Do you lift heavy? Are you bulky?

Options

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    You all look so masculine - yuk. :)

Got to bookmark this for the next time some numpty says they are only lifting Barbie weights as heavy weights make you manly.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    bahahaaha!! love it! And you have great shape, I'd kill to look like this... clothed or naked!!!

There's no need to kill for it. Just work for it! :wink:
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy...before i started....
    33110506_7732.jpg
    33110506_3110.jpg

during and currently....i am now 5'11" and these pics after between 175 and 185 pounds
    33110506_4848.jpg
    33110506_8190.jpg
    33110506_2955.jpg
    33110506_33.jpg

OMG!!!! I think I love you! Absolutely amazing results!
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Argh, got distracted yesterday and didn't make it back here! Thanks everyone for your kind words. *blush*

This thread (and all others like it) IS awesome - wayyy too awesome - because it really demonstrates to those quietly lurking how important it is TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT in the forums. Sometimes these people get labeled forum bullies because they have little patience for nonsense. But these ladies can back up their advice with RESULTS!!

We all started somewhere and most of us have been, at some point in our lives, scared to lift weights because of the perpetuating bullchit that circulates. The women in this thread were brave enough to say HMMM, IMMA TRY THIS! As opposed to trying raspberry keytones and no/low-carb diets, we tried some iron "supplements" and protein....and you can see where that got us. And we're only gonna get better. SO COME JOIN US!!! STOP LURKING!!! Any one of the ladies pictured in this thread is more than willing to help you get started!!!

And to all who have posted - seriously, I would go through and comment all of your pics - (and annoy the crap outta ya with my quotes) but you girls look phenomenal!!! :love: I am so motivated to kick some butt today at the gym and keep going hard. :flowerforyou: Much love to the lady lifters! :heart:
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Recently started lifting (squats, bench press, starting on deadlifts/OHPs) and this link is very motivating! Thanks everyone for sharing, I will come back to add some photos if this thread is still going in a couple of months! :D
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Argh, got distracted yesterday and didn't make it back here! Thanks everyone for your kind words. *blush*

This thread (and all others like it) IS awesome - wayyy too awesome - because it really demonstrates to those quietly lurking how important it is TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT in the forums. Sometimes these people get labeled forum bullies because they have little patience for nonsense. But these ladies can back up their advice with RESULTS!!

We all started somewhere and most of us have been, at some point in our lives, scared to lift weights because of the perpetuating bullchit that circulates. The women in this thread were brave enough to say HMMM, IMMA TRY THIS! As opposed to trying raspberry keytones and no/low-carb diets, we tried some iron "supplements" and protein....and you can see where that got us. And we're only gonna get better. SO COME JOIN US!!! STOP LURKING!!! Any one of the ladies pictured in this thread is more than willing to help you get started!!!

And to all who have posted - seriously, I would go through and comment all of your pics - (and annoy the crap outta ya with my quotes) but you girls look phenomenal!!! :love: I am so motivated to kick some butt today at the gym and keep going hard. :flowerforyou: Much love to the lady lifters! :heart:

THIS ^^ All of this. I have been listening for a long time, but I finally got off my butt. I don't know why I waited so long. But, I'm on my way now, and let me tell you, even having just started, I feel amazing! Nobody can see it yet, but I know it's there. :)

And anyone lurking who thinks you are too old, or that you can never look like some of these women because they are like 25, that is complete and utter nonsense. I'm turning 50 in a few weeks and I have people on my FL who are the same age or older, and lifting heavy, and they look amazing.

Thank you and all the lady lifters on this forum for being such a great inspiration.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    What Dizzle said... I didn't join here with any exercise goal beyond "be able to run a 5k." I didn't even think I'd lose weight. I thought, "This is my body at 38 (at the time), and it's not so bad." Weight lifting was never on my radar. I wasn't afraid of bulking, because I knew that it takes a LOT more than anything I'm willing to do to end up like, for instance, Chyna Doll. But I didn't think weight lifting would make that much of a difference for me. I wasn't afraid I'd look manly, but as someone without much boobage, I was afraid I'd look boyish.

