C25K everyone welcome, just starting or in the middle

Options

Replies

• jlking
    jlking Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm doing W5 D3 tonight. I think that is a 20 minute run!
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    I just started this and I'm sorry if someone has already asked but, how do you log this into your exercise? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best way is to get a HRM so you know how many calories you burn. It all depends on your age, weight, and heart rate for how many calories, so it varies for each person.
  • Reeniec
    Reeniec Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bleux!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm doing W5 D3 tonight. I think that is a 20 minute run!

YAY! You can do it! It's such an awesome feeling to get that run done.
  • kcsaari
    kcsaari Posts: 2
    Options
    I am just starting week 4 after repeating week three. So far, so good. I have tried running in the past, but always burnt out. I like the gradual nature of this program.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Okay......re-did Week 6 Day 2 today. It was a lot easier. Gonna try for the 25 min on Saturday.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Thanks Bleux!

Any time! Doing W2D2 today. Looks like it might rain this afternoon... sort of looking forward to a run in the rain!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Finished w2d3. It was a beautiful day for a run. I'll be going to get new shoes either tonight or tomorrow so hopefully that'll help my ankles not get so sore.

Good luck welcome to the newbies and good luck and keep up the good work to the rest of you. Keep hanging in there. We can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Alright alright.......gonna get my 25 min. run on tomorrow.

I ran outside for the first 12 min. yesterday. It was A LOT different than the treadmill. Almost thought I wasn't gonna make it but then had to remember that I needed to slow down. That's what I don't like about outside.....there's nothing to pace yourself with except yourself. :)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Double Posty! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Bleux
    Options
    W2D2 completed yesterday morning at 6:00 am... yes on a Satruday!

Time: 30:32
    DIstance: 4.58
    Average: 6:40 min/km

Not sure why, but a little slower. I felt good. I did take a slightly different route, so perhaps that is it. Or just the early morning! Tomorrow is day 3 then on to week 3. Looking forward to it!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I had a bad day on Friday. IT was my first time to run 2 miles in 20 minutes. I actually think I went a little too fast because I went further than I was supposed to in that 20 minutes. I was sick after the run. I think I wasn't hydrated enough and I ate my snack too close to my run. Next week is 25 minutes. I'm going to have to slow down my pace and make sure I'm hydrated before. I've also decided that if my body is telling me to walk, I'm going to do that. I'm not going to risk injury or illness.
  • Bleux
    Options
    I had a bad day on Friday. IT was my first time to run 2 miles in 20 minutes. I actually think I went a little too fast because I went further than I was supposed to in that 20 minutes. I was sick after the run. I think I wasn't hydrated enough and I ate my snack too close to my run. Next week is 25 minutes. I'm going to have to slow down my pace and make sure I'm hydrated before. I've also decided that if my body is telling me to walk, I'm going to do that. I'm not going to risk injury or illness.

Oooh, this doesn't sound like much fun :-(. I am sorry to hear it didn't go too good. Remember speed isn't that important... it will come with time. Good luck on your next run.
  • mindalyn
    mindalyn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i just completed my week 2. this program makes it a lot easier to actually get my fat *kitten* out there to run. i was listening to suze podcast (which i really enjoyed) but now my ipod is broken and no longer works. :( today was my 1st day w/out a podcast or music and it kinda sucked, i'm not gonna lie--- on to week 3 tomorrow
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Did week 3 for the first time!
    I put on Linkin Park's "Hybrid Theory" and just kept an eye on the timer on the treadmill for my cues.
    I had to write down my run times and tape it to the treadmill so I could remember when to run.
    5:00-6:30
    7:00-11:00
    14:00-15:30
    17:00-20:00
    all I had to do was run in those time frames and walk till 30 minutes.
    Weird that this week technically has a TEN minute cool down if you want to keep it at 30 minutes. I didn't want to stop at 25.....

almost didn't make the last minute of that last 3 minute run but I forced myself through it with my HRM at 95% max...oops...lol
  • mindalyn
    mindalyn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    @robin52077 - hey i just finished my week 3 day 1 too!

the 1st three minute was fine for me, but the second i was like wtf did i get myself in to... lol. i found however that i went a little slower today. (my ipod broke so i have no music--- kinda sucks) so i had to use my rinkadink mobile for keeping track of my times... i did 4.1km in 30 minutes. however i had to add an extra 90 second jog and 2 10 second sprints to make it just at 30 minutes.... all in all... not too bad.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. W2D3 completed this afternoon. Felt strong the whole time and tried to pick up my pace a little.

Time: 27:05
    Distance: 4.33km
    Av. KM: 6:15min/km

My average minutes per kilometer went down quite a bit, 8 seconds from my best yet time, W2D1. Looking forward to starting week three.
  • stahlight
    stahlight Posts: 119
    Options
    W4D2 here, and i spent some time converting Bleux's post into miles... :)

as for my times:

Time: 45 minutes (extra walking at end)
    Distance: 19.92 Furlongs
    Av: 0.07904 Furlongs / Fortnight
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Finally back at it AGAIN. Washed my MP3 player and dried in while doing laundry 2 weeks ago. Used that as excuse for a week until i sprung and got myself an iPod touch. As for the second week...pure laziness. I'm so tired of this yo yo, i just wanna stick with it and run my first 5k!!

So happy to see that everyone is doing so good. I read through the message board this morning to get motivation and it really helped.

Fished w3d1 today!! :smile:
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    I am way behind! I finished W2D3 last monday but have injured my shin :grumble: I have taken a break from the C25K until I feel better. In the mean time I am trying to work on my endurance by doing Jillian's 30 day shred. Hopefully I will be starting week 3 on Wed...going to give my shin a few more days off.