

Wow. That's giving me a lot of credit.

I did not once name call or say mean things.

A lot of people on here said mean things to me and I was simply defending myself.

Off to do something that actually matters to people...geez.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    the cheese is my favorite part. i'd rather fast all day lol
This discussion has been closed.