Well, the weight loss happened. (Hey, look... normal clothes for a change!)

IMG_4954-copy.jpg

And I don't think I'm in danger of being mistaken for a boy. Even without boobies. (Same weight in both photos!)

135-front.jpg

135-side.jpg

135-back.jpg

135-back-flex.jpg
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You ladies are all so wonderful! I just started lifting, not so heavy yet, and this thread is very motivational. I can't wait to post my own "bulky" pictures. Thanks!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    32B51F96-3D21-4A05-8503-9DCFE258AC80-12122-00000BA2661584A1_zps0b45be80.jpg

55184B7A-C4AB-4F51-BA3E-CB0AACD4D380-835-000000C1318F83C7_zpsc4bec7cb.jpg

1B5A5B5A-516D-44D0-97BE-55B352D44367-3596-00000332BFE66FB6_zps3ffe546c.jpg

Yeah. Made me look like a man

ETA- I don't know what the deal is with pic 1. It's supposed to show the squat butt but size is off
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    @mutant13- You are HYOOOOOGE! Great pics girl!

PS- I pretty much stopped using photobucket, it NEVER does what I want it to do. I've been using tinypic, which is really quick and easy, until I find a better hosting site.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    @mutant13- You are HYOOOOOGE! Great pics girl!

PS- I pretty much stopped using photobucket, it NEVER does what I want it to do. I've been using tinypic, which is really quick and easy, until I find a better hosting site.

I'm going to fix my bulkiness by eating 600 calories a day and humping the elliptical, then I will be hot right???

Photo bucket is really starting to annoy me -_- I might start using tiny pic too
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

THIS ^^ All of this. I have been listening for a long time, but I finally got off my butt. I don't know why I waited so long. But, I'm on my way now, and let me tell you, even having just started, I feel amazing! Nobody can see it yet, but I know it's there. :)

And anyone lurking who thinks you are too old, or that you can never look like some of these women because they are like 25, that is complete and utter nonsense. I'm turning 50 in a few weeks and I have people on my FL who are the same age or older, and lifting heavy, and they look amazing.

Thank you and all the lady lifters on this forum for being such a great inspiration.

It is never to late to start. I am 45 and only started lifting in the strength rep range about 10 months ago. No matter what rep range however, strength training of some kind is very important, especially to women, and especially as you get older due to risks of osteoporosis - plus, it makes you feel like a bad@ss.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Nothing to add, just bumping for inspiration. So proud of all of you and can't wait to get started. This morning I got an email that my copy of NROLFW has shipped. Squeeeeeeeee!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    bump -

All you ladies look amazing!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    These pictures are from a few weeks ago. I'm currently nursing a pulled rib muscle so on a lifting break but as of a few weeks ago I was doing:

squats - 4x5 @ 120
    deadlifts - 4x5 @ 125
    OHP - 4x5 @ 60
    chest press - 4x5 @ 75

So not really all that "heavy" but was steadily increasing. No leg pics yet.

8960ad65-e4bd-4149-b853-b2a770ee30eb_zps8d4053c9.jpg

43157db3-8df7-4dc6-a4e2-aed0d044956b_zps595b4ca5.jpg
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

^^QFT!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    @Casey- Your abs and arms are INCREDIBLE! :love:
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Casey- Your abs and arms are INCREDIBLE! :love:

thank you!
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Oh. My God.

Inspired by this thread, I kicked butt this morning on my Bowflex. Then out of curiosity I looked at my back in the mirror. I have definition!

I'm SO excited!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options

It is never to late to start. I am 45 and only started lifting in the strength rep range about 10 months ago. No matter what rep range however, strength training of some kind is very important, especially to women, and especially as you get older due to risks of osteoporosis - plus, it makes you feel like a bad@ss.

Sarah kind of beat me to it, but I have to concur. I was actually going to quote the first comment and say Sara is in her 40s and has a fantastic body.

And, (again, beat to it but...worth repeating)

Lifting will make you feel like you are on top of the world. At no time ever in my entire life have I felt more powerful, strong, sexy, exhilarated, confident, add whatever descriptor for awesomeness you want right here.