Wii Team For April ( Fit, Fit+, EA, BL, Etc..)

Options

Replies

• capturethemoments3
    Options
    Hi, So I unlocked expert boxing. my one and only attempt gave me 1007. I will improve I hope. I still really suck at skateboarding. I was only able to get a 61. Thats my high so far. pathetic. any way it was fun. Last time I did the advance Island bike and did it in a little under 4 miles. So today I did the island tour in around 3.5 miles so next time I will try the expert. I have yet to be able to unlock the 10 minutes on super hula hoop but I didn't work on that today. I hope you are all having a great Wii week.

Way to go on unlocking expert boxing! 1007 is still a good score, and remember at least you are doing it! I am not that great at skateboarding either, I definitely cannot get to the 100 mark! I like the island tour biking but on the advanced biking I cannot find that last flag. I went for so long it asked if I just wanted to save my credits. I am going to try that one again this week.

Keep it up everyone, April is almost over!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I took a day off from the Wii yesterday since my cousin was having a birthday dinner at a yummy Mexican place. I let myself indulge a little and had a Corona beer and fajitas and some chips and salsa. Soooooo worth it though. I haven't eaten anything unhealthy since Easter 2 weeks ago. I tried to put lots of veggies and chicken in the fajitas, but I can't resister guacamole, cheese and sour cream. I did my Wii this morning and burned 250 calories. That's the most ever in 30 minutes of EA Sports Active. My More Workouts came in the mail today so I'll probably start that tomorrow. I'm going to the National Zoo in DC (also for the cousin's birthday) so that'll be lots and lots of walking around, while seeing cute animals! Perfect workout :) I hope everyone's weekends are going well!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

TwentyTen-Thanks for keeping this thread going this month. I've scanned the post and it's great to see so many new faces and see the old ones are still here too.

DD is off crutches now, but we still have to do an hour of exercises and other stuff every day. I've been able to get on my Wii Fit Plus here and there for 10-20 minutes, but that's about it. We have been swimming alot.

Hope to be back posting with all of you soon.

JAM
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Great to see You JAM. Glad to hear your DD is making progress, she is lucky to have you seeing her through this.:heart: Surely all will progress smoothly with the dedication you are putting in.

Just got off my Wii. I failed to make my goal this week all. I was a terrible slack for a few days with the exercise and went HUGELY over on calories one day. The work stress just got to me, or I should say, I let it get to me. My Sunday weigh in will surely reflect the bad week I had, but I am ready to face the music. Back at it starting today, and sticking to it this week!
    I did a 148 on the skateboarding!! I did the expert chicken flying thing for the first time and found it more fun than the advanced without being much harder. Boxing score was good too, 1336!
    I am open to other competitions in pretty much any other games, even if I suck at 'em. :laugh:

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Mine has been hectic, but it sure beats working!
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    I haven't checked in in a while but I have been keeping up with my Wii! I have been getting in close to an hour each day, sometimes more. Today I did the advanced boxing for the first time in a while and I got 1324! I guess sometimes a break from it helps :) I have also been practicing up on my skateboarding and FINALLY unlocked the advanced level but I have yet to try it...

Good job everyone and keep it up!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I spent an hour biking around the island today on "Expert" I found 18 of the 20 flags before it made me stop. It told me I ran out of time. I was having so much fun. I flew thru the advanced and the island tour but the expert got the best of me. I also got a 1104 on boxing and tried the 10 minutes of hula hooping for the first time. it was tough but I did it. Keep on Wii ing. :happy:
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I finally got my EA Sports Active More Workouts in the mail on Saturday, and I tried it out for the first time today. So far here's my impression of it.

- The 6 Week Challenge is set up better than the 30 Day Challenge in the original. Instead of forcing you into a 2 workout days, 1 rest day pattern, you pick 4 days of the week to workout and the rest of the days are rest days. This is perfect for me since I do the gym on Tues. and Thurs. and rest Friday or Sunday.

- The workouts definitely kept my heart rate up. There was a really fun obstacle course that had a good mixture of exercises built into it. And the jump rope (faux jump rope, just jump and turn the controller) was HARD! I had to take a break after doing that twice in the game. There's also a built in warm up and cool down. I'm not sure if I'll do those every time, but they're useful. I burned 167 calories in about 27 minutes, but at least 5 of those minutes was a warm up/cool down. I'm starting on the medium level for this 6 week challenge. Hard would definitely be too hard for now.

- There are ab workouts in this version of the game. There isn't a huge selection, but the one exercise it had me do today reminded me how weak my ab muscles are. Hopefully this improves them, I might need to start doing crunches on a daily basis or something.

