C25K everyone welcome, just starting or in the middle

Options
I had done the c25k this last summer and lost 19 lbs, but sadly have gained them back over the winter because I kept making excuses not to work out. So today I started it over again and it feels great. Even though it was snowing and raining and the road was a big slushy mess I feel so good now! I love the high running gives you.

Anyone who is interested in doing the couch to 5k please join in, it would be awesome to have some motivation and accountability.

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the C25K.... I am actually waiting now for an ankle injury to heal up so I can get back to it...
    Good luck!! I'm sure you will get those 19lbs back off in no time!!
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'll join in.. I got to week 4 or 5 before.. then stopped.. then started again.. now back on W1D1 starting tomorrow.. gonna really push myself out of my comfort zone this time..
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    Options
    I'm interested, but still relativly new here so you will have to explain to me how it works.:ohwell:
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I will join you I am on Week4 - Completed D3 yesterday, but plan to repeat it this week. I go out Tues, Thurs, and Saturdays.
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    I would like to join in too! You will have to refresh me on the daily/weekly challenges.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Week
    1 Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

2 Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

3 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
    Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
    Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
    Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
    Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)

4 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
    Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
    Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
    Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
    Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)

5 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
    Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
    Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
    Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking.

6 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:

Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes)

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2-1/4 miles (or 25 minutes) with no walking.

7 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes).

8 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes).

9 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes).

That is the schedule.
    I just started it this week.
    Tried the first one and failed. Waited 2 days, tried again and did it but couldn't breathe and my HRM got about to 100%.
    I'm going to try the week one again tomorrow.
    I plan to do each week till I am COMFORTABLE with it before moving to the next one, so it may take me twice as long as the normal person, because I have NO endurance and smoked for 15 years and JUST quit.

I don't care if it takes a whole year, as long as I get there eventually. :wink:
  • robin52077
    Options
    darn, my spacing on that chart disappeared.
    well, the numbers before each workout are the week numbers.
    if there is only one thing that week you are supposed to do it 3 times that week.
    some weeks have 3 things, you do those once each that week.

I am going to do each "week" for 2 or 3 weeks because I need time to build.
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    robin.. love the attitude! Never given up.
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks Robin!
  • krissybohaczyk
    krissybohaczyk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was just looking to see if there was one of these started, I'd love to join. It's supposed to be showery tomorrow but I'm going to try to go anyway. If I can get the motivation to run in the rain I can run anytime. :happy: Tomorrow will be W1D1. My iPod is charged are ready to go!! Best wishes guys!! :flowerforyou: p.s. If anyone is just starting at the begining like me (total newbie to running and very much out of shape) I'd love to add as a friend so we can compare running stories and encourage eachother!
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    I'm interested, but still relativly new here so you will have to explain to me how it works.:ohwell:

coolrunning.com there is a link to the couch to 5k on there it gives you all the intervals and everything you need to know
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    krissybohaczyk: I'm starting completely over with week one, so I'll be right there with you.

Thanks everyone for joining! I'm sooooo excited. We can do this! :wink:
  • rosaline1191
    rosaline1191 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I finished the first three weeks then got sick. Excited to start over again.

This time I'm doing it right and already downloaded a podcast for the first week
  • robin52077
    Options
    I have Podrunner's podcasts, there's no annoying voice throughout like with some of them, the cues are just sounds when to switch from walking to jogging, the music is pounding and rythmic, steady beats per minute, tribal, trance, house, etc. Very little vocals, mostly instrumental. It worked well for me.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Week
    1 Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

2 Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

3 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
    Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
    Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
    Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
    Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)

4 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
    Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)

5 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:

Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking.

6 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2-1/4 miles (or 25 minutes) with no walking.

7 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes).

8 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes).

9 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes).

That is the schedule.
    I just started it this week.
    Tried the first one and failed. Waited 2 days, tried again and did it but couldn't breathe and my HRM got about to 100%.
    I'm going to try the week one again tomorrow.
    I plan to do each week till I am COMFORTABLE with it before moving to the next one, so it may take me twice as long as the normal person, because I have NO endurance and smoked for 15 years and JUST quit.

I don't care if it takes a whole year, as long as I get there eventually. :wink:

Thanks for posting this.
  • kwardklinck
    Options
    Did Day 1 week 3 on Saturday. I didn't think I could but I did. I'm kind of scared to go on from here but I just have to remember the breathing. That's my biggest challenge.
  • kwardklinck
    Options
    Did Day 1 week 3 on Saturday. I didn't think I could but I did. I'm kind of scared to go on from here but I just have to remember the breathing. That's my biggest challenge.
  • jaime1314
    jaime1314 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought the app for $1.99 for my iPhone and it is great, it sounds an alarm when you should walk/jog. I am on week 4, but have modified to cut out the middle run. You can also listen to your own music and it does the alarm over your music.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I was on week 6 and then I got this nasty cold that is just starting to finally go away. I'm hoping to get back out there this week. Probably gonna have to go back to week 5 for a day or two to get ready for week 6.
  • melaniese
    melaniese Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm doing W5D1 tomorrow and freaked out to do it! Actually more freaked for D3! I run on Tues, Fri, Sun and do all my running outside. I love this program...well so far anyways!