C25K everyone welcome, just starting or in the middle

Options

Replies

• Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    Good on you IcePrincess. Glad to hear your foot is doing better!

W4D2 today. I have an appointment this afternoon so I got up at 5:30 this morning to do it! It felt really good and I may just do this whole early morning workout thing more often!

Time: 30:33
    DIstance: 5:15km
    Av/KM: 5:56/km

A slightly slower average per KM, but I did about 2 minutes of the cool-down I didn't get to do on Tuesday. I am needing to work on where to run now since I am running further. I had to run past my house and guess at a turn around point which is why I didn't get in all the cool-down. For weeks 1-3 this loop worked really well, but now that I am running more it just isn't big enough.

Happy Running!
  • corndog05
    corndog05 Posts: 53
    Options
    Just started W1D1 last night. It was a bit too easy after about 10 minutes (including warmup), so I walked 90sec jogged 90sec, instead of jogging 60sec. I did a total of 30 minutes instead of 20 min. Does that mean I am ready for W2 already since W1 was too easy and I had to increase everything?
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi! My Spring Couch 2 5K thread died - and I'm so close to actually finishing! I hope you don't mind if I jump over here :flowerforyou: I just finished week 8, day 2. I never really thought I'd get this far. I mean, I set out to do it but didn't really think I could! I can only make 2 miles in the 28 minutes, but it beats nothin' :heart:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Hi! My Spring Couch 2 5K thread died - and I'm so close to actually finishing! I hope you don't mind if I jump over here :flowerforyou: I just finished week 8, day 2. I never really thought I'd get this far. I mean, I set out to do it but didn't really think I could! I can only make 2 miles in the 28 minutes, but it beats nothin' :heart:

YAY! Good job!!!!! That's so awesome! I've been stuck in week 6 FOREVER. My heel has been bothering me again which is frustrating. I taped it up and iced it tonight. Gotta take some NSAIDS tonight too.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    After completing Day 1 life got the best of me and I haven't been able to do it the rest of the week. Hopefully I can finish Week 1 this weekend and move on to week 2 - it's been a crazy week! :noway:
  • MTGirl
    Options

YAY! Good job!!!!! That's so awesome! I've been stuck in week 6 FOREVER. My heel has been bothering me again which is frustrating. I taped it up and iced it tonight. Gotta take some NSAIDS tonight too.

Hey girl! Sorry your heel is giving you trouble. Take some time to get that foot healed up. You don't want to cause permanent problems! You'll do it - this is my 3rd attempt. Sometimes it takes a little time. Do you wrap it when you run? Would that even help? :laugh: I hope it feels better soon!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I finished w4d3 today. It was so exciting knowing I finished another week. WOOHOO!! I hope everyone has a great weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 and I am so looking forward to starting week 2. I just hope it starts getting easier!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Just started W1D1 last night. It was a bit too easy after about 10 minutes (including warmup), so I walked 90sec jogged 90sec, instead of jogging 60sec. I did a total of 30 minutes instead of 20 min. Does that mean I am ready for W2 already since W1 was too easy and I had to increase everything?

I would say try week 2 now.
    You should at least get sweaty and breathe heavy. If it's TOO easy then you need to step it up.

You practically did week 2 already, so you could do it once, and if you have no problems, give week 3 a shot. But at least do one on each to see how they feel, don't skip 2...

It took my 5 tries on each week before I could move on, I envy you!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm migrating over from the Spring C25K thread.

I finished Week 9, Day 1 last week despite being sick. Then I had trouble running all week, managed to finish my 5K on the 24th (29:45) despite being sick and having major breathing issues. But I still want to finish the damn program despite already running my 5K. Took 5 days off from running, managed to run 2 miles yesterday. I just registered for another 5K on the 15th, so I'm hoping to be able to redo Week 9 this week and finish up the program!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I just did 2 1/2 miles. I ran 2 miles straight in 19 minutes (1st time to run that far without walking), walked about 2 minutes and finished up my 2 1/2 miles in less than 25 minutes. That might not seem so fast to anyone else but before this, I really hadn't run in over 20 years. I'm feeling so strong and good these days. The run is 2 weeks from today and I'm aiming to finish it in less than 35. I know I can do this.
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    Hello all, and happy weekend. Finished week 4 today!

