frustrated with unresponsive boyfriend

Options

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I can see that certain posts are being deleted.

So now, not only do we have to be supportive of any one's diet plan, no matter how dangerous or ineffective, we also have to take their side in any relationship drama they choose to post in the wrong part of the forum.

So let me retract my previous stance:

I'm sure the only reason you haven't heard from him is because he's so busy ring shopping and asking your father for his blessing to marry you.

Happy now? Welcome to MFP. Where you have to support everyone, no matter what.

that's unkind and uncalled for

Like I said, I was unaware of the rule change that stated we have to take her side without even hearing his. Now that friends of mine have been banned for having a difference of opinion I'll change my tune.

Obviously she's wonderful. He HAS to be a cheating jerk even though we haven't heard his side at all. It's great that she posts the details of their relationship online without his knowledge.

MFP. Where whatever you do is right.

I dont ask you to be supportive and agree. I DO however ask that you dont troll and insult, and dont make assumptions about me. I dont even care about taking sides. But please don't come here just to be outright UNSUPPORTIVE and mean. and about hearing his side of the story: Hang on a moment while I send him a link to the entire conversation thread on here because then he's SURE to respond, RIGHT!? *sarcasm*.

In short: If you can't be nice then STFU.

HELLO MODS???

I sincerely hope that OP got at LEAST an email or warning for constantly telling people to GTFO or STFU. One of my friends got banned for calling her nagging, yet she continues to insult and use these terms. I guess THAT'S ok though, since it's her thread??
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    bump

(to get back to after logging weight and figuring out just what kind of workout my trainer just put me through for logging purposes).
    This is still a fitness site, no? Anyhoe check out my ridiculous questions on health and fitness to try to describe the exercises I did, probably gonna include pics cos I love those so just sayin'.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options

So now, not only do we have to be supportive of any one's diet plan, no matter how dangerous or ineffective, we also have to take their side in any relationship drama they choose to post in the wrong part of the forum.

I'm sure the only reason you haven't heard from him is because he's so busy ring shopping and asking your father for his blessing to marry you.

Like I said, I was unaware of the rule change that stated we have to take her side without even hearing his. Now that friends of mine have been banned for having a difference of opinion I'll change my tune.

Obviously she's wonderful. He HAS to be a cheating jerk even though we haven't heard his side at all. It's great that she posts the details of their relationship online without his knowledge.

What?... Banned because they did not agreed with the OP? This Thread? Because this thread is "mild" compared to some I've seen. Well, I hope not, but if it happened I'm sorry to hear that. Variety of opinions is on of the things that creates change and great minds, it is conductive to meditating on the problem so change and decisions can be achieved. :ohwell:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    She's a wonderful girl and I can't believe he won't return her calls.

*please don't strike me again*
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

I dont ask you to be supportive and agree. I DO however ask that you dont troll and insult, and dont make assumptions about me. I dont even care about taking sides. But please don't come here just to be outright UNSUPPORTIVE and mean. and about hearing his side of the story: Hang on a moment while I send him a link to the entire conversation thread on here because then he's SURE to respond, RIGHT!? *sarcasm*.

In short: If you can't be nice then STFU.

HELLO MODS???

I sincerely hope that OP got at LEAST an email or warning for constantly telling people to GTFO or STFU. One of my friends got banned for calling her nagging, yet she continues to insult and use these terms. I guess THAT'S ok though, since it's her thread??

Really, I'm insulting by asking people to not put me down any further? By requesting that if you can't say anything nice, or if you MUST say something rude, to not contribute at all? SOmetimes the only language trolls understand is vulgar language.

So if I've insulted you, I do appologize. But as you can see, I've already had a bad day and I don't need ignorant people who have nothing better to do than to be rude. So kindly keep your opinions to yourself if you are going to automatically assume that I am clingy or compare me to the overly attached girlfriend meme(when Ive already stated that I havent sent a text or called more than once a day).
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    OP, I do suggest you try to have more of a sense of humor in the future. Many of the comments you took great issue with were humorous and meant to be lighthearted. The more you freak out about people keeping a comical viewpoint instead of just telling you what you want to hear, the more you are going to seem a little bit crazy, thus proving the assertions of such.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    We can file this under "jilted lover DID NOT hear what she wanted from MFP".
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OP - the whole stooping to their level to make them understand attitude is just silly and an excuse. I think you need to step away from the internet for a bit. Really. And just know that when you put your problems on a public forum - you are asking for all kinds of opinions and advice..both positive and negative.

You are right. We don't know you or the situation..another reason NOT to put relationship problems on the interwebs.

My advice - either way to talk to your bf and sort this out or break up.....and never ever again put your relationship problems online because overall - a relationship is between you and the other person. Not you, the other person and a bunch of people whom you hope will give you sympathy over something that could easily be "told" in a way that puts you in the right.
  • Reza151
    Options
    -_- I ask for honest opinions, not insults. Light-hearted is okay but really if I'm already having a crappy day, why try to make it worse?

I already stated that i've been considering before i eevn posted this to let him come to me and if i dont hear back from him, to move on. But sometimes it's easier to acept something when we hear others say it to us as well.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    :angry:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

close, but I think it may be missing a rainbow and a unicorn.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I was going to write in to Dear Abby, but now that I see MFP is really personal relationship advice site, why waste the piece of paper and stamp. Here goes...

My husband blah, blah, blab...

What should I do?

Just break up.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    -_- I ask for honest opinions, not insults. Light-hearted is okay but really if I'm already having a crappy day, why try to make it worse?

I already stated that i've been considering before i eevn posted this to let him come to me and if i dont hear back from him, to move on. But sometimes it's easier to acept something when we hear others say it to us as well.

People can't make you feel bad/worse without your consent. Choose to not let the comments you didn't like hurt your feeeelings.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

close, but I think it may be missing a rainbow and a unicorn.

tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_400.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I don't care.
  • Reza151
    Options
    "":a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you."

My appologies people. I see that indeed I was wrong to respond in the way I did to some of the posts. SO by all rights, I SHOULD be banned. I'll own up to it. Mods, feel free to lock this topic as it's obviously gone way off track. It was meant for venting, and to see if my concern was reasonable but its gotten out of hand
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Drop him on his *kitten*. You deserve someone who thinks about you and is willing to put in the time and energy for you the same way you would for them. Why settle for less?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Yes we've had "the talk". He wanted the relationship before i did. He tried to hold my hand on the first date but i brushed it away. I was waiting on me to commit, not the other way around. And it probably doesnt mean much, but on facebook, his relationship status is with me (hard to lie to the world about your relationship status if it's on your facebook that you have a girlfriend).

To all of you trolls: **** you. Really there is no call for your insults and rudeness. Seriously. Learn a bit of ****ing respect.
    Well there's the problem. You're giving him mixed signals.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Sounds to me like the classic high school maneuver of ignore you until you confront him and he breaks up with you. Hate to say it, but it's what it sounds like to me.

This is what it is, 100%
This discussion has been closed.