What I leave out of my diary

Options

Replies

• jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't log the sweetener I use in my coffee or spices.
    Or the spray from my misto
  • Kimmykakers
    Kimmykakers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i think everyone feels the same way, things not being so important due to the minimum of calories or afraid of how many .. i know i dont' log my alcohol.. and i probably should... and as far as spices.. i honestly didn't think it would be necessary.. as long as i log what i've eaten with it.. i try to be health conscious about what i'm eating but i starting to feel like if i dont' then i have something to hide.. oh decisions, decisions..lol
  • patticarbjunkie
    patticarbjunkie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Half and half in my coffee!!!! I log in my wine but only 4 ounces when it is a goblet!!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    most times it's "dinner" ...smh
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that is 0 calories... like regular mustard... because I'm lazy

same here. No calories why record it?
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can drink too much water. You can die from it. 11-15 glasses a day won't cause death tho, but don't drink gallons at a time!
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Message to gabegrammy : look up "food preparation" in the exercise portion of this site :)
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    this program is just like your conscience... It's between you and your body....If you don't list some things, you still have an idea of what calories you ate or still have left....Not a big deal......we all guess at the amounts of food, so sometimes you are over and sometimes you are under so it all evens out.......
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    i do log vitamins because i like to see what they add to the nutrients that are tracked.

Black coffee, stevia, lightly used spices, gum.

I used to log my vitamins to remind myself I had taken them, I sometimes forget now but am trying to get into the habit again. Granted they don't have many calories-I use the gummy kinds-but it's easier for me to remember at night if I need to take them or not, especially on the weekends.

I don't track gym either cause I'm burning those "calories" off while I chew them. If I'm feeling kinda ahhh or sick, I'll have a peppermint and not log that as well
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    seasoning/spices

EmergenC packets (15 calories?)
  • latonya41
    latonya41 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't log random bites of my sons food, spices, or butter......don't judge me! LOL
  • TheManda27
    TheManda27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the a same.... don't always measure green veggies either. More of a guesstimate I suppose. . Then again its more about getting a general idea than an exact figure to me. I'll she the exact science things your a tons when I need to fine things things.

did you have a stroke while typing that last sentence?!

I am crying at my desk laughing, this is so funny!
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options

I don't log every glass of water. I average between 11-15 glasses a day (is there such a thing as too much water?! no seriously is there)

I drink 18 cups throughout the day (which is no small feat). As long as you space out your water consumption, you should be fine. A lot depends on your size though, so I can certainly handle more water than someone who is 5'4" and 130lbs for example.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I don't log dried seasonings (salt, pepper, etc..) However, I do know to be careful with garlic...If I'm not mistaken it's 1 carb per 1/8th of a teaspoon in the brand I use, so most of the time I just stick to salt and pepper for my personal food.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I don't log black coffee. I don't log tea, but if I have it with honey I log the honey. I don't log the one or two cheerios I eat off my daughters tray when I'm feeding her but at 5 cheerios to a single calorie, it's not adding up to anything.

I also don't track my water, I am either way over or I didn't drink water that day at all. Generally I'm way over the 8 cups I should get..
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee, but I log the stuff I put into it. I also don't log my spices.

I saw a video a year or so ago (wish I could find it!) where a guy was showing how some people will measure things incorrectly- like a "heaping" tablespoon of peanut butter, instead of leveling it off- and how if you do most of your measurements like that, you can add up to 400 extra calories a day that you aren't counting. He listed some other things like sugar that people use heaping spoonfuls of. He said that's why it's better to use a food scale rather than measuring cups and spoons. I realized I was doing that exact thing- my tablespoon of peanut butter was closer to 1-1/2 tablespoons, so my 2 tbsp serving was actually 3 tbsp!!

editing to put in a link that I found to a site with similar info:

http://thehealthier.me/notes/stop-measuring-food-and-lose-more-weight
  • coderedjulia
    Options
    I don't log vitamins, nor the amount of sugar or cream I put in my coffee. Basically any condiments like tobasco sauce..etc.
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I don't log my 2 travel mugs of coffee per day both with 2 splenda. :drinker:
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    anything labelled as "0 calories." i don't log gum, the crystal light i put in my water, or alcohol.
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I don't log my gummy vitamins or zero calorie spray. When I'm really blowing a day, I don't like those either :laugh: