What is a MILF? Should I be offended or what?

Options

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj594/asurlygirl/Random stuff/Fursday/Fursday9_zps7bdf0d47.jpg[/img]

:happy:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    its a compliment Mrs. Robinson.

Now thats something I understand :wink: :laugh:

Um, yeah...:smile:

And how was the character of Mrs. Robinson portrayed?

****SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE GRADUATE.****

She was an unhappy, sexually dissatisfied predator who went after a young man who really wasn't interested and tried to destroy him (she told her daughter that Benjamin had raped her) when the young man fell in love with her more age-appropriate daughter. Then she was shipped off at the end of the movie to some kind of hospital to "recover."

It's a very misogynistic portrait.

The terms "MILF" and "Cougar" are about the Culture's (men's) discomfort with attractive, sexually active, mature women. It's also another demanding standard for women to try to live up to.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You should be offended. You're not a cow to be publicly appraised, and especially not by a contemporary of your son.

Regardless of what some men might say, they wouldn't like it if women went around sizing up men and telling them "I'd like a piece of that." They'd have the massive insecurities as women caused by constant objectification.

Guys? Really? You wouldn't like it?

Umm hell ya we would. It would make figuring out whether or not they're into you really easy! Nothing wrong with that
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

And how was the character of Mrs. Robinson portrayed? She was an unhappy, sexually dissatisfied predator who went after a young man who really wasn't interested and tried to destroy him (she told her daughter that Benjamin had raped her) when the young man fell in love with her more age-appropriate daughter. Then she was shipped off at the end of the movie to some kind of hospital to "recover."

The terms "MILF" and "Cougar" are about the Culture's (men's) discomfort with attractive, sexually active, mature women. It's also another demanding standard for women to try to live up to.

Uh, how about some "Spoiler Alerts" here?
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    ^what she said
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    would you be upset if a 90 year old man said hey young lady you're beautiful?
    Sorry the times have changed and teens, or younger adults use slang.
    All the kid was saying is that she is beautiful.
    In his own terms.

Mothers strive harder to look as good as they can, overcoming weight gain, stretch marks, etc.
    Yes, MILF is a compliment. Get over it. (:

Quit being rude to the OP. She is a really nice woman, and if you could guess her age, you wouldn't be so rude and misunderstand her question.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm a gilf.

You're seriously a grandma?? I'm calling BS you look like your 20...although that would be one hell of a head start :laugh:

Well, I am in spirit.

In my going-to-bed-early, telling-kids-to-get-off-my-lawn, falling-on-my-hip-in-the-shower spirit, I am.
  • mfpcopine
    Options

And how was the character of Mrs. Robinson portrayed? She was an unhappy, sexually dissatisfied predator who went after a young man who really wasn't interested and tried to destroy him (she told her daughter that Benjamin had raped her) when the young man fell in love with her more age-appropriate daughter. Then she was shipped off at the end of the movie to some kind of hospital to "recover."

Sorry, if you're serious. It's such an iconic movie that I assumed everyone knew the plot. In fact, you wouldn't get the joke about Mrs. Robinson if you haven't seen it. But I will add some spoiler alerts because I hate to have movies ruined.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Agreed, I screened this comment after reading their previous comment, so luckily if I ever see it, it's not ruined ;)
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options

the only discomfort I feel from sexually attractive and mature women is in my pants.

What kind of man doesn't like sexually active and attractive women? I really am having a hard time understanding your negative spin on "milf" and "cougar". I've never once heard any young man, middle aged man or ANY man talk disparagingly about a woman and use these terms. Other terms however... sure.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    You should be offended. You're not a cow to be publicly appraised, and especially not by a contemporary of your son.

Regardless of what some men might say, they wouldn't like it if women went around sizing up men and telling them "I'd like a piece of that." They'd have the massive insecurities as women caused by constant objectification.

Guys? Really? You wouldn't like it?

Umm hell ya we would. It would make figuring out whether or not they're into you really easy! Nothing wrong with that

That's the male fantasy. The reality is a lot of women aren't going to be interested in "that pig over there," or the "scrawny guy," etc.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    In his own terms.

Mothers strive harder to look as good as they can, overcoming weight gain, stretch marks, etc.

Quit being rude to the OP. She is a really nice woman, and if you could guess her age, you wouldn't be so rude and misunderstand her question.

I have 90 year old guys say that to me all the time.
    I'm a nurse and it's kind of cute to me.
    Although I'm not quite sure what that says about me if I'm hearing it from old men all the time- lol!!:bigsmile:
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    In his own terms.

Although I'm not quite sure what that says about me if I'm hearing it from old men all the time- lol!!:bigsmile:

It says you're beautiful and they see it and like to tell you.
    (:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    In his own terms.

It says you're beautiful and they see it and like to tell you.
    (:
    :flowerforyou:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

And how was the character of Mrs. Robinson portrayed?

****SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE GRADUATE.****

She was an unhappy, sexually dissatisfied predator who went after a young man who really wasn't interested and tried to destroy him (she told her daughter that Benjamin had raped her) when the young man fell in love with her more age-appropriate daughter. Then she was shipped off at the end of the movie to some kind of hospital to "recover."

Ummmm, lighten up and smile a bit. unbelievable.
  • mfpcopine
    Options

the only discomfort I feel from sexually attractive and mature women is in my pants.

What kind of man doesn't like sexually active and attractive women? I really am having a hard time understanding your negative spin on "milf" and "cougar". I've never once heard any young man, middle aged man or ANY man talk disparagingly about a woman and use these terms. Other terms however... sure.

The need to label women based on the sexuality demonstrates discomfort. Men aren't categorized that way. They're treated as fully developed people.

MILF and Cougar are not the compliments they seem to be. They are forms of objectification, judging someone on how she looks -- from the man's point of view. Men are judged on looks, personality, and other traits.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Love fishing!

that's what i was thinkin
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    MILF Means Mom I'd Like to F__K. I this it is a little disrespectful however coming from youngsters that don't know any better I would say it is a compliment. I am trying to be a DILF, so at least I know I still have my mojo.

If that's you in the profile pic, mission accomplished.

yup that's me. Trying to keep up on these new slang terms kids use these days. Maybe if I told my husband what a MILF is now that I know, he could say it to me in a way that I would appreciate it :wink: He's much older than me so he's even worse with getting these things than I am. lol I"m still trying to figure out all the texting slang.

Ummm, I meant chrisanderson19, who posted the comment about being a DILF. but really, my guy is 47 and totally knows what a MILF is. It's me. :bigsmile:
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Stifler's mom is the only true MILF
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

The need to label women based on the sexuality demonstrates discomfort. Men aren't categorized that way. They're treated as fully developed people.

MILF and Cougar are not the compliments they seem to be. They are forms of objectification, judging someone on how she looks -- from the man's point of view. Men are judged on looks, personality, and other traits.

Yes, many of us men love to look at beautiful women. Meh . . . nothing new there.
This discussion has been closed.