Just for Today

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will focus on the journey, not the end game.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will have no fear!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just For Today :I will enjoy the beautiful weather.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will let the negativity some carry around with them roll right off my back. Don't allow it to effect my day
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This is a beautiful thread. Thank you for the inspiration!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will appreciate my day of rest.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have to tell myself that A LOT! Perfect!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: I will enjoy the evening and get things ready for my water class tomorrow.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will dream BIG!:bigsmile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today:

Note to Self
    Hearts!!! vahidrk1.gifRELAX, calm down, you're doing fine, you don't have to be perfect!!! The pain will be gone soon and you won't ever remember you ever had it.. be patient and keep doing what you're doing...you're doing a GREAT job, keep telling yourself that every single day, every single moment..whatever it takes to get to the gym, to drink more water, to get enough sleep... JUST DO IT! You never ever regret it do you? NO, you're always glad you went and feel great after and feel proud that you pushed through

You know you're always glad when you follow through, you are beautiful, you are a wonderful person, ppl care about you, allow them in and allow them to love you!
    You're WORTH IT!bighug.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    **Hope no one minds me talking to myself, just needed to give myself a pep talk!

Wow, that felt so therapeutic, I might just keep this up as my way of doing "Just For Today".
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: (note to self!) Get thee to the GYM, you'll love it there!!! Strength training!:love:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just For Today:

Note to Self
    Hearts!!! vahidrk1.gifRELAX, calm down, you're doing fine, you don't have to be perfect!!! The pain will be gone soon and you won't ever remember you ever had it.. be patient and keep doing what you're doing...you're doing a GREAT job, keep telling yourself that every single day, every single moment..whatever it takes to get to the gym, to drink more water, to get enough sleep... JUST DO IT! You never ever regret it do you? NO, you're always glad you went and feel great after and feel proud that you pushed through

You know you're always glad when you follow through, you are beautiful, you are a wonderful person, ppl care about you, allow them in and allow them to love you!
    You're WORTH IT!bighug.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    **Hope no one minds me talking to myself, just needed to give myself a pep talk!

Wow, that felt so therapeutic, I might just keep this up as my way of doing "Just For Today".

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not be deterred by my shower (I won't let the fact that I have already showered this morning keep me from working out all day).
  • jck511
    jck511 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 30 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.

I love this quote. I'm really new at MFP, and have never really checked out the community. This is great! Even if its been around awhile I'm going to do this. I have joined a bootcamp for my first 5K and being 150lbs over weight is a great challange, but for today I'm going to believe I can do it! I'm in my 4th week and up to 2.55 miles walking and some jogging.

Just for Today: I'm going to cross train and make it feel good!
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Jsut for today, I will act the way I want to feel.
  • mandykayte
    mandykayte Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will not eat when I am not hungry.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    someone i knew that was in recovery from drinking used to say the same thing to clients when they asked him "how did you stay sober for so long?"

"just one drink away"

i was sold on that thought ever since, thanks for relating it to food for me!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 30 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.

I love this quote. I'm really new at MFP, and have never really checked out the community. This is great! Even if its been around awhile I'm going to do this. I have joined a bootcamp for my first 5K and being 150lbs over weight is a great challenge, but for today I'm going to believe I can do it! I'm in my 4th week and up to 2.55 miles walking and some jogging.

Just for Today: I'm going to cross train and make it feel good!
    What a great thread to find when you first hit the boards, great to have you join us on the thread and in the MFP Community!:flowerforyou:
    Welcome!!:drinker:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Jsut for today, I will act the way I want to feel.

This is awesome! I think that I would like to use it, as well. Just for Today: I will act the way I want to feel.

PS Welcome new faces. We love to have people join in. If you've read through the posts, you will see that we quote each other, a lot. We welcome any comments and goal that you want to share, you may be motivating more than just yourself!!!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: Just hang on