C25K everyone welcome, just starting or in the middle

Options

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Last week it was raining a lot here and just had a bad week without exericising or eating good but today is a new day!!

Going to restart tomorrow and go tues, thurs, sat.

Just a question:

W1 dont you walk for 5 mins and then alternate jog/walk till you reach 20 mins or is it for 20mins so the total would be 25 mins?

sweettart - technically the total should always be half an hour because there should be a 5 minute warmup walk, then 20 full minutes of whatever that particular week's intervals are, then a 5 minute cool-down walk, for a total of 30 minutes.
    If you are crunched for time, you could always do only 2 or 3 minutes of warmup and skip the cooldown, but it's not recommended. Just make sure you do the full 20 minutes of intervals or you really didn't "do" the scheduled week...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing such a great job! I did w2d1 during my lunch hour today. It is so exhilerating! I'm so excited to be able to do this again. Keep up the good work everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Robin: Thanks! I am a 5 mintue walk to a mile track so the 5 min warm up and cool down is perfect!

Well be doing W1D1 tomorrow
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I completed W2D1 or 2 or 3 ... it's all the same! LOL ... Today, I noticed something about my running. I was more than jogging! I was actually running! Now the longer I went the slower I got, but seroiusly ... I am soo proud of myself. I don't know why yesterday was soo much harder, but today I felt amazing! I got to the last 1:30 run and when it ended I said "really, already?"

I also figured out tonight that the place that I run/walk/jog is about 2.8 miles!!!! I am already doing almost 3 miles in 30 mins! My mind is blown and I truly can not believe it!!

I hope each of you are feeling successful! Keep up the good work!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    UGHHHHH!!!! I am so frustrated. I am STUCK in week 6. I run like once a week and it's so freaking hard to get through and then I let another week go by and then it's freaking hard again. I re-did day 1 today and it was so hard.........I have to slow down a lot more than I want to to get through it.

I think I'm scared of the big 25 min on Day 3 so I keep throwing myself back. SOOO LAME! How am I supposed to run a 5K if I can't get through 25 min!!!!

Thank you for listening to my vent. :flowerforyou:
  • rolyprince
    rolyprince Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through week 7. Long 25 minute runs!! I'm being helped along with a Podcast and I didn't have a clue it was gonna be like that this week. I'd got so used to interval running. Still I got through it and it wasn't as difficult as I had thought it was gonna be inthe beginning. If someone had told me 6 weeks ago that I would've run for 25 minutes without stopping I would've told them where to go!!. Stick with it everyone whose just starting. The sense of achevement I had this morning was unbelieveable. And I've still got the rest of this week to do and another 2 more weeks before I finish. :happy:
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    iceprincess - stick with it. You can do it. I am just starting but it sounds like lots of people on here have had success so it is doable. Just keep pushing at the level you are able to do, even if you are there longer than expected. Prepare your body and get it in your head that you can do it.

Way to go rolyprince! I can't wait until I am able to run even 5 minutes straight. Keep up the good work!

Today was W2D1 for me. It wasn't too bad. Actually, it seemed a little easier than week 1 though I think I was a little slower. I am using the Robert Ullrey podcasts which are great for the cues for when to run and when to walk but the music is kind of boring. This made the training a bit boring and may be the reason for my slowness. But I need the podcasts so I will stick with it.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I'm on spring break this week so I FULLY intend to get those two other days in without a ton of space in between. Day 2 will be on Thursday which is 2 10 min runs and then the big 25 min on Saturday! AHHHHHHHH!

I was using the Robert Ullrey podcast too but then got an Itouch and was able to download the C25K app. Let's you use your own music. Makes a world of difference.
  • MelissaLu
    MelissaLu Posts: 83
    Options
    Hmm, I really want to try this tomorrow..
  • julieanddavid
    Options
    UGHHHHH!!!! I am so frustrated. I am STUCK in week 6. I run like once a week and it's so freaking hard to get through and then I let another week go by and then it's freaking hard again. I re-did day 1 today and it was so hard.........I have to slow down a lot more than I want to to get through it.

I think I'm scared of the big 25 min on Day 3 so I keep throwing myself back. SOOO LAME! How am I supposed to run a 5K if I can't get through 25 min!!!!

You can totally do this!!! You and I are right at the same place, and I was EXACTLY the same way about the long runs. But I finally did it, and so will you!! I had to tell myself that I could stop after 10 minutes, and then 15, and then 20, and then 25....but then when I got to each of those, I was able to just keep going!

Hang in there - you can do it!
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    I was just looking to see if there was one of these started, I'd love to join. It's supposed to be showery tomorrow but I'm going to try to go anyway. If I can get the motivation to run in the rain I can run anytime.

Running in the rain rocks! It gets so quiet and peaceful. I turn those into total Zen runs. I mean, I am going to shower when I get home anywa and it is only 30 mintues, so... woooo-hhooooo!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

You can totally do this!!! You and I are right at the same place, and I was EXACTLY the same way about the long runs. But I finally did it, and so will you!! I had to tell myself that I could stop after 10 minutes, and then 15, and then 20, and then 25....but then when I got to each of those, I was able to just keep going!

Hang in there - you can do it!

That's a good idea. Perhaps breaking it into mini increments will help get through the 25 minutes! Thank you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    W2D1 completed:
    30:38 minutes
    4.8 km
    6:23 min/km

First 90 second run interval was a little tough, but after that felt good. Walked an additional 2.5km after run. Looking forward to day 2 on Friday.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing such a great job. Keep up the good work.

Iceprincess, don't be afraid of doing that 25 minute run. I know it looks intimidating but I did it last year when I did the C25K for the first time. Believe me you can do it. You will amaze yourself and be so proud of your self after you do.

I did w2d2 during my lunch hour today. It was a beautiful sunny day. I was so excited. I think I really need to get a new pair of shoes though. My ankles get pretty sore by the time I'm finished.

Good luck everyone.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    SO I was at the American Orthopedic Sports Medicine conference today and one of the speakers said something that made everything click.

If you take longer than 5 days off between your cardio workouts, you will lose up to 50% of the physiological adaptations that your body has made. Which is why is has been so hard for me to get through this week 6. I need to keep it all together and just get it DONE.
  • cahndoit
    cahndoit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again!! I did this a few years ago before I had a baby, and I got half way through. This time I hope to finish!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I did week 2 AGAIN yesterday, on the treadmill, and it felt great, had no problems, and even kept walking for another half hour afterwards.
    Still can't do it outside though, halfway through is my limit....
    :(
  • feliciamac
    Options
    Good Morning all! Good to see that everyone is doing great or at least we're trying! Haven't posted in a little bit. I was a bum on Monday and didn't begin week two until yesterday. W2D1 was pretty good. The only thing that got me through the extra 30 seconds of jogging was knowing that I had a nice long 2 min walk coming up! :-) will complete W2D2 on Friday. will try to get in W2D3 on Saturday or Sunday. I know that technically you are not supposed to run on consecutive days, but can it be done safely? Has anyone tried? Thanks. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Reeniec
    Reeniec Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started this and I'm sorry if someone has already asked but, how do you log this into your exercise? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    W2D2 completed. I felt really slow on my last run so I pushed it more this time, both the run and the brisk walk (I am still in pretty poor cardiovascular shape so I am still probably a lot slower than many). Boy the last 90 seconds today took all I had but I did it. I do a 2.7 mile loop around my housing area so I do a bit more walking after the end of the 30 minutes of the program to make it back to my house. I didn't realize I had pushed it quite so much but I shaved off almost 3 minutes of my total time for the 2.7 miles.