Bench: 65
    Plus, I do many other lifts.

resizer_zps9c5946af.jpg

reresize_zpsecf8b642.jpg

IMG_0600-1.png
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Six world class athletes who lift heavy. The difference is genetics.
    athletes-sm_zpsf0adcc36.jpg
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Whoa! I missed Bean's edit! That some incredible lean mass, too!

And, about thekyleo....I'm curious what his first negativity was that he edited.

Thanks. Up until recently (like, a couple days ago) I was really embarrassed about it and NEVER posted my actual weight, but after I did, I had an influx of comments from ladies on my FL that made me feel more confident, and said that seeing the numbers helped them with their own insecurities and mental picture of what weight really looks like. So, I guess I'm embracing it now. I now choose to think of myself as a brick-house. LOL.

Bean, you are clearly very, very, dense. To look look that small at that weight is a real accomplishment. :flowerforyou:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I get what you're sayiing, but they also have different diets and training protocol for the different sports....
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options

And not a single one of them is what I would consider "bulky". In my experience....people who look "bulky" intend to look that way. They work very hard to look that way and lift and eat specifically to look that way.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    What Sarah and Bean said. Looking "bulky" takes a lot of work. And steroids, if you don't have natural testosterone in abundance.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

I get what you're sayiing, but they also have different diets and training protocol for the different sports....

I don't get what you're saying. What particular difference? Are you seeing some of them as bulky and some not (as I assume you are responding to the title of the thread)?
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sooooooooo in love with this thread!!!

ETA: Can I just keep bumping this over and over? :bigsmile:

.....like for the rest of MFP's existence?
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I lift Heavy... not bulky. :happy:
  • Hadabetter
    Options

I don't get what you're saying. What particular difference? Are you seeing some of them as bulky and some not (as I assume you are responding to the title of the thread)?
    Some are thinner, some have more development in the thighs, etc. My point was that you can work out like a world class athlete, and what you get is largely dependent on your DNA. In other words, lifting heavy won't make you bulky unless you are one of the few who has DNA that predisposes you to be that way.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Some are thinner, some have more development in the thighs, etc. My point was that you can work out like a world class athlete, and what you get is largely dependent on your DNA. In other words, lifting heavy won't make you bulky unless you are one of the few who has DNA that predisposes you to be that way.

Some have more development in the thighs because of the demands of their different sports.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Back for more....This thread is so informative to...No one knows it all but can gather what may work for them....:happy:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Let's drop the athletes pic discussion- I don't think it's really relevant to compare the bodies of olympic athletes in various sports to regular women who lift heavy. So......can someone please post the next set of MFP member pics!?!

Let's keep this party going!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Totally bulky here too and OVERWEIGHT!

Height: 5'3.5"
    Weight: 150lbs
    Squat: 75
    Lunges: 30
    OHP: 30
    Curls: 20 each arm
    Seated Row: 80
    Bench: 65
    Plus, I do many other lifts.

resizer_zps9c5946af.jpg

reresize_zpsecf8b642.jpg

IMG_0600-1.png

You butt looks AMAZING....Squats have done great for you!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Let's drop the athletes pic discussion- I don't think it's really relevant to compare the bodies of olympic athletes in various sports to regular women who lift heavy. So......can someone please post the next set of MFP member pics!?!

Let's keep this party going!

I am still trying to find some recent ones of me with my clothes on :wink:
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Is 275lbs to squat even realistic for me??
    uhm......prob NOT!
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    <--- I.LIFT.HEAVY....I'M.NOT.BULKY.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of pictures, but Bean and Lora just made me feel a LOT better about my weight, because I'm 5'6" and 165ish (168 according to my last weigh in) and I feel like a freak most of the time because I wear a size 8. (I even have a few things in a size 6)

I can't post pictures because I'm at work but <3<3<3 ladies.
  • Hadabetter
    Options

Some have more development in the thighs because of the demands of their different sports.
    Actually, it's exactly the opposite. At this level the athletes are in their different sports "because" their muscular development allows them to excel in those sports, not the other way around. Amy Acuff (the tall blond) could jump on the trampoline for the rest of her life and never develop the thighs of Jennifer Parilla (to her left).