What I leave out of my diary

Options
15678911»

Replies

• AMS44067
    Options
    So I will admit. I don't log every bite.

Here are the items I skip:
    1. stevia/calorie-free sweeteners
    2. Tea (unless I add sugar)
    3. The splash of almond milk in my tea (it is only a couple of teaspoons, considering that 1/4 of a cup is 10 calories...I think it is OK)
    4. gum
    5. vitamins (even the gummies)
    6. cough syrup
    7. lemon juice/lime juice/vinegar
    8. most spices

Fess up, what is your diary missing?

I don't log black coffee, tea,spices, my meds, which are Centrum, garlic, magnesium and DHEA, and I don't log everything that is zero calories.
    I don't use calories that I previously burned doing exercises, so I stay within my calories allowance no matter what I do.
  • luvmyfitbit
    luvmyfitbit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Diet soda, spices, spenda, and most things that only have 10 calories. :smile:
  • michcor
    michcor Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The sugar in my coffee, spices, vitamins (when I remember to take them), probiotics, black coffee, flax meal, anything under 20 calories I usually don't log. Maybe that's why I'm not losing...
  • michcor
    michcor Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh, and this beer that I'm drinking right now, I won't be adding.
  • AMS44067
    Options
    The sugar in my coffee, spices, vitamins (when I remember to take them), probiotics, black coffee, flax meal, anything under 20 calories I usually don't log. Maybe that's why I'm not losing...

Flax meal has a fairly good amount of calories, better log that!
    I used to not log my coffee creamer, until I figured that I use almost 300 calories per day in coffee creamer, that is almost the amount of a meal, since I know that I log it.
    Once in a greatwhile I use Splenda, it has zero calories, but it counts towards carbs.
    So basically everything should be logged. But I don't do that either. Instead I try to stay a little below my calorie allowance, and that way I am losing.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi, Read the post yesterday and decided to log everything today. Wow. That's an eye opener! I don't think I will always log everything but I think its good practice in the early days or if you are on a tight calorie budget.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging my work. I teach swim lessons, so I'm in the pool 3-8 hours a day, 4-5 days a week, plus a couple "dry" shifts... But, I've decided I've been there long enough and doing it long enough that it should be counted as my "normal daily activity" and not as exercise. I also ignore the 0 calorie Monster Ultimate Zero drinks I occasionally get when I need a caffeine boost... (Down to less than 1 a week, where before I was getting at least 3 a week.)
  • emoyap
    emoyap Posts: 12
    Options
    I needed a good laugh today and gee did I get it reading these comments. Thank heavens we are all in the same boat.....so to speak!!
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    None. Yet....

Incoming....

Pun intended!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Booze and any form of exercise.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Literally everything. My vitamins, no cal sweeteners, spices, every little bit. Even chewing gum and mints. I'm slightly obsessed with logging. Hah. I guess when I drink (which is rare) I don't log it.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I don't log my 2 cups of black coffee in the mornings (somedays it's only 1), or the occasional can of diet coke.

I also don't log it when I lick a spoon, try a bite of something I'm baking/cooking or something my kids are sharing.
  • hmp1130
    hmp1130 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That guy I killed.

No paper trail.

Love your Profile Pic... "Don't Blink"
  • LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    0 calorie drinks (coffee, water, tea), spices except chopped garlic, an occasional TUMS
  • swishandflick
    Options
    Splenda, black coffee, coconut milk creamer that's 10 cals a serving, diet Coke, spices, sometimes I won't bother with veggies if they're raw (things like carrot sticks, celery, raw red pepper).

I try and log everything, but I figure if I don't log something that day it's usually a thing that has so few calories/ishealthy that it wouldn't harm the diet anyways. According to a lot of posts on here I'm eating fewer calories than I should be eating, so I figure it all rounds out in the end :blushing:
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds or sesame seeds on my salad. Too lazy and tiny amt of cals.

Are you only tossing 5 pieces or so. ???I looove seeds on my salad. I was thinking they were a low cal replacement for nuts. Noooooo i was disappointed to see how much fat and cals they have. One tsbp has about 50 cals for sesame. Pumpkin more. My prob was I can eat spoonfulls of these on salads. Had to cut back as it was like adding a high cal dressing.

ya, last halloween i made the mistake of roasting pumpkin seeds and eating all them.... and then i figured out the have a **** load of calories!!!!!!!
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I love everything. Except like a couple said, if I drink a few on a Saturday night...I will log the first couple ;) But if I drink during the week (which rarely happens) I log every sip.

I use to not log oil and condiments because I just didnt think of it. But I stopped that right quick when I realized that content.
  • maeck
    maeck Posts: 7
    Options
    Beverages with no calories (for me this is pretty much just tea and coffee, although I do log the milk or fat free half and half I put in my coffee) and spices.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the a same.... don't always measure green veggies either. More of a guesstimate I suppose. . Then again its more about getting a general idea than an exact figure to me. I'll she the exact science things your a tons when I need to fine things things.

did you have a stroke while typing that last sentence?!

ROFLMAO x 10

That was pretty frekin funny LOL

i have tears in my eyes from laughing too much

OMFG I'M DYING. That's hilarious.

I read this 10 minutes ago and I'm still laughing. I had to come back and read it again.

I don't log green tea (I don't put it anything in it). I also usually forget to track my water but I drink a ton every day so I'm not really concerned about it.

I remember reading this 45 days ago, and I'm STILL laughing..
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the a same.... don't always measure green veggies either. More of a guesstimate I suppose. . Then again its more about getting a general idea than an exact figure to me. I'll she the exact science things your a tons when I need to fine things things.

did you have a stroke while typing that last sentence?!

ROFLMAO x 10

That was pretty frekin funny LOL

i have tears in my eyes from laughing too much

OMFG I'M DYING. That's hilarious.

I read this 10 minutes ago and I'm still laughing. I had to come back and read it again.

I don't log green tea (I don't put it anything in it). I also usually forget to track my water but I drink a ton every day so I'm not really concerned about it.

I remember reading this 45 days ago, and I'm STILL laughing..
    Yeah, funniest moment to date. lol.