Wii Team For April ( Fit, Fit+, EA, BL, Etc..)

Options

Replies

• capturethemoments3
    Options
    Good job everyone!! Keep it up :)

Wednesday was an awesome wii day for me, I got a lot of my high scores :) Rhythm Kung Fu I got a 760, 1325 on the expert boxing, 1325 on rhythm parade (it was a perfect march). I also did fairly well, at least for me, on hula and skateboarding. On skateboarding I got my high score of 94, I just can't turn fast enough!! I just started doing the hula so I started out with the regular one which is pretty short. I will move to a harder one today, but I got a 320 which I think is okay. How are all of you doing? TwentyTen I haven't heard those boxing scores in a while, keep it up!

Well my goal today is to get in an hour of Wii plus 30 minutes of either free step or free bicycle. Not sure which one yet.
  • alywagner
    alywagner Posts: 25
    Options
    After having gone a while without daily exercise it has been a great first week using my new Wii Fit Plus. I have been burning a good amount of calories (about 600 a day) and haven’t gotten bored. I actually have been getting excited to go home and workout. I hope I am able to stick to this to lose the rest of the weight. Hopefully it will pay off when I stand on the scale next week.

123326.png
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Glad to see so many are still posting here.

I've been getting on the Wii Fit Plus just 1-2 times a week, but I've added 1 pound wrist weights to up the intensity.

Have a great Sunday evening,

JAM
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Loving my WiiFit+, esp with the family!

I have no balance what-so-ever, but boy is it a blast to compete against the kids! They're awesome:happy:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've been mostly keeping up with my 6 Week Challenge for my More Workouts game. After cutting down on my sodium intake, I'm seeing the weight loss from this week. I suspect I'll be down another pound when I weigh tomorrow morning. I definitely want to get in some extra exercise this week since I'm going to be visiting Cornell this weekend. I'll be gone fri-sun, and I'll be drinking. I'm gonna try to keep the food reasonable and pick lower calorie drink, but still have fun. One of my best friends is finally turning 21 so it'll be a partyyyy
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    Good morning everyone:

My name is jewel and I have been doing the EA Active 30 day challenge (on easy) throughout April, and have just 3 days left. I don't know how many inches I've lost, but did lose 8 lbs this month. I am considering getting the Your Shape, free weights, a stability ball and resistance bands in the next week or so. Has anyone here used the Your Shape and how did you find it? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Is there something that you might recommend instead? Thanks for all of your input.

Cheers
    jewel
  • Kiiradee
    Kiiradee Posts: 12
    Options
    im new to MFP and im going to join i want to say ill do at least 20 minutes on my wii fit or wii fitness games a day , i already do close to three hours of other cardio exercises a day so 20 minutes at least and ill be happy!
  • hooah_mj
    Options
    im new to MFP and im going to join i want to say ill do at least 20 minutes on my wii fit or wii fitness games a day , i already do close to three hours of other cardio exercises a day so 20 minutes at least and ill be happy!
    Welcome Kiiradee, you'll love this site!
    We love our Wii at this thread...glad you're aboard...
  • Plwarder
    Plwarder Posts: 30
    Options
    I have not used my wii fit since January. But I do play the wii resort several times a week. I jump on a mini trampoline while playing tennis or boxing. It really get my heart rate up and gives me a good sweat. I don't know how many calories I burn but I normally just log it as jogging in place and just put less time than what I actually did. It is my goal to get back into the wii fit as well. I was doing the yoga every morning until it started hurting my back. Then I kind of just gave it up, so I need to get back at it. Now that my scale is actually moving down and I might see my Mii shrink in size, it might be nice. I was not happy when it made my Mii round and plump and told me I was overweight. That should have been my wake-up call then. But now I'm on this site and it is working for me so far, so I should give my wii fit a shot again.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    GREAT!!!!! I use my wii along with going to a fitness bootcamp 2 days a week...

I'm always on my wii fit but i dont know how to add that to my exercise diary or how many calories I actually burn ... ( Sorry I'm knew to the site)... I did lose 5lbs just doing wiii alone last month

Hey jashen , glad you can join us. After I got an HRM, I found that I was burning at least 200 more calories than the Wii was telling me. I really don't know what is the best way to add it to the diary either. I just go with circuit training and enter in my time and calories burned. Congrats on the 5 lbs in one month, sounds about perfect! Me too, been here two months, and I am down 10. Lets just keep that trend going!!

I don't know if anyone already mentioned this as I have not ready every response, but you could just make your own exercise.

Just go to the "Exercise" tab, then "My Exercises" and then "Create Exercise". Name your exercise and input how long & how many calories were burned. Hope this helps! =]
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and happy Tuesday!