- The new sports games are fun. I mentioned the obstacle course that I really enjoyed. The boxing/sparring is more interactive now. There's water skiing now and squash and maybe others. So far this game did a good job of working my muscles and had my heart going for the 20 minutes. I definitely like it better than the original. It also focuses on a different area each of the 4 workout days. Cardio, upper body, lower body, overall. Today was overall and it did a good job of covering everything.

Tomorrow I'm trying out Zumba. It looks fun and there are some people at work getting together to do the DVDs in the auditorium. It'll be a good cardio workout for the day.
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    00trayn : I just finished my 6 week challenge yesterday!! woo hoo ( it took me longer than 6 weeks though) But i LOVED the programs and the way it changed it up each day. I couldn't make it through the "skipping" rope the first few times either, I think I took a breather at about 75! and then I switched my settings from Med. to Hard after the first or second week and then you have to do 150 jumps!! OMG, i was dying! I still got out of breath dong it yesterday on my last day, but at least i was making it thru them, and the "stride jumps" are killer too! LOL. The only thing I stopped doing was the push ups b/c it really hurt my wrists (i've always had problems with them) but the great thing is you can just "un-check" things on the screen when it shows you the breakdown of the exercises for the day. I am planning on continuing to use this game as my main workout using the pre-set workouts and some of my own. I LOVE the step aerobics using the balance board on there. I get a really good workout doing it and i got a step riser to increase the intensity, too. I loved the squash game but never got my trophy for making it all the way thru the rally without missing a ball, i think my highest rally was 66. there's 90 possible on the hard level i think. Anyways, good luck and i know you will enjoy it better the the original!
  • 00trayn
    Options
    Thanks shellgib! I didn't know you can uncheck things. I might have to do that with the warm up or cool down. I don't really get anything out of those. I'm excited to keep going with it, plus I do the gym or another workout twice a week so I'm mixing it up. I don't have a balance board, and I'm trying to cut back on my spending, so I won't be getting that for a while. I've found it's fine without the balance board. I think I'll stick to the first challenge on Medium. I can't imagine 150 for skipping... plus I want something to do after I finish this so I'm not bored with the game. Moving up to hard keeps it going for another 6 weeks.
  • WiiONEDERLANDWii
    Options
    Hi Wii Team Friends,
    I won't go into details on why I left mfp a few weeks ago (it's old news, hehe)...but it sure is good to be back amongst other Wii users.
    I hope you have all been doing well since I was last here. I seen a few new names on the team.

I'm still going at it with my Walk It Out game. I have walked over 82 miles now and still having fun finding little event capsules (although there's not too many left, hehe)
    My WiiFitPlus and Just Dance games are also going fine. Still kicking butt on the 10 minute Super Hula Hoop hehe and my dancing skills are getting better each week too.

I just bought The Biggest Loser game and have worked that into a new weekly exercise routine.
    I decided against starting the challenges (4, 8 or 12 weeks)..because of my other Wii exercises BUT I did customize two awesome circuit training workouts that kicked my butt yesterday.

36 minute Cardio Circuit training routine.
    March x 2 mins
    Side Steps x 2 mins
    Basic Slip x 2 mins
    Jog x 2 mins
    Standing Jack x 2 mins
    Slip Upper Cut x 2 mins
    Low Side Step x 2 mins
    Tire Jumps x 2 mins
    Butt Kicks x 2 mins
    (Repeat Circuit)

10 minute Upper Body Circuit training routine (using dumbbells)
    Arm Raises x 1 min
    Cross Arm Stretch x 1 min
    Standing Punches x 1 min
    Tricep Stretch x 1 min
    Wood Chop x 1 min
    (Repeat Circuit)

I'm still using my stretch bands during my Walk It Out game and I just bought a Altus Earth fitness ball w/ sand fill that I will be using 3 days weekly on my Biggest Loser days.

I was able to reach my 10% total body weight lost goal (28.3lbs) on the 10th of this month and then I reach my 30lb loss mini goal this past weekend. I'm now going to be weighing in every two weeks, instead of weekly, so my next weighin will be May 1st.
    I've also lost a total of 20 inches now...yeahhh.

