frustrated with unresponsive boyfriend

Options

Replies

• rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    There comes a time in every new relationship where you just plain old run out of **** to talk about.

It happens even quicker for couples that are forced to text or email for their primary form of communication.

The communication cliff would've probably claimed my long-distance relationship with my wife when we were dating if I hadn't made the conscious effort to drive 4 hours out to see her every weekend for 6 months straight until she decided to move in with me.
  • tc6952
    tc6952 Posts: 14
    Options
    She's a wonderful girl and I can't believe he won't return her calls.

close, but I think it may be missing a rainbow and a unicorn.

tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_400.gif

That is the funniest F'ing thing I ever seen!!! Awesome! Permission to reuse?
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Does HE know you two are dating?
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I am being lazy and posting without reading all 5 pages. You want to get his attention...starts doing you, hang with your girls and don't text or call. You will see how much he cares.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the other posters on this one. usually when guys don't respond to a ladies message or calls it means they are thinking of breaking up or that they are to clingy and needy and want their space. I have 3 step brothers so I know. that is how they were with their ex girlfriends. they tried to get their little sister me to do their dirty work but I said no be men and do it yourself.

I would not contact him and move on with your life in all honesty.
  • dontgiveup8
    Options
    TRUST ME JUST STOP TRYING TO TEXT OR CALL HIM AND WAIT FOR HIM TO MAKE THE MOVE. iF HE DOESNT THEN THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED. DONT KEEP PRESSURING HIM INTO TALKING TO YOU BECAUSE IT WILL PUSH HIM AWAY. HE MAY HAVE SOMETHING GOING ON HES ASHAMED TO TELL YOU.

gIVE HIM SOME TIME AND SEE IF HE CALLS YOU
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I had the SAME SITUATION. Long story short, he was banging several girls.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the spark is gone. Hard to know since you say he won't respond to you, but if it were me, I'd stop trying to connect with him and move on. If he wants you, he'll come back. But I wouldn't be sitting by the phone waiting for him.

^EXACTLY^

And just because his ex cheated on him, no matter how upset or hurt he was about it, he could still be cheating. I have an ex husband to prove it.

True. My last ex was cheated on by his previous gf and he always vowed up and down that he would never cheat. Guess why I broke up with him?
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    nah im not waiting around for him. I wasnt even expecting to have valentine's day plans with him since we just saw each other. My plan was to go to the gym tonight. ZUMBA! Get the body that will make him mad that he is leaving ;-)
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    You've only been dating this guy for 5 months.....

Just break up.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    There comes a time in every new relationship where you just plain old run out of **** to talk about.

It happens even quicker for couples that are forced to text or email for their primary form of communication.

The communication cliff would've probably claimed my long-distance relationship with my wife when we were dating if I hadn't made the conscious effort to drive 4 hours out to see her every weekend for 6 months straight until she decided to move in with me.

That's a good point.
  • Wickedone1973
    Options
    I think it has been said enough in this thread, but MOVE ON!!!
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Does HE know you two are dating?

^^This. Exactly. :huh:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bet he's becoming less responsive to get you to start seeing other people because he is not the type to do break ups well.
    It's just a guess and I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I'm reading in your description.

Honey, there are lots of fish in the sea for you to settle for a sorry old "crappy."
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is sad. He didn't respond take a hint. HE IS NOT THAT INTO YOU. If he was, he would make time to reach out to you.

OP, move on, its not the end of the world it happens... also stop texting and calling maybe he just needs space.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Every single time a guy has gone a couple days or more without texting/emailing or whatever, he's either been cheating on me or isn't into me anymore. The same is true of all of my friends. A friend of mine just went through this with her now-ex. He was really evasive, and she finally broke it off. He didn't even respond to her break-up email (she would have told him in person if he had ever gotten back to her).

"Busy" is no excuse. Nobody is too busy to send a text message or email. It takes ten seconds. Even when I worked full-time, went to school full-time, and took dance lessons, I STILL had time to email my boyfriend or send him a text every so often during the day. We were long-distance for a long time. I can think of one day in our three years together that he was honestly too busy to get a hold of me, and I knew about it in advance, so it was no biggie.

I'm sorry. :( I would just stop sending him texts/emails and see if he gets back to you. If he doesn't contact you within a couple of days, then it really is over.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hes not the cheating type. His ex cheated on him with his best friend and hés the type to be blunt and honest. He shows he cares when we're together. Like when he helped me move, since i dont have a car, he took me grocery shopping and he wouldnt let me pay for my own groceries (he has a steady job whereas I have only had luck with temp jobs and I have more bills to pay than him). He literally stepped in front of me and swiped his credit card. When I was down that my friend who I was getting a ride with to go to a mutual's friend birthday gathering in Fredericksburg, VA (inaccessible via public transit on weekends and 1 hour and 45 minutes from me), he offered to pick me up in Springfield metro station and drive me, even though it was out of the way.

I know I may just be being needy; lately my self esteem has been down since Ive been over eating and even tried to purge for the first time in a few months a few days ago. Perhaps I am overreacting. It wouldn't bother me so much though if this is how he normally was.

Ive tried confronting him but he hasnt answered my phone calls.

I would just stop calling him , if he wants you in his life then he will call you.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I suggest that you read Steve Harvey's book: Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man. He speaks from a man's perspective. Interesting book. You can get it off of amazon.com or at your local library

Amazon's description is found here:

Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man Movie Tie-in Edition: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment [Paperback] Steve Harvey (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Like-Lady-Think-Movie-Tie-/dp/0062190989/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360876391&sr=1-1&keywords=act+like+a+lady,+think+like+a+man

I've been where you are with these type of guys and believe me, they are not going to suddenly become attentive. For whatever reason, he may have become bored with the relationship but does not have the guts to tell you. This happened to me. I was with a guy and things went well and then, he stopped seeing me, wouldn't return my calls, etc. The more I pursued him, The more I pushed him away and made him angry. He finally wrote me a nasty, threatening letter to end it. Listen to the others when they say to let him go and move on. You don't want him to lash out at you. There are plenty of other fish in the sea. You deserve so much more.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the spark is gone. Hard to know since you say he won't respond to you, but if it were me, I'd stop trying to connect with him and move on. If he wants you, he'll come back. But I wouldn't be sitting by the phone waiting for him.

^EXACTLY^

And just because his ex cheated on him, no matter how upset or hurt he was about it, he could still be cheating. I have an ex husband to prove it.

My ex's girlfriend told me the guy she used to live with cheated on her. That didn't stop her from sleeping with my husband.

Go out with some friends and have fun tonight. F him.

ETA that husband is the ex.
This discussion has been closed.