Just for Today

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will love my body, bumps and all.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will look at how far I've come and be grateful for all I've learned along the way and the wonderful friends I've made that have helped with it.:heart:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will be mindful of what I am doing. No auto-pilot for me today!
  • EOHerrera
    EOHerrera Posts: 45
    Options
    Love reading all of these! It was ABSOLUTELY what I needed to read! Thank you for starting the post - and thank you to everyone who posted! I love it & it gave me what I needed to keep going with this journey - and just in time!
  • patiobee
    patiobee Posts: 7
    Options
    Wish I had seen this before I gave in to the donuts in the kitchen at work...so, for the rest of today I will make good choices.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Can I join......can I join.......?:happy:

Just for today: I will appreciate my body for what it has given me (3 perfect children), and not despise it for what it's become!!!
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    Just For Today: Love myself unconditionally.

:happy: LOVE this one :happy:
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    thanks for this!!!! Yesterday I had a little Easter party for my daycare kids, one of the moms brought carrot cupcakes for the kids and was so sweet and went out and bought me a gluten free one. I felt horrible she paid so much extra and made the effort to go and get it for me that I ate it. I have felt is since, I just know that those things are not part of my diet ever - they make me feel like crap.
  • desiretheheart
    Options
    I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 30 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.
  • cortana01
    cortana01 Posts: 55
    Options
    Just for today I will go for a walk even though my knees are really hurting and I just wanna sit on the sofa.
  • CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    For today I promise I will not cheat on my diet because i know someone out there does not have food to cheat with.
  • ItsFinallyHappening
    ItsFinallyHappening Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just for today - I will remind myself that even if I already made a bad food choice or two, doesn't mean the ENTIRE DAY IS BLOWN. I need to get out of my all or nothing - and - I'll start tomorrow mind set
  • ItsFinallyHappening
    Options
    :blushing:
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    I will remember that this is where tomorrow begins.
  • ItsFinallyHappening
    Options
    [Thank you so much for posting this. TODAY, I will not fall prey to the M&M's that are lurking on my desk, that for some reason I can't seem to throw away.

I know this feeling - I don't stop walking over to my co-workers candy bowl.... even though I know its stooooooooopid. arrrggghhh!!
  • ItsFinallyHappening
    Options
    Just For Today: I will allow myself to relax after my workout.

AMEN!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Just for today: I will appreciate my body for what it has given me (3 perfect children), and not despise it for what it's become!!!
    Why of course you can!! We've been waiting for you!!:wink::flowerforyou:
    Just for today I will go for a walk even though my knees are really hurting and I just wanna sit on the sofa.
    Oh I so hear ya on the knee pain! :grumble: I'm proud of you for pushing forward to get that walk in:drinker:
    Just for today:
    I will remember that this is where tomorrow begins.
    :drinker:
    Just for today - I will remind myself that even if I already made a bad food choice or two, doesn't mean the ENTIRE DAY IS BLOWN. I need to get out of my all or nothing - and - I'll start tomorrow mind set
    This is so important for me to remember as well, this is a good one!!

Just For Today: I will focus on my progress as that's what matters most!
  • cortana01
    cortana01 Posts: 55
    Options
    Oh I so hear ya on the knee pain! :grumble: I'm proud of you for pushing forward to get that walk in:drinker:

Thank you :flowerforyou:
    I only managed 20minutes but every lttle helps.

Just for today: I will avoid the Easter chocolate.
    I make no promises for tomorrow :noway: but today I will stay on track...
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today : I will enjoy the journey.
  • CricketKate
    Options

awesome