C25K everyone welcome, just starting or in the middle

Options

Replies

• nyuterru
    nyuterru Posts: 2
    Options
    I learned about Couch to 5K a few weeks ago from a friend. I just did w2d2 yesterday, and I'm feeling great so far. I've never been a runner, but this program might changethat! I started MFP at about the same time I started C25K, so I'm very new here, but I have to say, I love the food and exercise database and diary. I'm terrible at "dieting," but keeping track of calories is very easy with this site (it almost feels like a game to me).

This is the podcast I've been using: http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html
  • ZulyC
    ZulyC Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks SraArroz and nyuterru for the podcast info :flowerforyou:
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    If you have iTunes you can get the podcasts from Robert Ullrey too. Free to download
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I think I am starting this program on Monday! I've never been able to run much before and I really want to change that.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Welcome all you new starters!! Glad you are joining us!

Today I did week 3 for the 4th time.
    I did add a little extra jogging in, to test the waters for week 4. I pushed a 3minute run to 4.5 minutes and thought I would die, so I still can't do the 5 minutes that week 4 requires.
    No biggie, I will stay at week 3 till I can do it without getting above 90% Max HR.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Week three is DONE!!! I was smokin' today. Felt awesome. Week four... bring it on!

Time: 25:58
    Distance: 4.31km
    Av/KM: 6:01 min/km
  • ZulyC
    ZulyC Posts: 19
    Options
    Yay! I completed Day 1 of Week 1 today! :happy:
  • robin52077
    Options
    Yay! I completed Day 1 of Week 1 today! :happy:

Well Done! Good for you! :flowerforyou:

I did week 3 for the 5th time, still not ready to tackle the 5 minute run in week 4. Good thing I didn't try it because I would have failed. I barely made it through my 3 minute run when my knee started hurting and I almost gave up but I finished it and walked it out till I hit 30 minutes. Did 1.86 miles in the 30 minutes.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Alright, I have re-grouped. Going to get week 6 done this week. Did day 1 tonight and it was the best I have felt doing it ever!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1, Week 1 yesterday and loved it! I'm proud of myself for actually doing it. I had such a busy day yesterday and kept thinking "how am I going to fit it in???" Well, instead of sitting down and watching tv at 9:30 pm I got up and ran! Go me! :)
  • Bleux
    Options
    Good on you, mwilson! I have to remind myself sometimes that it is "only" 30 minutes and I that is usually doable at some point in the day. I seem to have time to sit and read or watch TV so.... yeah. Welcome to the C25K thread. It is fun to post your times and see how others are doing, give and receive encouragement, ect. Happy Running
  • Bleux
    Options
    Ok. W4D1 was today. Breathing-wise I was doing fine, but my legs, ankles and shins, were killing me! But, I suppose room for improvement is always good! I didn't get the cool down in either as I had to get home to go out. Thursday will be the full run with proper warm-up and cool-down.

Time 26:51
    Distance: 4.56 km
    Av/KM: 5:53 min/km
  • jlking
    jlking Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 7 of the C25K program this evening! Next up........W8 D1.....28 minutes straight!! Wish me luck..
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Today was week 1 day 1 of C25K for me! So far so good! :laugh:
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Alright I am going to jump in! Tomorrow will be day 3 week 1. Can't wait until I further along into the program! so do we do a weekly check in here or just posting when and whatever we want?
  • Bleux
    Options
    Alright I am going to jump in! Tomorrow will be day 3 week 1. Can't wait until I further along into the program! so do we do a weekly check in here or just posting when and whatever we want?

I jump on and post after each of my runs. It helps me track my times as well, I can just go back and look at previous posts. Welcome and happy running!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies. I know you can do this. Congratulations on taking that first step. :flowerforyou: Everyone is doing a great job. I finished w4d2. That last five minute run is a killer to finish. My legs and and ankles are fine since I bought new running shoes but trying not to run out of breath is what gets me. I was determined to finish even if it killed me though and it almost did. :laugh: Keep up the good work everyone.

Jlking, you're almost done! Great job! Good luck on the 28 minute run. I know you'll do great.
  • robin52077
    Options
    Ok, so I today I KINDA did week 4, but not exactly.

Instead of 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, for a total of 16 minutes of running...

I did 6, 4, 4, 2...which STILL totals 16 minutes of running within a half hour (I ended at 28 minutes and did 2 minutes of cool down)
    So, is it ok to count it as week 4?
    It's 16 minutes, with one of them being SIX minutes, which is the longest I have ever gone in my LIFE...so I think it should count....
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I finished W1d3 today and it felt great! The only thing that really hurt was my lungs! Surely they will build up quickly!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Did 2.5 miles around the block. I'm trying to run outside more often since I'm aiming for a 5K. The foot didn't really bother me so THANK GOD! Gonna go for the 25 min sometime this week.