Just for Today

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: I will try something new and crazy after yesterday.. like NOT eating my feelings! Gonna go sweat them out instead. :)

This is a struggle for me, as well. Another struggle? My children. I ate so carefully yesterday, in spite of my munchies, and then my 10 year old came home from school and made cookies. He doesn't understand that I'm not able to stop at one.:sad:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: Portion Contol, Baby!
  • Bennett056
    Bennett056 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 30 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.

Is this a copy-post that comes back like every other day or something? Because I swear this thread was up a couple of weeks ago, with this SAME message. o_O
  • Bennett056
    Bennett056 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't read messages very often and I really appreciated this today. I don't care ir it is a repost.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will track ERVERYTHING!
  • javajudi77
    Options
    Just for tomorrow I will keep track of everything and take responsibility for my choices.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: Make it through
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will remember how far I have come and not focus on how far I have to go.
    So true!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I don't read messages very often and I really appreciated this today. I don't care ir it is a repost.
    :heart: I love reading it every time as well.. it's such a powerful story. Whenever I think of a cookie I think, nooooo it will be a pkg., or a day or that would lead into a week.. and then who knows.

That's why I love that each new thread begins with a "cookie'!:laugh: :heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: Love myself unconditionally.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I wil:sick: l take care of my sick body. I hate colds!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will nourish my body!
  • MarthasVineyard
    MarthasVineyard Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will focus on how much stronger I am, the more energetic I feel and that I am so much better off than I was 10 months ago. Finally, I will focus on the pride I feel for maintaining a healthier lifestyle for the past 10 months.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: I will allow myself to relax after my workout.
  • javajudi77
    Options
    Just for Today I will take time for myself and relax while watching my backyard birds eating.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for Today I will take time for myself and relax while watching my backyard birds eating.
    Sounds lovely!!

Just For Today: I will get to bed on time and have another fabulous day tomorrow!:heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: I will stay strong and continue to make healthy choices!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not overdo it.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: I will continue to take notice of how much my healthy choices are affecting my body and my mind.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will do something for me.