191011121315»

Replies

• PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love that d-bag.
    34148176.jpg

Did you just make that? LOLOLOL
    Yes. Glad you asked, so that I could quote it.
    Pretty cool, huh?
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    From their website:

Go Skinny Dipping at The Melting Pot
    JAN 1ST-MARCH 31ST, 2013
    Kick off your New Year's resolution with our new Skinny Dipping menu. Try our three-course limited-time Skinny Dipping menu featuring salad, an entree, and dark chocolate fondue for under 700 calories! Price is $22 per person. Compliment your light fondue with one of our hand-crafted skinny cocktails featuring Voli Light Vodka.

This is FAR from $150...just sayin'! :drinker:

The same "Skinny Dipping" special at the one where I live starts at $24.95 per person, so it must be a little different depending on the each market
    This is the "Valentines Special" ad for the one in my area too....its a bigger meal, but pretty pricey!

"Nothing says romance like The Melting Pot! We are featuring a five-course special menu for $79.99 per person. Space is limited, so please call soon for reservations. We are also featuring this special menu on Friday and Saturday for $59.99 per person."
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I love that d-bag.
    34148176.jpg

Did you just make that? LOLOLOL
    Yes. Glad you asked, so that I could quote it.
    Pretty cool, huh?

I hate that my brother ever put that picture up on the web.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Melting Pot is the worst meat and seafood in town. So when you say "no crap in their food" what do you mean exactly?
    It's a chain. It's factory farmed meat and seafood that's not sustainably caught. It's $150 for TWO PEOPLE TO HAVE DINNER. How is this even remotely a good idea?
    ^ carries mean and condescending tone
    Just support a small family owned restaurant and a farm to table restaurant if you want to know where your food comes from.
    ^ telling others what to do/giving unsolicited advice

Both will put people on the defense in a public forum (and in real life in many cases).

I also support eating and purchasing local meats, etc., but I would never respond to a stranger posting about a special offer at a favorite establishment by blasting the said establishment's food supply choices. I do not see the point.

It reminds me of once, how I was discussing maybe going to the circus that had just come into town, and my co-worker had the nerve to say, "Why would you go to the circus? Don't you know how they treat the elephants?" Then he went on and on about the elephants and trainers, etc., etc., etc. I did not appreciate that at all and it made me want to stop sharing things with him.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    DAMMIT! I missed all the fun!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston Churchill

My personal thanks to a couple of posters here, determined to demonstrate Sir Winston's insight.
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    the only reason this forum made it so far is because all of you like arguing.

:yawn: EXACTLY!.......
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    OP, thank you for posting. Would love to check it out. I've been to MP quite a few times and always enjoy it...and the seafood and meat always tastes great to me.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Melting Pot is the worst meat and seafood in town. So when you say "no crap in their food" what do you mean exactly?
    It's a chain. It's factory farmed meat and seafood that's not sustainably caught. It's $150 for TWO PEOPLE TO HAVE DINNER. How is this even remotely a good idea?
    Just support a small family owned restaurant and a farm to table restaurant if you want to know where your food comes from.

Both will put people on the defense in a public forum (and in real life in many cases).

I also support eating and purchasing local meats, etc., but I would never respond to a stranger posting about a special offer at a favorite establishment by blasting the said establishment's food supply choices. I do not see the point.

It reminds me of once, how I was discussing maybe going to the circus that had just come into town, and my co-worker had the nerve to say, "Why would you go to the circus? Don't you know how they treat the elephants?" Then he went on and on about the elephants and trainers, etc., etc., etc. I did not appreciate that at all and it made me want to stop sharing things with him.

Wow, you get that much voice inflection and intent from words on a computer screen? Sensitive much?

This is the internet and it is just words on a screen. You can not tell what someone's intent saying mean and condescending tone.......

There is no tone with words spelled out on a screen. Seriously, that makes me LOL that someone says their tone is mean or condescending.............:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: People, it words on a screen.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Wow, you get that much voice inflection and intent from words on a computer screen? Sensitive much?

This is the internet and it is just words on a screen. You can not tell what someone's intent saying mean and condescending tone.......

There is no tone with words spelled out on a screen. Seriously, that makes me LOL that someone says their tone is mean or condescending.............:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: People, it words on a screen.

Tone is a common term describing writing style as well as speech.
    Shall I add some smileys? (See, that was a smart *kitten* tone in my last sentence. Get it?)
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

I don't see where there is a need to interpret any tone in that comment. They were flat out saying rude/mean things.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So onesnap, you're saying you wouldn't go to TMP because it's expensive and the food is factory farmed? Just want to make sure I have that correct- you haven't been quite clear enough :wink:

I agree it's a lot of money to cook your own food- but thanks for sharing this information for those who do like to go!!
    [/quote

^^ you are killing me !
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Tone is a common term describing writing style as well as speech.
    Shall I add some smileys? (See, that was a smart *kitten* tone in my last sentence. Get it?)

Today you have a shot :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Serious question-

How many dollars does it cost for two people to have dinner at the melting pot?

Thanks.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Serious question-

How many dollars does it cost for two people to have dinner at the melting pot?

Thanks.
    From their website:

Go Skinny Dipping at The Melting Pot
    JAN 1ST-MARCH 31ST, 2013
    Kick off your New Year's resolution with our new Skinny Dipping menu. Try our three-course limited-time Skinny Dipping menu featuring salad, an entree, and dark chocolate fondue for under 700 calories! Price is $22 per person. Compliment your light fondue with one of our hand-crafted skinny cocktails featuring Voli Light Vodka.

This is FAR from $150...just sayin'! :drinker:
    The same "Skinny Dipping" special at the one where I live starts at $24.95 per person, so it must be a little different depending on the each market
    This is the "Valentines Special" ad for the one in my area too....its a bigger meal, but pretty pricey!

"Nothing says romance like The Melting Pot! We are featuring a five-course special menu for $79.99 per person. Space is limited, so please call soon for reservations. We are also featuring this special menu on Friday and Saturday for $59.99 per person."
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Look another unhealthy farm to table chain restaurant

http://www.tendergreensfood.com/about/food/
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hey Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

When the community does not allow for objective responses the topic will become as a whole, divisive. When polarization of this kind happens topics will almost always be locked. The original poster has received a significant amount of feedback and the conversations can continue via personal messaging or within a group.

I want to take this opportunity to respectfully remind that folks that our community guidelines include:
    2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Thank you for your understanding and help in keeping MFP a supportive, friendly community.

Respectfully,
    Olivia
    MFP Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.