I actually got on the Wii two days in a row! I hope this means I will be able to get regular exercise again. My weight hasn't changed any since my DD's surgery in March which is good as it means I didn't put any weight back on. She is off crutches and walking again already. I hope to be back on the Wii on a regular basis in May.

JAM
  • laura_lulu_143
    Options
    When your done working out on the wii, your wii bank should tell you how long you worked out that day and how many calories you burned. Just click the add exercise button and manually enter it, just like you would with your food. I add in my wii fit plus calories this way!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Okay I am getting better but still not very good. 1199 is my new high on boxing. 86 is my new high on skateboarding I got new highs on Kung fu rythm and on super hula hoop too. And I sweat. I love it. tomorrow is my last day on my second 30 day challange on hard so I will start the 60 day challenge next week. Not sure if I will go for medium or hard first. I am so much stronger now I just don't know. Happ Wiiing.
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have a Wii Fit and Active. I am working out with Wii 4 times a week plus a bike ride or two if possible with all the rain we are having in Northern California. Happy to reconnect with the group and look forward to reading all the April posts.

Lianne:flowerforyou:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Okay I am getting better but still not very good. 1199 is my new high on boxing. 86 is my new high on skateboarding I got new highs on Kung fu rythm and on super hula hoop too. And I sweat. I love it. tomorrow is my last day on my second 30 day challange on hard so I will start the 60 day challenge next week. Not sure if I will go for medium or hard first. I am so much stronger now I just don't know. Happ Wiiing.

I love the 6 Week Challenge in More Workouts. I thought that Medium might be the right level for me, but I've done a week and I'm realizing that it's too short of a workout. They rarely take more than 20 minutes and I'm ready for more afterwards. I've been doing the 15 minute workout that in the preset workouts and that's a great addition. I burn 130+ calories during those 15 minutes. You should try starting on Medium. I'm tempted to move up to hard and see how that goes. My endurance has been getting much better lately so it might be worth it for the longer workout.
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I want to jump on the wii team. I got the wii fit plus for my b day in jan, & have only used in once. :grumble:
  • bslclay
    bslclay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I need to be a part of this forum! I asked for the Wii fit for Chistmas and was lucky enough to get it.. I have only used it a handful of times. I could use some support and motivation....
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So I did my best on boxing today. 1278, I know it isn;t record material but I am feeling good about it.
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    So I did my best on boxing today. 1278, I know it isn;t record material but I am feeling good about it.

WOOHOOO! That is a fantastic score!!! Surely you deserve to feel good about getting there!! Tonight I landed a score about 1240. And you pulled off the 10 minute hula! ? Whew.. I still am way to scared to even attempt it. Six minutes slays me.

I have been out of it my friends, I'm sorry. A whole 10 days without Wii-ing. I don't know what happened but after 80 days here, sticking to the exercise and diet and slowly but surely making steady progress , and I just fell - boom- crash- bleh
    The job stress has been ridiculous , life getting in the way, too much going on, emotionally , mentally drained etc...and i just couldn't get motivated. In those 10 days I gained back a pound and a half , noooooooo. So, I am back .Finally tonight, although as has been usual lately , I did not want to, i made myself get up and do it, got in my full hour and a good sweat. Now, just to keeep at it. I am enjoying the 10 + lbs lost and I do want to see that 20!!! Surely don;t like seeing any of it coming back. No No No.:noway:

I have checked in and seeing everybody's dedication and sticking to it has helped me get off my behind, so thank you all for being here and DOING it!! :drinker:

Welcome new faces,Plwarder, jewelinvic, adoucet, hungreeteacher1,Kiiradee, and bslclay!! Wow!! Super to see the gang growing. And good to see you Lianne95519! Glad you can join us. And good to see your back too Lisa.:flowerforyou: Sorry if I missed anyone, I haven't had a chance to read everything i missed, but I am catching up.. And JAM, good to see you are still finding some time to keep at it!

If ya'll see me not posting for a few days , do me a favor and give me a good swift kick will ya?

I believe I am still highest scorer on the skateboarding, but again I tried the advanced level today and .. bombed.:bigsmile:

Hard to believe April is almost over already. Keep it up everyone!!
  • hooah_mj
    Options
    Wonderful Wii Weekend! I think I burn more cals laughing hysterically at the kids trying to out do each other............
    My balance is far from stable, but I've improved significantly in the past month!

The doggies are slimmin' up right along with the rest of the family:laugh:

Hope everyone had a blast of a weekend!
    C-ya'll in a week....off to DC:tongue: