C25K everyone welcome, just starting or in the middle

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Brunsie, congratulations on your 20 minute run! I know how tough that one can seem from the first time I did the C25K. That's a great feeling to be able to run that. I'm so excited for you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Robin, don't get discouraged. For me, running outside is easier than running on a treadmill. I hate running on a treadmill. Of course the route I run outside is pretty level. It makes a big difference if you're running hills like Brunsie. That would make it harder. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:

I did my week 1 day 2 in the rain today. It wasn't too bad as it was just a light rain so I wasn't really soaked when I had to return to work. I live in Washington State so I guess if I'm gonna run regularly, I'll have to get used to running in the rain. :laugh:

Keep up the good work everyone.
  • melaniese
    melaniese Posts: 19
    Options
    I did W6D1 this morning. My legs were a little sore during the runs...not sure why. maybe because i had an extra day off since Sunday and running. Hopefully it's just passing. I did 20 mins...this should be nothing now!
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to do W2D2 today...but I gave blood...so I am wondering if I should run. ... I'm not sure that I should. Maybe I'll just go for a walk instead?
  • SammyLynn010
    Options
    I couldn't break my routine... sooo I ran. Probably not the best idea in the world, and it was soo hard... BUT W2D2 is complete! I feel great that I over came that!

Hope each of you are having success! <3
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    Finished W2D1! Whew! Still tired when I am finished and VERY slow but I did it!
  • feliciamac
    Options
    Great job everyone! :flowerforyou: I continue to be encouraged by all of you. I completed W1D2 yesterday. Hope I can keep it up... I'll keep posting my progress.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    We've had family here all week so I haven't been able to run all week! UGH! It's so much harder to go back and run with so many days in between! BOOOO!!!!

Supposed to do 25 min today but I think I might re-do Week 6 Day 2.
  • melaniese
    Options
    Did W6D2 this morning. I can't wait till my time / distance gets better. Now I'm just working on being able to run. Next is 25 mins ? OMG....
  • christinemm1
    christinemm1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done c25k with their kids? I have just started week 2 and my 10 year old daughter has asked if she can do it with me. She is not very active or fit -- she's never really found a sport that suited her. But she's very thin; losing weight isn't an issue.

I'd go back to week one with her, obviously. I'd love to see her doing something active, and it would be a fun thing to do together. But she is rather easily discouraged, and I'd hate to put her in a position where she couldn't succeed.

What do you think?

Christine
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    C25K is amazing I am on Week 5 Day 2 completed. Friday is Day 3 pray for me I don't think I have ever jogged 20mins straight in my life. :smile:

You CAN do this. I know you can. I am in the same boat you are. I never ran in my life before and I just started W6 yesterday. Good luck to you!!!!!!!

Awesome.. I will report back on Friday after my accomplishment!!

C25K Update. Week 5 Day 3 (5min warmup 20 Min jog) "workout is complete" It felt so amazing being able to jog for 20 mins straight I haven't done that since high school.... I added 15 min elliptical intervals afterward i was in the zone.. :smile:
  • feliciamac
    Options
    W1D3 completed!!! Now I'm wondering if I'm ready to graduate to W2 or repeat W1. I'll let my body decide on Monday. :laugh:
    Happy C25K'ing this weekend, I am off until Monday.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations runners! I finished w1d3 today. That is so exciting even though I've done this program before.

Chef congrats on the 20 minute run. What an amazing feeling it is to be able to finish that.

Feliciamac, congrats on finishing the first week. After a nice rest over the weekend, I'm sure you'll be able to graduate to week 2. You'll be surprised at what you can do. Good luck.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Let's keep this thread going and keep encouraging each other.
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    Just finished W2D2! I like the 2 minute recovery walks between the jogs. It seams to be easier this way in compared to week 1 but might just be me! Keep up the great work everyone!
  • SammyLynn010
    Options
    I finished W2D3 and let me tell you I almost didn't make it. I think I need to run on a treadmill because I run harder. I almost quit today, but I remembered all of you and kept going. I slowed down alot though during the 2 mins recovery walk.

I am going to repeat week 2 next week. I might even run an extra day tomorrow... I don't want to move ahead too quickly!

Hope each of you are doing well though!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I did week 2 again today, on the treadmill, and was able to do it.
    It's so frustrating how I can do it (twice now) on the treadmill but can't do it outdoors.
    I am not moving on to week 3 until I can do week 2 OUTSIDE.
  • melaniese
    Options
    Did W6D3 this morning. 25 mins jogging and 6 mins walking (before & after). No more interval training. I don't know how I did it! Next 2 days will be on a treadmill, since I'm moving across the country, so made sure my hotels had gyms.
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone is doing great. I started the other day and today I completed W1D2. It was a little more difficult than day 1 but I think that is due to my doing it in the morning and right after some rigorous house cleaning. But I finished it and am still amazed at how quickly the time goes by. I am still a little hesitant to believe that in just a few weeks I will be able to run for more than 5 minutes straight. I don't think I have ever done that before. I'm going to keep it up though and look forward to the potential success.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Last week it was raining a lot here and just had a bad week without exericising or eating good but today is a new day!!

Going to restart tomorrow and go tues, thurs, sat.

Just a question:

W1 dont you walk for 5 mins and then alternate jog/walk till you reach 20 mins or is it for 20mins so the total would be 25 mins?
  • brunsie
    brunsie Posts: 54
    Options
    C25K is amazing I am on Week 5 Day 2 completed. Friday is Day 3 pray for me I don't think I have ever jogged 20mins straight in my life. :smile:

You CAN do this. I know you can. I am in the same boat you are. I never ran in my life before and I just started W6 yesterday. Good luck to you!!!!!!!

Awesome.. I will report back on Friday after my accomplishment!!

C25K Update. Week 5 Day 3 (5min warmup 20 Min jog) "workout is complete" It felt so amazing being able to jog for 20 mins straight I haven't done that since high school.... I added 15 min elliptical intervals afterward i was in the zone.. :smile:

That is amazing. Way to go. I am really proud of you!
  • brunsie
    brunsie Posts: 54
    Options
    I have been doing great with the C25K. I am up to W6D1. Unfortunately, I did not do anything this weekend and I usually have a running day on Saturday. I don't know why. I don't like it. I don't like the way I feel right now. I need to get out there and do D2 tonight. I just have to. I refuse to give up now after coming this far. I have to remember how great it felt after my 20 minute run.