What I leave out of my diary

Options

Replies

• MissyMouse2323
    Options
    I don't log things that are zero calories... I figure why bother!! Other than that I don't log diet sodas or gum... If I'm snacking on a thing of tic-tacs I will record that (It might sound weird but it's low cal and cheaty, lol) ... If I eat something real late at night I try to log it the next day but sometimes I'm like ehh!!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the a same.... don't always measure green veggies either. More of a guesstimate I suppose. . Then again its more about getting a general idea than an exact figure to me. I'll she the exact science things your a tons when I need to fine things things.

did you have a stroke while typing that last sentence?!

...i'm DYING
  • Nessalee77
    Nessalee77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't log the locuts (small yellow fruit) that I swipe off the tree that's on my bike route home. Whenever they're in season I grab two or three as I go past and eat them as I ride the last 200m or so home.
  • krystal_black
    Options
    I used to skip logging vitamins or spices but i learned that those things actually add up like fish and flax seed do have a calorie content and while most 0 cal things like sodas or flavor enhancers for water or food have a ton of sodium. Also butters and oil can add up too and i noticed when i started logging everything that goes in my mouth i made better choices and lost more weight!
  • RxVirus
    RxVirus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I used to not include the amounts of sugar I would put in my tea and coffee...because it's about 10-15 packets. ( e A e;;) But now I'm logging it and have realized that my sugar intake has decreased.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the a same.... don't always measure green veggies either. More of a guesstimate I suppose. . Then again its more about getting a general idea than an exact figure to me. I'll she the exact science things your a tons when I need to fine things things.

ROFLMAO x 10
    Indeed lmso
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

...i'm DYING
    So, you're the one with the stroke then? Lol
  • alexisu96
    alexisu96 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds or sesame seeds on my salad. Too lazy and tiny amt of cals.

Are you only tossing 5 pieces or so. ???I looove seeds on my salad. I was thinking they were a low cal replacement for nuts. Noooooo i was disappointed to see how much fat and cals they have. One tsbp has about 50 cals for sesame. Pumpkin more. My prob was I can eat spoonfulls of these on salads. Had to cut back as it was like adding a high cal dressing.
  • Jaclyngfc
    Jaclyngfc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't log my hot tea because I don't put anything in it. Also don't log my multi-vitamin or tasting bites when I'm cooking (which is a rare thing) and when I occasionally finish my son's food. I try to give him small enough portions so that he'll finish it so I won't nibble on the leftovers, but alas, sometimes he leaves me presents. I'm trying to be diligent about logging everything else, though spices are something that I am liable to forget to log.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Medicine, water, a few grapes or a pickle occasionally and that I don't measure on workout days things that are 1/4cup or less- just eyeball it.
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I don't log my work. I'm a manager for an Italian restaurant, And I'm on my feet for like 45 hours a week. I know I'm burning calories, but don't log them. Should I?

Depends, how did you put in your activity level? I put in sedentary, because I sit for hours every day, and then I log when I suddenly spend some hours standing or walking. If you claimed you're sedentary too, then the internet tells me just standing rather than sitting at the desk burns 50 calories an hour. So assuming you're standing still, that should be 50x45=2250 calories a week you're not logging.
  • ThePersnicketyOtter
    Options
    Things I forget I ate, or things that I can't find an entry for (example: a mcchicken with mushrooms and onions from McDonald's... add mcchicken and mushrooms but they don't have a calorie count for grilled onions).
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    So I will admit. I don't log every bite.

Here are the items I skip:
    1. stevia/calorie-free sweeteners
    2. Tea (unless I add sugar)
    3. The splash of almond milk in my tea (it is only a couple of teaspoons, considering that 1/4 of a cup is 10 calories...I think it is OK)
    4. gum
    5. vitamins (even the gummies)
    6. cough syrup
    7. lemon juice/lime juice/vinegar
    8. most spices

Fess up, what is your diary missing?

Me too for these. I log everything else as best i can.
  • BigJza
    BigJza Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    everything except zero calorie drinks that have absolutely no value...such as diet pepsi etc

everything else goes in..no holds barred
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Only water & air has 0 calories..... if I didn't log everything then I'd be only cheating myself. I didn't get this far this quick by being lazy about my food or logging.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    ... anything that would kick me over my limit haahaa. I'm sooo bad. I don't fall off the wagon much, but when I do, I write off the day.

Also booze on weekends.
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options

I literally cried from laughter.

Laughed lots! My guess, iPod's auto correct, its a bugger.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    sugar-free gum
    spices (but i only use salt, garlic powder, black pepper and paprika)
    water (although i keep track of my water intake because i drink three to five 0.75L bottles a day)
    green tea

but everything else, i log. and i used to be a spoon-licker while cooking...NOPE! not anymore! i realized that i was adding at least 200 calories doing that!

i also weigh everything. i do not trust measuring cups or measuring spoons. 1 tbsp of peanut butter is not the same as 15g of peanut butter. 1 tbsp weighs much more!!

i religiously implemented all the above two weeks ago along with practicing intermittent fasting and dropped 5lbs. before that, i couldn't drop an ounce if my life depended on it!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Pickles and usually mustard. I don't need to add a row of zeros to my diary, it's a waste of time.

I also don't log black coffee or tea without sugar, and stevia. For the same reason.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I put everything in my food diary, except if I take asprin. I think that is only thing I do not post on my diary. (and I hardly have to take asprin anyways)