5 Pounds A Month April 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    So much is going on! Terri, I hope you feel better soon and Happy Anniversary!

Everyone's posts are so inspiring and such a microcosm of the whole process - injury, grief, frustration, joy, pride, success- all of it. And it's true, it's about the process.

I have nothing important to say, but wanted to check in.
  • sala46
    sala46 Posts: 5
    Options
    Im new to this! second day!! and I need all the incentive I can get sounds good to me!!.....:happy:
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Terri, Seventeenlucky, and RJ, Happy Anniversary! May you enjoy many more. I believe in marriage. Jenn, Keep on working on that guy. He's overlooking a real treasure.

Jacque
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Before
    (Easter 08) after this picture was taken I added about 15 lbs
    DSC00383.jpg

During
    (October 09) My daughters Birthday party
    PA110188.jpg

Found an old picture that I wanted to share. WOW! I didn't think I was very big before I just wanted to be healthy but looking at an old photo of myself I was shocked. I really have come a long way. Not as impressive as some pictures on here I have seen but 30 lbs is 30 lbs!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Hello all, hope you are having a wonderful week so far! I joined this about 2weeks ago, I weigh in every Sunday morning and I lost 4lbs as of this past Sunday!! I think I'll make it! Last week I walked to my local Walmart one day (2miles total) and then Home Depot another day(another 2miles total) and then my mall which is another 2miles total (not including whatever the amount was that I walked in the mall, not just to and from). I'm making it my goal to walk at least 5 miles a week which should help.

I cut out soda and sugars (except natural ones of course) and I now only drink water. My food choices have more fruits and veggies AND they are smaller portions. I don't eat fast food at all now and I'm feeling soo much better!! Not to mention, I start my new job tomorrow (Rural King, grand opening in about 2weeks) and I"m nervous as I haven't had a job in 11months, but I'm not over-eating like I used to when I was nervous. Soo yay me :)

You all are doing wonderful and thank you all again for the support I see you give to each other, it makes newer people like me feel comfortable here.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, just sitting here recovering from surgery and the Flu decided to come visit me yesterday and if that wasn't bad enough.....TOM made a visit this afternoon! I can't even lift my head off the pillow!

Well, I've gained 2 pounds from being in bed for the past 5 days with no activity. Also, I'm soooo bloated from the pain meds and TOM. Maybe if I could have a bowel movement I'd lose those 2 pounds in a jiffy! It's been 5 days!!!!

Talk to you later!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Okay so today I put on my really good, (read expensive) save them for special stuff jeans. They are still really nice and dark and not worn. Calvin Kleins. And they are TOO BIG!!!!!! I guess they will become hang out jeans. I am happy I am losing but bummed about my good jeans. Guess I just can't be happy.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Wow Jen! LOOKING GOOD!:love:

Terri
  • rjadams
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everybody!!

Let's rock this week I know you all can really do it. I feel really good today.

I got my very early birthday present yesterday and can't wait to put it to good use today. I got a Polar FT7 HRM. Now I don't have to do all of my exercise on the treadmill anymore to get my heartrate I can just use the treadmill as a treadmill. ( I probably looked silly doing aerobics on the treadmill but it was the only way I could get a heart rate)

Have a great day, I sure plan to.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everybody!!

Let's rock this week I know you all can really do it. I feel really good today.

I got my very early birthday present yesterday and can't wait to put it to good use today. I got a Polar FT7 HRM. Now I don't have to do all of my exercise on the treadmill anymore to get my heartrate I can just use the treadmill as a treadmill. ( I probably looked silly doing aerobics on the treadmill but it was the only way I could get a heart rate)

Have a great day, I sure plan to.

Happy Birthday Early!

Just a few more days left this month! Hang in there everyone and keep giving it your best shot.

This is the first day in over a week that I have felt somewhat normal! I still a lot of nasal drainage but I don't want to curl up and sleep all day. Must be a good sign! Now the worst is that by bedtime last night I had a huge cold sore on my lip. My nose has been so sore that I did not even notice that I was getting one until it popped out. :devil: :devil:

I am still working to find balance with 2 ` babies under a year in the house again but I will get there and get back to having great exercise days again!

Have a great day!

Make it healthy!

