What is a MILF? Should I be offended or what?

Options

Replies

• fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Oh COME ON! Be nice, this lady is NOT fishing for compliments! If anything she's turned to an anonymous site to avoid embarrassment

Except there's a thing called Google and you can ask it ANYTHING anonymously to avoid embarrassment. Also, it's probably faster.

I could find anything I want but sometimes it's nice to get some perspective on things. For example, I asked for a recipe yesterday on a forum. A lady sent me one I already had. But along with it she gave advise on a design to use to decorate. I told her I didn't know how, even though I could have watched a you tube video. She explained, and now I have a new like minded online friend.

So it can't hurt to ask, and why be paranoid worrying you've been insulted with something like milf, a description that everyone reads differently, when you can ask in this way? It's also nice to have interaction sometimes. I just don't think this topic warrants any accusations, she only asked a simple question
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Meant as a compliment but the term makes me cringe.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I haven't read anyone else's responses, so I don't know if anyone else has already said this, but my first impression is:

Methinks OP already knows how to Google such things and is posting this to elicit NSV congratulations. (Otherwise known as "fishing for compliments".)

More power to her. Would that I would someday be described thusly.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The Op didn't say that she didn't know what it means She just that she wasn't sure if it is a compliment or not. Which is understandable. Depending on the context it could be a compliment or the opposite. It's one of those terms that is difficult to decipher (that should be obvious to anyone). But, I do think that in general it is meant as a compliment (in a non-serious kind of way). But, I have daughters and if they had male friends saying that about me (when they are older) I would not like that. I probably wouldn't be offended, but I would be uncomfortable. I would ask them not to say that about me.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    They are saying you are old but hot - so I guess it is all in how you look at it. It would be all bad if they were calling you a cougar!
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Honestly..even though I'm only 22 and I have a daughter now..I've been called that and I absolutely hate it. It's just disrespectful.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    MILF is a generic compliment younger guys used to describe a woman who is at least 10+ years older than themselves (usually mid 30s or older) but still manages to look good enough to be able to compete with girls closer to their own age in the looks department.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    They are saying you are old but hot - so I guess it is all in how you look at it. It would be all bad if they were calling you a cougar!

It doesn't mean old, it just means mother. People say that about 20 something mothers also. But, maybe it was originally intended for older mothers, but has made it's way into other contexts.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    You didn't realize that was a compliment or are you fishing for compliments? :huh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj594/asurlygirl/Random stuff/Fursday/Fursday9_zps7bdf0d47.jpg[/img]
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Oh COME ON! Be nice, this lady is NOT fishing for compliments! If anything she's turned to an anonymous site to avoid embarrassment

You know what's even more anonymous than this forum?

Google.

ETA: Meh, already covered.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    I think fishing for compliments would have been a post that said "AM I A MILF"
    Clearly she's older and DIDN"T know the meaning.
    quit being rude, damn.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Now what if he called you a GMILF?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

^^More or less offensive than being called a MILF? We needz a poll!
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options

Did i say she was OLD? no, i said she was older.
    Maybe next time quote my whole post and realize I was STICKING UP FOR HER!

I get called a milf all the damn time.
    It's a compliment. Clearly someone finds ya attractive if that's what they are calling you.
    But to say she's fishing for compliments over asking what it is, is plain rude.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    quit being rude, damn.

I think you are right on target. I'm turning 43 and had no clue what it was. People I hang with dont say it. I could throw out some slang from 20 years ago and wouldnt expect some one much younger than me to get it. It makes me sad people are mean about her asking it.
  • firstsip
    Options

It's a compliment. Clearly someone finds ya attractive if that's what they are calling you.

I think it's rather rude you stick out your tongue in so many of your pictures! For shame!
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options

I think it's rather rude you stick your tongue in so many of your pictures! For shame!

Lol not sure if you're serious or?
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    quit being rude, damn.

I think you are right on target. I'm turning 43 and had no clue what it was People I hang with dont say it. It makes me sad people are mean about it.

Exactly. I didn't know what it was when I was a freshman in high school. So its not really age, its where you live, the people you're around, and what you're exposed to in your life.
  • firstsip
    Options

I think it's rather rude you stick your tongue in so many of your pictures! For shame!

Lol not sure if you're serious or?

Don't you "lol" at me young lady!
This discussion has been closed.