C25K everyone welcome, just starting or in the middle

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Today I broke 2 personal best running records:

I ran 13 minutes straight, and I did a mile in 12 minutes!

Technically I'm still on "week 4" because I haven't been following a plan for the last few weeks, just doing intervals as I see fit and trying to extend my stamina and endurance.

If anyone remembers when I FIRST started posting in this thread, 13 minutes straight is a HUGE deal for me because before I quit smoking I FAILED at doing week ONE! :laugh:
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am starting this today! I have been interested in it for awhile now and decided it was time to start. Tomorrow is my last day of the ChaLEAN Extreme program and my results have been awesome but now I want to move on to something other than strength training. I even got my dad involved!! I ran my first 5K in April with the time 33.49. I am running another 5k in July in honor of my Uncle who passed away 2 years ago of Lung Cancer and I want to actually enjoy running...It's a lot easier now that I have the energy too but it's not my favorite thing! I am excited to start this and hope to also shed the last few pounds I have to meet my goal! I'd love to get advice or any encouragement from those who have done this or are going through it, go ahead and add me.:smile: This is probably going to be tough for me but I know I can do anything I put my mind too!
  • robin52077
    Options
    That's great that you want to enjoy running more.

But if you have already done a 5K in just 33:49 then you don't NEED this program, you've already completed it!
    It's designed to take people like me, who can't jog a block, and slowly work them up to being able to jog a 5K.

After 2 months of doing this I am still at 44:00 for my best 5K, and still walking half of it.

So, you have succeeded before you've even started!
  • crking
    Options
    That's great that you want to enjoy running more.

But if you have already done a 5K in just 33:49 then you don't NEED this program, you've already completed it!
    It's designed to take people like me, who can't jog a block, and slowly work them up to being able to jog a 5K.

After 2 months of doing this I am still at 44:00 for my best 5K, and still walking half of it.

So, you have succeeded before you've even started!

yes I know that is a big accomplishment but the only way I made it through was because I had my bestfriend pushing me through it. I don't run for exercise...actually, I never run. I basically wanted to try a 5k out and just did it without any practice or anything. yes that time may be awesome BUT I'd love to enjoy running. I'd love to be able to do it as a daily exercise without wanting to quit. In reading a lot about the c25k it's not just for those who can't run or never ran. It will definitely help me be able to incorporate running all the time. I'm not really in it for the timing. I just want to increase my endurance to run. So i guess if anyone has any other program that would be better for me, I'd love to hear them!
  • robin52077
    Options
    wow! That was your first time running, with no training?!?!?!
    That is awesome!

Well, then, I think think in light of what you've said, this program WILL help you to enjoy running as a form of daily exercise, and become more comfortable with it.

Forget what I said, I was just jealous that you kicked my @ss without even trying!!! :laugh:
    :flowerforyou:
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Hi all! First off, congrats to everyone on their progress! It really is great to look back once you've gotten a bit further along in C25K and feel a sense of accomplishment!

A friend and I have been working on C25K together, and we're on week 5/6 ish. we've been modifying it a bit to fit our running needs, and recently we had been doing two 10 minute segments of running with 4 minutes of walking in between. Yesterday, we decided to just run as far as we could, and go from there with a second segment. Well not only did we run 20 minutes straight, but we did 25! it was a fantastic feeling looking back and thinking of when we struggled to do 8 one minute segments of running! I am so happy and proud of both of us! :)

so anyways, best of luck to all of you and stick with it!

Athina :)
  • crking
    Options
    Thanks Robin. I give all the credit to the no training thing to ChaLEAN Extreme. It whipped my body in to shape and I honestly think that is the only reason I could do the 5k. If I would have tried before the CE program, I wouldn't have even made it a mile.

and don't discouraged...you can do anything you can put your mind too!!!!:smile:
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Starting W1D3 tomorrow and then thursday I start W2. So fa so good. I also hope to run my first 5K at the end of July-if I'm ready by then!
  • crking
    Options
    did W1W1!!!! It was awesome..never knew I could sweat that much in such a short period of time! I really like the alternating between jogging and walking.. mixes things up a bit.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Starting week 2 day 1 today :tongue:
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Finished W5 D3 today - the dreaded 20 minute interval... :noway: It was quite a workout, but oh the sense of accomplishment!!! :bigsmile: