What is a MILF? Should I be offended or what?

Options

Replies

• WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of glad to hear I was not the only one who didnt know what this meant. My adult son was NOT very pleased explaining it to me or that it was said.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Oh COME ON! Be nice, this lady is NOT fishing for compliments! If anything she's turned to an anonymous site to avoid embarrassment
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I would not be offended but I would not call it a compliment either since it is a term I don't like and find it sort of disrespectful
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of glad to hear I was not the only one who didnt know what this meant. My adult son was NOT very pleased explaining it to me or that it was said.

So you know exactly where I'm coming from. I asked my son who is 16 what it meant and he got pissed and walked away saying never mind mom!!!! :mad:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mgje0ozYFU1rup6mao1_400.jpg

OP obviously knew what the term meant (indicated by her use of all caps in MILF).
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    LOL - It is a compliment, but conveyed rudely!
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    urbandictionary.com is handy for those of us not totally au courant with what the kids are sayin' these days. Just type the acronym into the search box and presto!

The only danger is after-the-fact offense.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I would not be offended but I would not call it a compliment either since it is a term I don't like and find it sort of disrespectful

See thats how I felt. But thought maybe I'm just over reacting.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options

So you know exactly where I'm coming from. I asked my son who is 16 what it meant and he got pissed and walked away saying never mind mom!!!! :mad:
    Yep I know right where you are coming from and my two boys were rather disgusted by it. I found it kind of a rude backasswards compliment.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    For future slang clarification, try using urbandictionary.com

But enter at your own risk. :flowerforyou:

FYI, if you enter your own name on there, you get pretty amusing "definitions."
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Oh COME ON! Be nice, this lady is NOT fishing for compliments! If anything she's turned to an anonymous site to avoid embarrassment

Except there's a thing called Google and you can ask it ANYTHING anonymously to avoid embarrassment. Also, it's probably faster.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You've never heard of the term MILF? Hmmmm
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    They're calling you a hot momma! Take it with pride, although your son's friend saying it is a bit....creepy. Especially if he's a tween.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It's a compliment. It's not actually supposed to be said around you :tongue: ....but it's a compliment.
  • Lucia120382
    Options
    The other day on campus a guy called me a MILF. Then my son's friend called me a MILF and my son punched him pretty hard knocking the wind out of him. Should I be offended or is this a complement?

What comments do people make now that you've lost weight that you're not sure how to take it?

I think every mum would be proud to be MILF. Its so classic, like American Pie. You look GOOD. :wink:
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the term MILF, but I really hate cougar. I always think people find derogatory terms for women who enjoy having sex. Which sucks - sex is fun, we should enjoy it.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    A guy at work calld me a skinny mini...I just laughed because I still weigh 190 lbs!!! I'm working on it, but I'm far from skinny.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Complete complement in my book.

My wife has lost a lot of weight, and she keeps calling herself a 'Hot Milf' lmao!
  • SylentZee
    Options
    tumblr_mgje0ozYFU1rup6mao1_400.jpg

I see what you did thereeeeeeeee.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    It's a compliment. They'd just like to. They aren't saying they are going to. Just means you're hot.
This discussion has been closed.