No Homo?

Options

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i laugh when people type that cause its so archaic. lol.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    I've never seen that statement before this post. I don't play in all the forums, though.

I will admit, I am still homophobic. I grew up in a very religious, very conservative community. I had never even heard the term "Gay" until I was 12. My opinions have changed dramatically in the last 25 years, but I refuse to watch Brokeback Mountain, and I have never seen an episode of Will & Grace. My wife, and I do watch The New Normal, though, I usually turn my head, and look away if it looks like they are going to kiss. That being said, I do believe in gay rights, and that same sex marriage should be legal. I don't hate gays, I just don't know any either, so I haven't gotten used to seeing any together.

Would you believe that I was quite homophobic for most of my life? WHILE I"M NOT SAYING ANY OF THIS APPLIES TO YOU, I was having a lot of trouble accepting my sexuality because I grew up in a household where being gay was unacceptable. I didn't come out until I was 30 and that was after six years of marriage. I wanted so badly to be straight to "fit in". But I couldn't fight nature. So I finally came out and accepted who I was. I'm so much the better for it.
    I can relate to this. I went through two failed marriages because I wanted to be straight so bad. I recently came out and now I'm starting to be Well me.

I'm so glad that you've finally come into your own. It's so much easier than fighting what can't be fought. Too many young gays end up depressed or even killing themselves because they can't accept themselves. Enjoy the rest of your life!
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    Maybe she's reevaluating the way she sees things. Or she's got a meeting with the other turtleneckers. Maybe they're planning to egg my house.

You can't be serious. Using eggs in that way would be a violation of chickens.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've never seen that statement before this post. I don't play in all the forums, though.

I will admit, I am still homophobic. I grew up in a very religious, very conservative community. I had never even heard the term "Gay" until I was 12. My opinions have changed dramatically in the last 25 years, but I refuse to watch Brokeback Mountain, and I have never seen an episode of Will & Grace. My wife, and I do watch The New Normal, though, I usually turn my head, and look away if it looks like they are going to kiss. That being said, I do believe in gay rights, and that same sex marriage should be legal. I don't hate gays, I just don't know any either, so I haven't gotten used to seeing any together.

Would you believe that I was quite homophobic for most of my life? WHILE I"M NOT SAYING ANY OF THIS APPLIES TO YOU, I was having a lot of trouble accepting my sexuality because I grew up in a household where being gay was unacceptable. I didn't come out until I was 30 and that was after six years of marriage. I wanted so badly to be straight to "fit in". But I couldn't fight nature. So I finally came out and accepted who I was. I'm so much the better for it.
    I can relate to this. I went through two failed marriages because I wanted to be straight so bad. I recently came out and now I'm starting to be Well me.

I'm so glad that you've finally come into your own. It's so much easier than fighting what can't be fought. Too many young gays end up depressed or even killing themselves because they can't accept themselves. Enjoy the rest of your life!
    Ty I agree all the way.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

I wish people would stop having identity complexes and were just proud of themselves...it'd make life so much easier and then groups wouldn't be associated with the loud weird ones because they're the only ones that speak up lol.
  • Gjallarhorn
    Options
    Maybe she's reevaluating the way she sees things. Or she's got a meeting with the other turtleneckers. Maybe they're planning to egg my house.

Used tampons then. It would fit with the feminist MO, come to think of it. I'd prefer chicken periods to..... that, though.
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    I wish people would stop having identity complexes and were just proud of themselves...it'd make life so much easier and then groups wouldn't be associated with the loud weird ones because they're the only ones that speak up lol.

It's not so easy when you're taught as a child how to think and act. It's hard to let go of those behaviors.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hate "No Homo."

Do women say "No Les" after complimenting each other? No? Men are so insecure.
    I have actually heard this once, unbelievably, and more girls than that say "no homo" to each other as well. : | And here you thought ladies were safe when it came to being affectionate...!

It makes me cringe every time someone actually says "no homo" out loud. Not even because it offends me as a queer person (I've pretty much tuned out that noise and dgaf for the most part because life is so boring if every little thing offends you) but seriously, are you really that tacky and insecure about your sexuality?

If anyone said it to me, I'd just be like, "Yes, homo. So much homo. All the homo in the world."

The only time I heard the phrase "no homo" was when another girl was complimenting me, but she passed by really quickly and I didn't get a chance to grab her *kitten* and reply with "Yes, homo. So much homo. All the homo in the world."
  • CoderGal
    Options

Tease eggs all you like, they're happy, they get laid and can take a yolk :tongue:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Why do people end a compliment with "no homo"? Because if you end the compliment with "homo", you get punched in the face.

Just kidding, hugs to everyone.
  • SeaRunner26
    Options

Tease eggs all you like, they're happy, they get laid and can take a yolk :tongue:

That joke was just fowl. :laugh:
  • CoderGal
    Options

It's not so easy when you're taught as a child how to think and act. It's hard to let go of those behaviors.

Oh I know, I've been around a few friends stories...It's the ones that will talk about it and admit they're 'confused' and 'don't know what they are' that confuse the hell out of me.
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    Why do people end a compliment with "no homo"? Because if you end the compliment with "homo", you get punched in the face.

Just kidding, hugs to everyone.

Don't touch me. (Turns away head.)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I've always been extremely irritated by that disclaimer. Sadly, I doubt the sort of folks who use it genuinely would understand why it was offensive. 15% homo, 85% hetero.
  • pagnostic
    Options
    Yes homo. Well, half, at least.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    So 50/50 homo lol
  • CoderGal
    Options

That joke was just fowl. :laugh:
    I hope that last one didn't fly over everyones head.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Which half, top or bottom?
  • Schellsisbacktoattack
    Options
    hahahaha....you made me laugh, that's funny! Thank you, I really don't know why people say that, you're right it is ridiculous. Years ago, my girlfriend dated this guy that used to say it, and I couldn't stop making fun of him because he sounded so ridiculous! LOL anyway, I am glad she broke up with him! LOL Anyway, I'm sorry the comment insults you; however people that are racist, prejudiced, or just dislike others for no reason besides color, sexual preference, religion, etc....they are just ignorant. Please do your self a favor and ignore their ignorant comments. Remember that we all do have freedom of speech, they are just using their freedom in a negative way. Anyway, some people are mean, but remember most people in this world are nice. it is nice to be nice. =)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I gotta say, that is pretty annoying.
    Reeks of insecurity as well.