• Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!!
    the cheese is my favorite part. i'd rather fast all day lol
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Ok.....we get it. You don't like The Melting Pot. That was made clear in your first post. Do you really need to repeat that for 8 pages?

Anyway, yes...it can be pricey however there are ways to spend less there as well. Our local one has monthly specials (3rd Thursday is Ladies night, $20...wine is extra). The last time it would have been $100, but ended up being $50 because of a Groupon. It's a night out. I do think it's great that they're going to add a "skinny" menu, however I love all the choices there and for as little as I go I probably will stick with the normal menu.

Never said I did not like it. Nor did the kind soul that defended me. Clearly you missed their points and mine.

Have a great day.

I'm out.

So many mean people on here....just horrible. I never once said a mean word to any of you. Geez.

If my post was your definition of mean, than wow.....

There are a lot of people that love The Melting Pot. The OP was trying to show others that there is a new skinny meal coming that they can enjoy within their macros.

I did read your first few original posts, however I did not read all 10 pages of what you had to say (who has that time?). It did seem you had a general disdain for them because they don't use local seafood or farm grown meat (see, I pay attention). I get that and it would have been fine to keep it to one or two posts. Instead you took away from the positive vibe that the OP created in her original post and turned it into your own little rant.

Anyway, good day to you as well.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I've been there once...once was once too many for me.

Enjoy!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

$150 is not a lot of money to everyone. Then again I am satisfied with owning one house and not three.

That's uncalled for. We own three homes because we built one with our bare hands (it took 5 years and does not have a mortgage). The other one is a rental (pretty common to have a rental property in New England--lots of college students from all over the world). And the first house we bought when we were 23.

I grew up in a poor area. The house we built is in a very poor area (tarps for roofs, our town building is a trailer).

We work two fulltime jobs and run 2 side businesses.

Never once did I claim to be better than anyone.

Never once did I name call.

Never once did I say anything mean in this forum post.
    You hijacked a post from someone that was just trying to be helpful and made it about you and your agenda. I would say that makes you not a very nice person.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. I live in Michigan. Probably for the best though, $150 is crazy for one meal!

it's SOOO good though, you should go if you get a chance.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options

Off to do something that actually matters to people...geez.

REALLY? Do ya mean it, this time? *crosses fingers*
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You think OUR panties are in a bunch over The Melting Pot? LOL

Well people have really jumped all over me.

There were quite a few that agreed though.

In general this conversation has been just strange....I mean in a ****ty economy people are getting excited about cooking their own food? I don't understand it.

I've found the level of just plain rudeness to be really out of control. 3 years ago on this site there was far less rudeness.

I haven't read the whole thing and I probably should but my general rules always applies in life- ignore the rudeness. I'm sorry you had to go thru people being mean. :frown:

Read the whole thread and then get back to us. The rudeness was coming from OneSnap and then she got offended when people commented on her rampant and repeated posting of the same information. It bordered on spam.

Sorry. I was not intending to be rude. Just something I'm passionate about. I work on a farm so I tend to get easily...fired up. When it comes to chain restaurants and people mistaking chain food for real food. Not trying to insult anyone's choices.

We all work hard for a living. Not trying to offend anyone, so I'm sorry if I angered anyone on here. It just felt like no one was actually understanding what I was trying to say. I'm biased because I work on a farm. That's all.

And Now I've read the whole thread. Or have tried to and I still think people don't need to be mean. You weren't mean to anyone OneSnap it seemed like everyone just all started b**ching to you or about you and kept it going. I would say no need to apologize for your opinions, you have opinions as does everyone else. People who CHOOSE to keep the argument going are being the silly ones- you are just standing your ground with your point. I get it- I LOVE the Melting Pot- but I get that you may not. And I think that's fine, no need to argue about it. Thank you for your insight though, afterall that's what this sight it about. I know One thing- I will think of you the next time I spend $150 at the melting pot :drinker: lol! Enjoy your day and again..... I'm sorry you had to deal with this..... :indifferent:
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    If this is "mean" then your real world must be peaches and cream.

Seriously...it's offensive to people when they feel they're being told they're selfish or don't care for not promoting local farms or spending their money there. People choose how they live and that's that.

Half of what you claim is offensive to you ...like omg seriously? Relax. You hijacked the thread...and if anyone didn't agree with you, you claimed they were attacking you...and kept going..and kept going...and kept going...etc.

Good lord. Ok..I'm bowing out of this one...Have a lovely glitter filled day.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    From their website:

Go Skinny Dipping at The Melting Pot
    JAN 1ST-MARCH 31ST, 2013
    Kick off your New Year's resolution with our new Skinny Dipping menu. Try our three-course limited-time Skinny Dipping menu featuring salad, an entree, and dark chocolate fondue for under 700 calories! Price is $22 per person. Compliment your light fondue with one of our hand-crafted skinny cocktails featuring Voli Light Vodka.

This is FAR from $150...just sayin'! :drinker:
    U
    So adding a drink to that and multiplying by two you're looking at about 60 bucks.. ok 80 if you each have 2 drinks.. How is that above average price for dinner??? omg.. i really want dark choclate fondue now..

evil thread.. thanks evil thread.. LOL
    Really?

We don't spend half of that ONE dinner for three people to eat out! That's a lot of money.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    We get it ONESNAP.. You HATE The Melting Pot... I think the OP was only trying to tell us of a little bit of a healthier way we could eat at that particular restaurant for the people who may actually eat there. I myself have never been, but have always wanted to go. Of course it would be only for a special occasion as the price does seem a little steep.

BUT there is no reason you should continue BASHING people for their opinions or for them trying to give people information that could help them in their journey.. We get that you only like FARM raised animals and FRESH seafood... you dont have to keep trying to beat it into anyones head that has commented on this post... MOVE ALONG!!!

The thing that OneSnap is trying to convey is that these chain restaurants are NOT healthy no matter what. I don't care if they have a 500 calorie menu or whatever.

Food from chain restaurants is NOT healthy for us no matter what they try to market it as.

*kitten* marketed as flowers is still *kitten*.

Farm to table is BS, terribly unhealthy

http://paulmartinsamericanbistro.com/americangrill/

Keep your tinfoil hat wrapped tight

Give me a break. 4 locations does not equal a chain restaurant. They are all in the same general area. Sorry, but try again.
  • mtiheartmuscle
    Options
    so can i or cant i go to melting pot?

NO!
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    34148176.jpg
  • seena511
    Options
    Thats freaking awesome!!! Me and my husband LOVE that place! Now I have an excuse to go for valentines day!

i wish i could do it for v-day this year too but we're doing a weekend in chicago. sacrifices! ;-)
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    34148176.jpg

Did you just make that? LOLOLOL
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It's more fun to make your own fondue meal - just saying :)
  • seena511
    Options
    so, the takeaway is that i can go to the melting pot, order a meal, eat the whole thing and be at or below 700 cals?

awesome!

seriously. i've never been there, but it's on the todo list.

DO IT. it's my favorite place to go. you'll have never been so full of delicious food.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    so can i or cant i go to melting pot?

NO!

You can do whatever you want.....they have a "skinny" menu for 700 cals....but it's a chain restaurant, that sums up the 11 pages of this topic
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    34148176.jpg

Yes. Glad you asked, so that I could quote it.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love that d-bag.
    34148176.jpg

Yes. Glad you asked, so that I could quote it.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    the only reason this forum made it so far is because all of you like arguing.
This discussion has been closed.