What I leave out of my diary

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the a same.... don't always measure green veggies either. More of a guesstimate I suppose. . Then again its more about getting a general idea than an exact figure to me. I'll she the exact science things your a tons when I need to fine things things.

did you have a stroke while typing that last sentence?!

Beverage out nose, seriously.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Occasionally my diet sodas. I know there's sodium in there but my sodium is usually pretty low so I figure the 40mgs here or there won't do much.
    I don't log some spices (cumin, crushed red pepper, etc.) but I try to remember to log all of the ones that have salt (or, on rare occasion, sugar) in them.
    Water. I always forget to log that. Ehhh.
    I usually log my coffee but then end up having another cup after so that 3-5 calories slips by sometimes (I drink it black.)
    My prenatal vitamin, when I remember to take it. Actually, any sort of medicine, though I rarely take any.

Other than that, I log everything. Even the one chip I swipe from my husband or a lone olive I munch while making tacos.
  • martina2611
    Options
    I don't log my work. I'm a manager for an Italian restaurant, And I'm on my feet for like 45 hours a week. I know I'm burning calories, but don't log them. Should I?

I refuse to log any calorie burning activity that is accidental, otherwise i know I'll get slack and say oh but you burned "x" calories so you don't have to do this exercise for as long, that's when i start to slide downhill.
  • misseenk
    misseenk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    dont kill me but i dont log garlic powder or oregano! when i cook, i don't eat it straight, thats just weird
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum, Cough medicine/lozengers if I'm ill, the 'no added sugar' juice I put in my water sometimes.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I don't log my work. I'm a manager for an Italian restaurant, And I'm on my feet for like 45 hours a week. I know I'm burning calories, but don't log them. Should I?
    '
    I don't log my work, either. I'm a retail manager and on my feet all week. I just figure that's counted into my everyday activities and that my body is used to it. I only log like "actual" exercise.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything, maybe I'm trying too hard?
    To the poster who works in the restaurant, your activity level should be set to "active" and the calories from work will automatically be in your daily total
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the a same.... don't always measure green veggies either. More of a guesstimate I suppose. . Then again its more about getting a general idea than an exact figure to me. I'll she the exact science things your a tons when I need to fine things things.

did you have a stroke while typing that last sentence?!

LMAO!!!!!

gum, condiments that are so close to 0 that they are negligible, tea, sriracha sauce.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I don't log my coffee or tea because I drink it unsweetened and black. I don't log my daily vitamins and... um... sometimes I forget to log olive oil in my wok-ed veggies.

If I don't log something precisely it's usually because I have no idea what the exact ingredients are, so I'll ballpark the calories. For instance, today for lunch I had - among other things - a clear fish soup at the cafeteria. Maybe 20 grams of fish in that bowl, the rest was just broth and a few bits of carrot, so it can't have been more than 40-60 kcal. I also had some jam on my bread, I'm not entirely sure on the exact weight of the jam, so I guess it to be somewhere about 40 kcal also.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Spices, except if I use actual cloves of garlic instead of garlic powder.
    Mustard - I don't track sodium which is the only reason I would track this. I don't eat tons of mustard a day, so it won't add up.

That's really the only thing....I do add mustard if I'm using it in a recipe.

One thing I do log right now is when I do pill pass at work. Normally I wouldn't log any type of work stuff, but since I spend 9 hours on my butt, and 3 hours pushing this pill cart, I think it counts as exercise. I only log 2 hours, and at a very slow pace, since it's stop and go. Once I am cleared from light duty and am on my feet all day, I won't count it.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I left out the thing that was frozen in tupperware at the back of the freezer - no label, may even have been a sample, tasted like one
  • LouiseH238
    LouiseH238 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea. Garlic. I think I log everything else.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Depends on your activity level, since your job is running around you should probably set it to active, that way those calories are accounted for...so your daily allowed should go up, YAY!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    1. all calorie free drinks
    2. spices
    3. small amounts of seasoning vegetables (1 serano pepper, garlic, etc)
    4. tasting bites (samples at a store, "this is delicious, taste a bite", etc.)
    5. entire meals that I didn't prepare and don't know the ingredients
    6. low calorie condiments (mustards, hot sauces, vinegars, etc)
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Here are the items I skip:

1. 0 calorie Sweeteners (most times)
    2. vitamins (even the gummies)
    3. lemon juice/lime juice/vinegar
    4. Spices
    5. Small Taste Nibbles off my Loves plate during dinner
    6. Tasting my food while cooking ( small tastes)
    7. All the water I drink- I forget or drink it too fast i dont remember how much

There might be more Im missing- But i try to log most items so that I know what im eating. if i feel I have to be accountable then I do better.
  • Belita38
    Belita38 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that is 0 calories... like regular mustard... because I'm lazy

Mustard is 0 calories??? What about Dijon mustard? I thought it had a looooooooot of calories!!!
    Did you know that mustard is a thermogenetic which enhances your metabolism?
    And I simply don´t use it because of the calories.... But if it is 0 calories, now I am :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:
  • Belita38
    Options
    I don´t log sweeteners
    Vinager and spices
    Now I am logging olive oil which I wasn´t
    And chewed ginger which I wasn´t either
    Sometimes when I have a cheat day which is totally out of control I don´t log… Shame on me!
    The best thing for me is to log everything as soon as I eat. I get more control of everything.
  • Belita38
    Options
    But i try to log most items so that I know what im eating. if i feel I have to be accountable then I do better.

The same thing happens to me! :smile:
  • vicrandom
    vicrandom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Someone on the first page said "log your spices!!11" like they were some kind of a) secret calorie bomb or b) relevant for other mysterious reasons. Anyone know why?

I sometimes don't log water that I add to recipes, and when I'm adding recipes for (e.g.) indian food I don't always log the spices (especially if adding from the app, as I find it much more annoying to add anything there). Otherwise I do try to be fairly diligent about adding spices, but it's more about knowing how much, say, "anti-inflammatory" spice I'm getting than because I'm worried about the 50 cals it might add to my life on an EXTREMELY spicy day.
    For a while I wasn't logging splenda because if I have a coffee, I know I put splenda in it. Then I actually read the ingredients and learned it has actual, dyed-in-the-wool sugar in it (dextrose... "for bulk!" yeah) and started to log it. Hopefully that will help me cut down, since I know the sucralose isn't great for me either.
    Always log stevia when I use it as stevia is not a "no-cal" sweetener.

Logging "bites" during cooking is harder, but I try to estimate and roll them into the meal. Logging my food daily results in a lot fewer bites, since I try not to eat stuff I know it would be annoying to log.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Dried spices.
    My coffee (I drink it black)
    I don't log every glass of water. I average between 11-15 glasses a day (is there such a thing as too much water?! no seriously is there)
    A small bite while cooking to taste test.
    I need to start taking vitamins again, unsure if I will remember to log them.