C25K everyone welcome, just starting or in the middle

Options

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I do all my stuff on the treadmill, because spring has not officially hit yet up here, it's only 38 degrees and pouring rain out today.
    I think once I can actually jog for 20 minutes straight I will go outside to do it, and the weather will be real nice by then...

Today I am supposed to be doing week one again but I can't get the motivation. I had a real bad breakfast that I am not proud of, and feel "blah"....
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    I bought the app for $1.99 for my iPhone and it is great, it sounds an alarm when you should walk/jog. I am on week 4, but have modified to cut out the middle run. You can also listen to your own music and it does the alarm over your music.

I use this app too its awesome. I made it all the way to the last week when I did it this summer and this app is the easiest. I only have an itouch and it works on them too.
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Today is a rest day, but I am still going to do some strength training and take the dogs for a long walk. I hope the sun comes out today. Winters in Alaska are way too long, I want the snow to go away! But it won't be gone till the end of May :mad: oh well.
  • brunsie
    brunsie Posts: 54
    Options
    I would love to join. I am starting week 5 today and I have to admit, it scares the crap out of me. I have tried this plan several times before and never made it past week 3 so this is fantastic for me.
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm giving it another go this week! I keep getting caught up in excuses so hopefully it'll stick now. I really really want to do it!
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Laura Joy, i'm so glad that you started this message board!!!! The last message board that I was on all the time for c25k seems to have fizzled out. Without the last message board I would have never made it as far as I did with the program, it really helped me stay motivated!!

I had gotten all the way to week 7 of c25k and then stopped. I can't wait to get back to it again. I haven't run for a few months so it's back to w1d1 today. I plan on running in a little bit. Can't wait to see everyones progress throughout this great program and to getting myself back on track with exercise again!!
  • rosaline1191
    rosaline1191 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Do any of y'all use HRMs? I'm thinking of buying one but I don't want to waste money if it's not accurate. If you use one, how accurate have you found the monitor and/or calorie calculator?
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I would love to join. I am starting week 5 today and I have to admit, it scares the crap out of me. I have tried this plan several times before and never made it past week 3 so this is fantastic for me.

Just stick with it. It feels soooo amazing. When I got to w5d3 last time I remember thinking there is no way I can do 20 minutes straight and I got out there and ran 25 minutes at a nice slow pace and wanted to keep going. This program is amazing. It you can't believe what you are capable of until you try. I can't wait to get back up there again.

I just took my puppy and by boyfriends dog for a long walk/jog. I only did about half of w1d2 cause its supposed to be my rest day but I walked a lot! Its such a beautiful day I might take the dogs out again after I study for my psychology test! :happy:
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Laura Joy, i'm so glad that you started this message board!!!! The last message board that I was on all the time for c25k seems to have fizzled out. Without the last message board I would have never made it as far as I did with the program, it really helped me stay motivated!!

I had gotten all the way to week 7 of c25k and then stopped. I can't wait to get back to it again. I haven't run for a few months so it's back to w1d1 today. I plan on running in a little bit. Can't wait to see everyones progress throughout this great program and to getting myself back on track with exercise again!!

Yay I'm glad you're back. I was totally making up excuses not to work out all winter lol, but now I'm back on track. I saw that there weren't really any more c25k message boards anymore and I never would have made it all the way through the first time without the support on here for sure!
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    proud to say that i just finished w2d1 and i make it through!! when i started the warm up i planned on doing w1 but felt confident to go right to w2 since i was already up to w7 at one point. from here on out i won't be skipping any weeks because i know how important it is to do the program just like it says...it really does work wonders. :bigsmile: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'll join you. I completed the C25K once before but over the winter I kinda fell off the wagon and gained about 10 pounds back. I never did run any of the 5K's I had planned to run. Now there's one coming up in July and I'm determined to run that one. I ran on my own over a week ago and my legs were really sore for several days, so I decided to start the C25K again and do it right so I don't injure myself. I was going to run today during my lunch hour at work, but it was raining and I forgot to bring my running shoes. I'll see what tomorrow looks like.

Good luck everyone. We can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    welcome mommared, were you on the same thread I was last fall?

angie thats great that you could start at week 2. I'm so out of shape since last time. I had graduated the c25k last fall and have to start at week 1 again. :grumble: But at least I'm doing it again. Keep up the good work.

I woke up extra early this morning and took the dogs for a short walk, and hopefully the sun stays out long enough for me to do w1d2 after work today! I did a arm and ab routine last night, that my trainer had given me last summer and I feel soooo good and energized today! More awake than I have been in a long time. I think its cause of working out and also not eating as much processed food YAY

Good luck to everyone.
  • brunsie
    brunsie Posts: 54
    Options
    Well, I did D1W5 yesterday and it was amazing when I actually finished my three 5 minute runs. I can't wait to get out there again. I am so glad I found this thread because it will help me to stay motivated.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I finished the first three weeks then got sick. Excited to start over again.

This time I'm doing it right and already downloaded a podcast for the first week

What is this podcast business?? Where do I get them??
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I started W1D1 yesterday! ... It wasn't bad for a first go. It was soo awesome to get off the treadmill (because it was raining here, yuck) and feel like I had accomplished alot! ... I am hoping that having a plan set out before me will help me along the journey...not to mention some good motivation from all of you!! =D
  • robin52077
    Options
    http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

go here
    scroll down
    right click each "week #" and "save as" and put it wherever you keep your music on your hard drive.

they're regular mp3's so you can use them on any mp3 player, not just ipod. I put them on my blackberry's memory card and use my phone as my mp3 player!
  • robin52077
    Options
    oh and, I just finished doing week one for the 4th time. I think I might be ready to move on to week 2 soon...maybe one more week one....
  • rosaline1191
    rosaline1191 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got my podcasts from http://www.kissmyblackass.org/?page_id=86: the mp3 is made of hiphop music which is what I need for running.

Just finished up my first week, I honestly don't feel like moving on to the second week, I'm already dead and gone by the end of the workout, lol.
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    oh and, I just finished doing week one for the 4th time. I think I might be ready to move on to week 2 soon...maybe one more week one....

Don't be afraid to move on to week two, you'll be suprised how easy it is after doing week 1. U should at least try it first and if you cant make it through the whole 90 seconds of jogging the first couple times go back to doing the 60 seconds. Its crazy how much we underestimate what our bodies can do. I know I did when I did this last summer.

Congrats on quitting smoking. I quit for like 8 months and just recently started smoking again since my boyfriend does. The good news is he wants to quit, but the bad news is even if he trys to quit he will smoke like 1 cigarette a day and it makes me want to smoke too lol I know running again will totally help me quit for sure.

Good luck :) you can totally do it
  • melaniese
    melaniese Posts: 19
    Options
    Did W5D1 this morning and I survived, even though I was sore in my butt and sides/core from my workout yesterday. I've heard that running is 75% mental. You can do it, no matter what you might think you can't do. I'm trying to remember that when D3 rolls around on Sunday...
    I quit smoking on March 4, just before I started this program. I wonder how different my breathing would be otherwise. My breathing does seem okay so far!