Terri
  • Always_lil_j
    Options
    Hey everyone.....I am new to this, still just browsing around and trying to figuire everything out. 5 lbs a month sounds like an awesome goal and I have hit it for this month. I am ready to get this weight to leave and not come back ever again. I am changing my way of life, not just dieting. Good luck everyone!!!!
  • Rokssana
    Rokssana Posts: 14
    Options
    I have my final April weigh-in tomorrow so hopefully I've hit the 5 pound goal! (Lost 4 pounds this month so far)
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Hello all, hope you are having a wonderful week so far! I joined this about 2weeks ago, I weigh in every Sunday morning and I lost 4lbs as of this past Sunday!! I think I'll make it! Last week I walked to my local Walmart one day (2miles total) and then Home Depot another day(another 2miles total) and then my mall which is another 2miles total (not including whatever the amount was that I walked in the mall, not just to and from). I'm making it my goal to walk at least 5 miles a week which should help.

I cut out soda and sugars (except natural ones of course) and I now only drink water. My food choices have more fruits and veggies AND they are smaller portions. I don't eat fast food at all now and I'm feeling soo much better!! Not to mention, I start my new job tomorrow (Rural King, grand opening in about 2weeks) and I"m nervous as I haven't had a job in 11months, but I'm not over-eating like I used to when I was nervous. Soo yay me :)

You all are doing wonderful and thank you all again for the support I see you give to each other, it makes newer people like me feel comfortable here.

Great job! When I go to Home Depot or Walmart I need a truck to bring home everything! :laugh: :laugh: Keep it up! Walking is my favorite form of exercise!

What is Rural King? Congratulations on the job by the way! Not having a job when you are used to working can be very frustrating and sometimes can sabotage our self-esteem. Changing nervous eating habits is a wonderful achievement. :drinker: :drinker: Keep up the great work!

I rarely eat fast food! Last fast food craving I gave into was an Arby's Jalepeno Poppers! Don't know why but one day I just had to have them and finally gave into that craving!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Hey everyone.....I am new to this, still just browsing around and trying to figuire everything out. 5 lbs a month sounds like an awesome goal and I have hit it for this month. I am ready to get this weight to leave and not come back ever again. I am changing my way of life, not just dieting. Good luck everyone!!!!

Welcome to the group! That is the right attitude that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I have my final April weigh-in tomorrow so hopefully I've hit the 5 pound goal! (Lost 4 pounds this month so far)

The way you have been working out this should be no problem!

Remember everyone if you do not meet that 5 pound goal life does not end. Just pick yourself up and work at it again next month! Have a great last chance workout and day tomorrow!

Good Night Everyone! Remember sleep deprivation can lead to overeating!

Terri
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Rural King is like a Home Depot but more for farms, today was my first day and it was great. Good luck on fighting those cravings, I've been lucky to not have any fast food or soda cravings, sometimes chocolate but I stay as strong as I can.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Okay, wasn't going to say anything because I want to remain positive but I am worried. DH has a cat scan scheduled for tomorrow morning. last Friday he didn't feel well and started peeing blood. went to the doctor they checked for infection. Its not infection so now they want to check for cancer. He is a cancer survivor and last year he was free and clear. (hadnt been checked for 10 years) I am sure it isn't cancer but the thought creeps in. Okay, I will just workout like crazy tomorrow to keep those endorphins flowing and my thoughts happy and positive. I just didn't think we would spend our first anniversary with him pissing blood. :blushing:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Okay, wasn't going to say anything because I want to remain positive but I am worried. DH has a cat scan scheduled for tomorrow morning. last Friday he didn't feel well and started peeing blood. went to the doctor they checked for infection. Its not infection so now they want to check for cancer. He is a cancer survivor and last year he was free and clear. (hadnt been checked for 10 years) I am sure it isn't cancer but the thought creeps in. Okay, I will just workout like crazy tomorrow to keep those endorphins flowing and my thoughts happy and positive. I just didn't think we would spend our first anniversary with him pissing blood. :blushing:

So like you said happy and positive. I will be thinking about your family and sending healthy thoughts his way.
    Hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Hope everything turns out for the best! I will say a little prayer for you and your family.
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    Jenn - great pics!! you have alot to be proud of!

Brunettewife - doing great!!!

Hello everybody!!

I am recovering from my fall off the wagon - back down to 180.8 this morning (was up to 185.6 after binging for 10 days). I won't make the April 5 lbs but have new resolve to get my five for May!!

Jenn - how do you get those pics to post?? I can't seem to do it!

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y378/fivefatcats/April2010021c.jpg