C25K everyone welcome, just starting or in the middle

Options

Replies

• feliciamac
    Options
    Woohoo!! Completed W1D1 this morning, it felt pretty good. Looking forward to D2 on Wed. Just reading over the posts and I am SO encouraged by EVERYONE! Congrats to those who are way ahead of me and keep up the good work. For those newer like me LET'S GETTER DONE! We can do it too!!:bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the great job everyone. :flowerforyou: Robin, don't worry about falling behind. In the past couple of weeks, I managed to run w1d1 and that's it. Since I decided to run during my lunch hour at work, it's been rainy so I haven't been able to. Hopefully today I'll get a break and I'll start over with w1d1 again.
  • brunsie
    brunsie Posts: 54
    Options
    I can't believe it. I just finished W5D3...20 minutes of running and I didn't stop! I was outside and going slow, but still, I did it!

That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go. I am attempting my first 20 minute run tonight. I did D2 twice and want to do this now.
  • brunsie
    Options
    Oi.....Week 6 Day 2 COMPLETED. It was a HARD run for sure. I made it through both 10 min runs. Now the rest of the runs are all over 25 min! AHHHHHHHH!!!

That's amazing!!!!!!
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Robin-- thank you sooo much for the encouragement!

I decided to run early today and boy way it HOT... 80 outside, but I ran on the back street where there is some shade. I am not sure how I feel about running outside, I have been running on the treadmill. I have no clue how far I ran, and I don't like not knowing that! lol... So I might go back to the treadmill. But the more wonderful news is that

I SURVIVED W2D1 ... whoooo! Thanks guys for cheering me on and making me really feel like I can do it. I don't want to let myself or you guys down! =D

Can't wait to hear about all of your successes this week! <3
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group!

Today I did W1D1. I last spring I started and stopped so many times I dont think I got past W2D2.

Today was a little rough but I expected it. Hard at first but once I got to the last couple 1 min runs it was getting easier. I don't have a 5k run planned as of now but I am planning on doing a half marathon in Oct.

Was just wondering if you only do 3 days a week or if you do more?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Was just wondering if you only do 3 days a week or if you do more?

It's supposed to be 3, but I do what I feel like. On week one I did it 4 times in the week, because I didn't feel ready to move on to week 2 yet, and week two I have done once but my week is almost up and I won't have time to do it 2 more times before the week is out (I started on a thursday, so I wanted to start each new week on a thursday).
    So I will just do it a couple more times and then move on to week 3 when I am comfortable doing so, I don't plan on sticking to a scheduled set of days...
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just did W1 D1 today. There's another Couch25K thread, but I'd love to join this one too. You guys are smoking!! (in the nicest tobacco-free kind of way)

Are there any tips about breathing - I was trying to breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth but it was tough to control.

Thanks, and congrats all.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just did W1 D1 today. There's another Couch25K thread, but I'd love to join this one too. You guys are smoking!! (in the nicest tobacco-free kind of way)

Are there any tips about breathing - I was trying to breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth but it was tough to control.

Thanks, and congrats all.

This is how they taught us to run in softball... but it can be hard to control. Esp if your pace is too fast, that's my problem.

Just make sure that you breath in your nose, it fills your lungs up the most and gives you the most oxygen! ;-)
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    Just finished W1D3! With a busy holiday schedule I got behind one day but I am back on track. Excited and a little nervous to start week 2. :happy:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Finished w1d1 again. :happy: I got rained on for a little bit but I didn't care. I was so happy about running I didn't let it bother me even if I did have to go back to work wet. :laugh: Hopefully I can stay on track and do w1d2 on Wednesday. If it's too rainy, I guess I'll just have to go to the gym after work and run on the treatmill.

Good luck everyone. Keep up the good work. We can all do this. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I really need to get outside and run. I'm planning on doing the disneyland 5K this summer. I haven't run outside in forever and I know it's sooooooo different than the treadmill.
  • feliciamac
    Options
    Ok, so I just finished W1D1 yesterday (still totally amped) Today my quads are sore, I can tell I did something different than my usual gym routine. Did anyone else experience this after starting the program? Maybe I am more out of shape than I thought :huh: Just curious. Thanks.
  • brunsie
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!! I did it!!!!!! I actually finished W5d3!!!!! I was running for 20 minutes, outside, in the wonderful fresh air. I didn't know I had it in me. I actually cried a little bit when I finished. Can't wait to get out there for the start of W6.

Great job everyone!!!!!! You are all doing fantastic!
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!! I did it!!!!!! I actually finished W5d3!!!!! I was running for 20 minutes, outside, in the wonderful fresh air. I didn't know I had it in me. I actually cried a little bit when I finished. Can't wait to get out there for the start of W6.

Way to go!!! Running for 20 minutes is awesome! I am dreading having to do that distance and I am no where near week 5!

I am starting week 2 today and very nervous about it and your post helped keep me motivated. I am a very slow jogger and feel tired by the end of the work out :blushing: But I just got to keep at it!

Way to go everyone!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I am having difficulties.
    I succeeded in doing week 2 ONCE, on the treadmill, but when I tried to do it outside on the track I have failed twice now.
    Is jogging outside more difficult than on the treadmill for anyone else? Or is it just me?
    I thought it would be the same...
    :frown: :brokenheart: :sad:
  • brunsie
    Options

Way to go!!! Running for 20 minutes is awesome! I am dreading having to do that distance and I am no where near week 5!

I am starting week 2 today and very nervous about it and your post helped keep me motivated. I am a very slow jogger and feel tired by the end of the work out :blushing: But I just got to keep at it!

Way to go everyone!

Thank you so much. I was scared too. I just set my mind to it and I did it. You can too. I know you will.

Robin - yes, running outside is way harder then on a treadmill. I have a lot of hills where I live and it is very hard. You will get the hang of it.

I do have a question for everyone and any help would be great. As I am runner for longer periods of time, I notice that my left shin has started to really hurt me. Is there any relief for that or will my body just get used to the running?
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    C25K is amazing I am on Week 5 Day 2 completed. Friday is Day 3 pray for me I don't think I have ever jogged 20mins straight in my life. :smile:
  • brunsie
    Options
    C25K is amazing I am on Week 5 Day 2 completed. Friday is Day 3 pray for me I don't think I have ever jogged 20mins straight in my life. :smile:

You CAN do this. I know you can. I am in the same boat you are. I never ran in my life before and I just started W6 yesterday. Good luck to you!!!!!!!
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options

You CAN do this. I know you can. I am in the same boat you are. I never ran in my life before and I just started W6 yesterday. Good luck to you!!!!!!!

Awesome.. I will report back on Friday after my accomplishment!!