Time: 32:19
    Distance: 5.35 km
    Av/KM: 6:03 min/km

A nice run. Felt good. i am ready, though a little nervous, to start week 5 on Monday!
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Yay! Finished week 8 today. Iactually improved my speed considerably (for me!) this week. On Mon, I hit 2 miles at exactly 28 minutes. On Thurs I ran about 1/3 lap (17 laps/mile) over 2 miles in the 28 minutes and today I hit 2 miles at 27:16 and ran a full lap extra in the 18 minutes (again at the Y - 17 laps/mile) Its not great - but it is for me!!

Great job everyone! :drinker:
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Hi everyone :happy: I've come to a point where I realize I really need to push myself to lose the last 8 pounds I have. I'm not a runner but I figure what better way to challenge my self than to do something I haven't done since high school! I've just started running at the gym on a treadmill. I'm currently walking 4 mins and running 6 mins. I hit my 2 mile mark at 23.5 mins and by the time I was done with the 30 min workout I went 2.6 miles.

I'm wondering about the c25k thing. Is it a spacific progam you follow? Is this kinda a support thread for running (that's what I need)? Mind if I join all of you? :laugh: You get the idea, I'm full of questions :tongue:
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to join you all! I'm downloading all the podcasts right now, and I plan to start on Sunday 4/9/10. I've never been much of a runner, in fact right now I sadly can't run 1/4 mile without getting winded. Is this a good program to build up my stamina?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Yes! I couldn't even do the first day all the way through when I first tried it!
    I had to do it 5 times before I felt like I did it GOOD, then I did week two 5 times, and week three 5 times, because the first time I did each one it was too hard for me.
    The other day I ran for SIX minutes straight, and a month ago I couldn't do 90 seconds...

It's wonderful! You'll love it! Just don't get discouraged if you can't do a stage at first, just do it again and again till you CAN!
    :flowerforyou:
  • bowbee
    bowbee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!
    I just did W1D1 today. MAN!!! It felt great!! I have a llloooonnnggg way to go before my endurance will let me strictly run but it definitely felt like something that is attainable....and that is what this program is all about, right? I also downloaded the podcasts and felt like it really helped keep me motivated, focused and on track.

One question though. How did you guys log this for exercise? I was outside and for about 1/2 of it I was at a slight grade but wasn't overly exhausted. I went a distance of approx. 2 miles for 35 minutes. My HRM was saying 700 calories which seems way too much (definitely was not as sweaty and out of breath as when I do aerobics and burn around this amount of calories) so I went ahead and put in at walking 4mph for 302 calories. Any opinions would be appreciated.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Just curious was anyone really big (over like 280 ) when starting this. I want to do (as i am loosing my motivation and I think i need something to to be committed to). I am 280ish right now my knee gives me problems, and i know my ankles and shins get sore when i walk. Just wondering if anyone else has pain like this and been successful. I know i would takes long time to get past the weeks.

Also, seen mixed post about outside vs inside. I don't have access to a gym or a treadmill so wondering if anyone else is doing 100% outside??
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Just curious was anyone really big (over like 280 ) when starting this. I want to do (as i am loosing my motivation and I think i need something to to be committed to). I am 280ish right now my knee gives me problems, and i know my ankles and shins get sore when i walk. Just wondering if anyone else has pain like this and been successful. I know i would takes long time to get past the weeks.

Also, seen mixed post about outside vs inside. I don't have access to a gym or a treadmill so wondering if anyone else is doing 100% outside??

I am starting week2 and I am in the 260's. i have been using my eliptical everday for at least 40 minutes for the past 6 months and the c25k is helping me to break through my platue. I also think it is going to help build muscle. It doesn't matter what your weight is its all in your mind set. YOUR CAN DO IT!
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    I have never done this before and I will start 5/10/10 with Sweetie666 and NewMe80XOXO. This is going to kick butt. Will have to do it on a treadmill though since weather is going to be crappy here. BUT WE WILL DO THIS! :love: