Options

Replies

• elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Kindle and DVDs......
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    I listen to audiobooks on my ipod... makes the time go fast and I don't have to worry about getting dizzy watching a screen.

I do this, except I use my android

Oh wow, I never considered that! Thanks for the idea. :drinker:

I've listened to the Song of Ice and Fire series twice (game of thrones) they are very long and interesting and most chapters were just the right length for my workout, now I'm onto the Hitchhikers Guide series for a little bit of lighter, funnier subject matter, Lord of the rings is next, or the dark tower series, I haven't decided yet. I find I get bored of any music playlists quickly and I have no interest in sports and the only tv on in my small gym is usually on espn
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It's kind of weird but I started doing Zumba not too long ago, I have all the dance moves down so I don't really have to watch the people on my video anymore. Since I do it at home, I end up looking out the window, watching cars go by or my weird neighbors. I even find myself thinking off onto out there subjects. I have invented stuff, made up stories, had imaginary lives with celebs I love, lol... all while dancing my buns off.

When I do my HIIT stuff, that is another story, I am talking myself out of finishing, huffing ,puffing and dying right there on the floor. I am thinking that I hate this crap, and just try to do most of it with my eyes closed until it's over.
  • sarildia
    sarildia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like to listen to music. It helps the time go faster
  • If I'm on the elliptical I take my tablet and use Netflix. I consider it me time, so I watch all the shows that I know my husband wouldn't want to watch. Right now, that's Pretty Little Liars. My tablet covers the screen and before I know it the episode is over and it's been 40-50 minutes! :)
  • AMS44067
    Options
    while I exercise I exercise or have an exercise DVD with instructions in my player. I do not watch TV or lisen to music while I exercise, it is a distraction - at least for me.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I usually run/walk outside so I watch for cars and listen to I<3Radio. If I'm home, I will do workout DVDs so I have to concentrate on that.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    I work out intensely enough that doing anything else would be difficult. I couldn't stand hours on a treadmill.
  • debramariemary
    debramariemary Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I get on the treadmill and listen to music...the faster the beat the faster I go. Without music pushing me I'd be a turtle. No way could I read a book. I'd fall down and bust my face. If I go fast I hold on, close my eyes and concentrate on each step. I think getting older made me walk crooked? When I'm finished 30-40 minutes I'm a sweaty mess and I love it. I love adding new fast-paced songs on my MP3 - looks like a high school playlist. Fun.
  • DBubba65
    DBubba65 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I invested some of the money I saved in eating unhealthy over processed foods in restaurants and purchased myself and I-pad mini. I watch series on Netflix like Breaking Bad and I usually exceed the length of a show (45 minutes) before I realize I am done. 400-550 calories done!! Sometimes cardio can seem mindless if you let it. There is no reason why you cant pick up a very interesting book or video and multitask while doing great things for your body!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Books on my ipod and playlists of rock music to keep me going.
  • ForeverAsleep
    Options
    If i'm on the treadmill i catch up on my TV shows. Everything else i listen to music.
  • roxbox2013
    roxbox2013 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I either watch TV, listen to music, or read. :)
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I listen to 80's cardio radio on Pandora and pretend everyone else in the gym is listening to the same song as me. It's funny how in sync everyone suddenly appears, LOL!
  • StickingWithIt2015
    Options
    Love listening to the hip hop workout station on Pandora app on my iPhone
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Watch hockey like a good Canadian

Otherwise i pick a TV series and watch it, usually a 1 hour (40 minute) drama followed by a half hour (22minute) sitcom. Although I just finished season 2 of Walking Dead and all three seasons of Arrested Development
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I try not to fall over/vomit, and then usually bemoan how out of shape I am.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I close my eyes and pray it will be over soon. lol

:sad:

LOL-Gold's Gym-thank G-d they have a cardio-room with movies-Or I would die of boredom!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I have a focal point and solve all the world's problems.
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If I am able to watch tv then I'm not working hard enough....music is my weapon...good for interval training when the chorus comes along and recovery during the verses.