C25K everyone welcome, just starting or in the middle

Options

Replies

• SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I did it! I dared to try week two and DID IT!!!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's awesome!! I might need you as encouragement next week! =D

way to go!
  • SammyLynn010
    Options

way to go!
  • feliciamac
    Options
    Hi all, I'd love to join in. I've attempted the C25K before, but never made it past week three. :sad: I will be doing the program indoors. I've never been much of a runner or outdoors excerciser (mostly out of fear that passers by would gawk and laugh @ me) Anyway, I've just renewed my committment (again) to getting healthier and back in shape. I've been back in the gym for a few weeks now. I am planning on beginning the program on Monday 4/5, this way I can get three days in. due to other committments Saturday and Sunday are off/rest days for me. So keep the posts coming, they are very encouraging. I'll keep you all posted on my progress. Happy running. :bigsmile:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    HI, I'd love to join in, I have never been able to run (just feel like i'm going to die!! can't breath etc), but this sounds like a good way to build up to running so i'll give it a go !!! also I will have to find somewhere to run.... I live in a small town and know everyone and would feel really embarassed if spotted :blushing: !!!! silly I know........ maybe when I can run I wont feel that way!!
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options

I knew you could do it!! Keep up the good work!

I'm doing w1d3 tonight after work. I've been sooooo tired today cause I could not sleep at all last night, so hopefully working out will ware me out enough for me to get some more sleep lol
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I would love to join I am on w2 day 3 tomorrow
  • julieanddavid
    Options
    I would love to join. I signed up for a 5K as my motivation to keep at it, and so far it's been MOSTLY great. I've been stunned every day that I could really do it!

I have my W6 D2 run tomorrow, and I'm very nervous about it. My W5 D3 run (the 20 minute run - EEEK), was a complete failure. I had been dreading it so much, that I think I just talked myself into believing I couldn't do it, and so I couldn't. And instead of repeating the week like I should have, I decided to just go on so I could make my 5K deadline. *sigh* So I hope this week goes better. My W6 D1 run was awesome, so I'm hoping I don't panic again when I get to Day 3!

I could definitely use all the support I can get. Thank you so much for starting this thread.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I signed up for a 5K as my motivation to keep at it, and so far it's been MOSTLY great. I've been stunned every day that I could really do it!

I have my W6 D2 run tomorrow, and I'm very nervous about it. My W5 D3 run (the 20 minute run - EEEK), was a complete failure. I had been dreading it so much, that I think I just talked myself into believing I couldn't do it, and so I couldn't. And instead of repeating the week like I should have, I decided to just go on so I could make my 5K deadline. *sigh* So I hope this week goes better. My W6 D1 run was awesome, so I'm hoping I don't panic again when I get to Day 3!

I could definitely use all the support I can get. Thank you so much for starting this thread.

You and I are at the exact same week and day. I was REALLY nervous about the 20 min run also. I wanted to stop while I was doing it but I was like F-this.....I'm gonna finish it AND I DID!!! I was so excited that I ran 20 min straight! So crazy!

I'm planning on doing the disneyland 5K in July so I really need to get on it and get my time up and my running longer.
  • SammyLynn010
    Options
    I just finished week one!!! yay me!!! ... Okay so, I feel silly celebrating week one when all of you seem to be WAY AHEAD of me....but you have to start some where right??

I improved my time today, not by much but some! =D ... I feel great, but now I have to sit and do homework. Yeah, I think I would run all day instead of doing homework! hahaha
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I did wk2 day 3 for the first 15 mins then I had to go back to week 1 to finish up the workout. I added 5 minutes to the work out to compensate. I will redo wk2 next week. M/W/F are my days for this. I have a lot of weight to lose so I am proud that I have made it this far.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I just finished week one!!! yay me!!! ... Okay so, I feel silly celebrating week one when all of you seem to be WAY AHEAD of me....but you have to start some where right??

I improved my time today, not by much but some! =D ... I feel great, but now I have to sit and do homework. Yeah, I think I would run all day instead of doing homework! hahaha

I am proud of you too!!!
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    Just finished W1D2 and I was able to complete the whole exercise which made my day! :bigsmile:

On W1D1 I had exercised on the beach and was only able to do half...firm ground is much easier!!
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options

Way to go!! That is awesome! :happy:
  • SammyLynn010
    Options

I am proud of you too!!!

Thank you! You just made my day! =D
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

way to go!

SammyLynn - seriously, if I can do it ANYONE can, and I mean ANYONE. I think I was the most out of shape couch potato I knew. I only need to lose a few pounds but I can't do ANYTHING without gasping for air. My heart and lungs need a serious overhaul. Twice already I have gotten my HRM up to 100% of max! That is so not good!

3 weeks today not smoking. I couldn't have done this at all if I hadn't quit!
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    robin- i knew that you could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

sammylynn- great job finishing up week1, on to week two!!!!!

I love reading about everyone else's success, it makes me soo happy!!

i just finished up w2 today and moving on to w3 next week. i feel so much better since i've decided to do c25k again!!

keep up to good work everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
  • robin52077
    Options
    I am stalled until I can get new sneakers.

I walked for an hour and a half outside yesterday and I almost got blisters! Now my feet really hurt and I am supposed to do "week 2/ 2nd time" today but I can't bear the thought of putting those shoes back on.

They're just cheap generic "athletic shoes" from walmart. I need RUNNING shoes, like from the New Balance store down the road....
    I'm REALLY tired today though, hard day at work and still beat from that 5 mile walk yesterday so I don't even have the energy to go shoe shopping today, never mind try to get on the treadmill and actually DO it....

And I have plans to go climb Hawk mountain tomorrow so I can't do it then either.
    And I'm meeting my friend to do that 5 mile walk again on Monday....

when am I supposed to continue C25K?!?!?!
    If I could convince my friend Casey to jog, I could incorporate that into my outside walk...hmmmm......
  • melaniese
    melaniese Posts: 19
    Options
    I can't believe it. I just finished W5D3...20 minutes of running and I didn't stop! I was outside and going slow, but still, I did it!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Oi.....Week 6 Day 2 COMPLETED. It was a HARD run for sure. I made it through both 10 min runs. Now the rest of the runs are all over 25 min! AHHHHHHHH!!!
  • robin52077
    Options
    So, I went down to the New Balance Factory Store and got TWO new pairs of sneakers. No more excuses!

I did climb Hawk Mountain this morning, and raked my yard, but no C25K.
    Tomorrow I am meeting my friend for a 5 mile walk, so I might not be able to do it tomorrow either.
    Wednesday looks good, but that's just the second time of week two, I am supposed to start week 3 on Thursday and have to do week 2 for the third time instead, and without a day off in between either...

Guess I am gonna fall behind...