WTG...tfrank319 and rjadams on those boxing scores and for trying the 10 minute super hula hoop.. That's awesome.
    I haven't read many post yet, but will try to get in some reading later this morning.

hope you all have a great day :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    Options
    welcome back Lisa and way to go on your goals. 20 inches wow.
    So I am torn between starting hte 60 day challenge on EA More or finishing my second 30 day challenge. I am at day 13. I hate leaving things undone. what to do :ohwell:
  • swtonu2000
    swtonu2000 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm new to MFP, still learning the site & setting up my profile. I was looking for some threads to join when I came across this one. I use my Wii 5 times a week I use the EA sports active various routines during the week, & the Wii fit Plus & Gold's Cardio Blast for 30 minutes each on the weekend. The Wii on top of my time in the gym has help me with my energy levels. I'm going to start the 30 day challenge on EA sports Active on Monday (YIKES). Wish me luck!

Ronda:heart:
  • odessa_raven
    Options
    Hey everyone! I haven't been here in a little while, mostly because I had a mini-vacation. I'm still doing Walk It Out pretty regularly, though I'm starting to wish for a treadmill so I could truly WALK instead of marching in place. Besides that I'm still enjoying it and I'm noticing my step counts are going up a bit within the same time frame.
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    Glad to see so many new posts today! Good job everyone on keeping up with that wii. Today I only did 30 minutes, I just didn't have the desire to do an hour. I figure this is okay since it's my day off work and I am going into work and the fact that I haven't missed a wii day in a week. I would rather cut my time down for a day then give up completely because it isn't fun anymore! I did manage to get one step away from a perfect march again today, so that made me happy.

Keep it up everyone!
  • alywagner
    alywagner Posts: 25
    Options
    Just got a Wii just for the Wii Fit Plus last week. I started to gain some weight back when I got bored with my exercise routine and quit smoking. I got a really cool heart rate watch and calorie counter and am ready to go. Last night I did 25 minutes on my exercise bike and 25 minutes on the Wii. It felt really good.

Starting weight – 256 (December 08)
    Current weight – 174 (April 19th 2010)
    Ultimate Goal weight – 140
    June 9th Florida vacation goal – 160

Weekly goal – 2lb

123326.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • 00trayn
    Options
    Welcome Ronda! I love my EA Sports Active! I completed a 30 Day Challenge and started doing a second before I bought EA Sports Active More Workouts and switched to the 6 Week Challenge on that. The 30 Day Challenge is great, no need to be scared! You can make it as intense as you want it to be. If you're not at a moderately active level yet, start on Easy or Medium intensity. If you find it to be easy after the first few days, move up to Medium or Hard depending on where you started. I did my first challenge on Medium, I started the second on Hard and now I'm doing the 6 Week Challenge on Medium (Hard would kick my butt too much to start with). Let us know how it goes for you!
  • rjadams
    Options
    so I decided to finish the 30 day challenge. I like to complete things. Then I will do the 60. I did 10 min hula again and got a little lower than my first attempt. I did boxing twice and didn't better my score. but is sure is fun. I was afraid to start the expert biking agian because I didn't really have a full hour to spend on it and like I said, I like to complete things. I hope every one has a great Wii day.
  • 00trayn
    Options
    Rjadams: That sounds like a good plan. Day 13 is more than halfway thru the 30 Day Challenge. It'll help build up your strength and stamina to finish and then start the 6 Week Challenge. It's definitely harder than the 30 Day one. I just switched from one to the other and the first workout kicked my butt on Medium!

I just got back from doing a Zumba DVD with some women at my work. So much fun! I like dancing so this was a great way to burn weight. It gave me a good ab workout since I don't do abs nearly as much as I should. I might start taking a class at the community center on Saturday mornings.
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I just finished my Wii workout for the day. The 6 Week Challenge workout today only last 17 minutes and burned 107 calories, and I was in the mood for more. Unlike the previous version, More Workouts has an overall 10 minute or 15 minute workout that burns over 100 calories for it. That's exactly what I need for when the Challenge workout isn't intense enough for me. I did the 15 minute one and burned another 134 calories. I felt great, even though it was some intense cardio for the entire middle of it. I managed to keep up through the obstacle course, the stride jumps (120 of them!!!), and an 80 volley squash. I LOVE squash, by the way. Better than tennis on the last one.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well with your Wii-ing today. I'm off to make a smoothie for dinner. I just bought some protein powder to add to it.
  • rjadams
    Options
    So back on the Island expert tour. I finished it in 10.47 miles. I unlocked free ride. no improvement on boxing or hula hoop but at least I am burning those calories. I am feeling good about my decision to complet my second 30 day challenge since it is set on Hard. I am looking forward to the 60 day challenge but if I get a new game I may put it on hold for a while. Happy Wii-ing everybody!!!