What do you do while you execise?

Options

Replies

• Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I watched The Biggest Loser the other week on the elliptical and burned a machine readout of 1385 calories myself.. THAT was exhausting!
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If I am doing cardio on the recumbent, I watch videos for my last class for (another) degree. If I am on the elliptical, I watch ESPN. If I am lifting, I am listening to Spotify. I use the song time to keep me accurate on rest times between sets and fast paced house/techno/etc to keep the adrenaline flowing.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I like to breathe while working out. I'm unable to watch TV while out running or doing zumba. My attention is 100% on what exercise I am doing so then I can get the best out of it.
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I love to listen to audio books. I just let myself get lost in the story and forget that I'm out of breath or that my legs feel wobbly or... and I keep going! Love it!
  • markaconklin
    markaconklin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't "exercise"..... I "lift heavy *kitten* weight" I don't watch ****. I wipe the sweat outta my eyes every 20 seconds, and wonder why in the *kitten* am i trying to kill myself and when the f%ck will i die. there's not supposed to be commercials in your workout routine. start aproaching your goals head on instead of recording them on your DVR.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    whilst speed walking or exercise bike i listen to my ipod
    whilst running i listen to my ipod and concentrate on remembering to breathe lol im terrible for holding my breath
    exercise dvds i mainly have to contend with my 2 year old daughter who likes to copy me but insists on sitting on me (usually my head) as soon as i get on the floor

im so jealous of all the people with treadmills at home id love to have one alas no space what so ever:sad:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I watch TV (usually fighting shows, good energy, or something funny/lighthearted, not slow stuff or sappy movies, etc) or listen to up-tempo music with online radio. :)
  • crazihel
    crazihel Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Arghh I hate gym machines, and running. I find the seconds drag. So I do a combination of classes - spinning, body pump & body combat. So I get a fun workout which is followed by a social chat in the steam room! :)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    if i'm running at the gym, i'll usually hop on a treadmill in front of a t.v. with CNN or MSNBC (really any news, so long as it's not fox news), read along with the stories and listen to music.

if i'm running outside, i jam to music and get lost in my head thinking about what i need to do that day, the next day, etcetera; possible future travel plans, that cute guy i saw at the grocery store.. :wink:
  • debramariemary
    debramariemary Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love a good sense of humor! You must work out a lot harder than me.
  • Sammiebird
    Sammiebird Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sweat usually.... If nto I'm doing it wrong.... I usually end up crumpled up in a sweaty ball on the floor at the end of my workout....

Ha. I love the honesty.
  • misselemental
    misselemental Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :happy: Ditto to Netflix, usually try and pick something actiony to watch when I'm on the treadmill.
  • jpkmets31
    jpkmets31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Listen to The Clash. Nothing else gets me that fired up!
  • chefmiyabi
    chefmiyabi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I listen to music and zone out to focus on the lyrics rather than how long I've been running.
  • fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    While I workout on a treadmill I like to watch hulu or netflix. I got caught up on my shows like Scandal, Spiderman and others. This allow me to tune out how long I been on the treadmill. I can stay on the treadmill for an hour to a hour and half and burn 1000 plus calories. What do you do while you workout?

That's awesome!
    I'm hoping 1 day to do something like that. Make TV time fitness time.

Currently I just listen to music at the gym, sometimes news or podcasts.
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When I lived in Michigan and went to Anytime Fitness, they had tvs on each cardio machine so I would watch tv while working out. And since I didn't have cable at home then, it was stuff I wasn't used to watching. Now i'm in Arkansas and go to 10 Fitness...they have tvs, but you have to deal with whatever channel they have on. So, now I read. I take my kindle and get into a good book.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    While I workout on a treadmill I like to watch hulu or netflix. I got caught up on my shows like Scandal, Spiderman and others. This allow me to tune out how long I been on the treadmill. I can stay on the treadmill for an hour to a hour and half and burn 1000 plus calories. What do you do while you workout?

When I'm on the treadmill I have the TV on... either the morning news, a DVD or stream Netflix. l need the distraction because the treadmill can get boring rather quickly. Especially during the winter months when I'm forced to do my long runs on the treadmill due to the weather conditions.
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Sweat usually.... If nto I'm doing it wrong.... I usually end up crumpled up in a sweaty ball on the floor at the end of my workout....

^This.. with Pitbull in my ear! :bigsmile:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Curse and scream WHEN WILL THIS TORTURE BE OVERRRRRR!!!
  • nathutchings
    Options
    I also usually catch up on tv shows or listen to music. Today I played the facebook game candy crush while on my exercise bike ... great for distracting you, but also really great for giving you motion sickness :( Won't be doing that again!!!