Lose 10lbs with the 3 Day Diet!

Options

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I wish I had known about MFP when I did that insane cabbage soup diet for the better part of the work week. I know my girls wanted to strangle me by the third day. By the fourth, I was wishing that they WOULD. I don't even remember how much I lost, but I am quite sure I gained it all right back on the fifth day when I said, "SCREW IT!" and ran (not walked) to the cafeteria and inhaled real food. *SMH*
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If it seems to good to be true, it generally is. Patience, willpower, exercise and healthy, nutritional eating (eating being key) is the best way. That's just my opinion though.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Damn. My first attempt at a GIF and I fail miserably.

I give up

10fwets.gif

Ah there we go. It's a perfect thread to practice posting SUCH THINGS
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Damn. My first attempt at a GIF and I fail miserably.

This cracked me up :laugh:
  • nutmeg184
    Options
    A direct quote from the PDF download of this "diet plan" on their website:
    "Neither the staff nor management of 3 Day Diets are experienced, licensed, or knowledgeable to judge or recommend the validity or safety of this diet. We do not necessarily endorse this diet and recommend that before trying this or any other diet to consult a physician or licensed medical practitioner. Use at your own risk"

I'm going to go with it not sounding "pretty legit"
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    THANK U , SOMEONE WHO IS ACTUALLY ANSERING MY QUESTION , WELL COMING CLOSE TO IT.. THATS HOW I FEEL .. IF YOU EAT REALLY CLEAN FOR THE NEXT FEWS DAYS U SHUDDNT GAIN ALL THE WEIGHT BCK .. A FEW LBS IS UNDERSTANDABLE BUT NOT THE WHOLE 5-7LBS

If you "eat really clean for the next few days", you would continue losing weight, so why do the 3-day diet anyway?

You are doing 3 steps forward, 2 steps back diet - just keep going forward if you want real progress.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Well that escalated quickly since I saw this thread this morning.

I've been on the 3 day diet, and it works, but the problem is most people, after being so harshly restricted for 3 days, indulge too much after it's done. I lost 7 pounds, but you have to go slowly, like, add 200 calories on the 4th day, then 2 calories again on the 5th day so you go back to 1200. That's how it worked for me. I'm not sure whether it's healthy, but it worked.

shedding water =/= losing weight

you cannot truly lose 7 lbs of fat (or muscle + fat) in 3 days unless you burn 24,500 more calories than you ingest during those 3 days.

to put that into perspective, a 150lb woman would have to go for a 213-mile run at an 8mph pace to burn that many calories.

that's not my opinion. that's physics.
  • Calliope610
    Options
    Wow....if this is how special and precise the OP is when she isn't on a crazy fad diet....I can't wait to see how fantastical she is when she's on a crazed diet where it makes you cranky and evil and starved for 3 days.

*grabs popcorn and waits....*

I'm grabbing a chair.
  • Calliope610
    Options
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Just when I thought it was gonna be a boring day at work.

I hope this thread goes on ALL DAY.

I'm going to do my best to keep it going.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My favorite part was the testimonial where the friend lost 35 pounds, in like four months...divide by ...carry the...yup, a fairly normal weight loss, without driving yourself crazy!
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    People are very quick to judge, different things work for different people I tried the gm diet which is 7 days long, I didn't lose loads of weight but my appetite adapted, which I found a kickstart to a sustainable change in diet. But I always struggled with starting a diet so for me it worked. Some people will always give you advice on what they think is best but i always ask myself when they are commenting on posts if they are such experts in the right and healthy way to live, why are they overweight in the 1st place. Good luck whatever u decide

I think i did ok without it.

33110506_7732.jpg
    33110506_8190.jpg

Oh stop you! That's gotta be a picture of your mother! :noway:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    Being at this profession for a long time, I've seen practically every "diet" plan that's out there. And the ones that promise big weight loss in a few days happen to appeal to a certain type people that I've observed.

They are usually impatient, desperate, or lack the will to do an actual lifestyle switch. Again this is what I have observed and haven't seen one yet NOT gain the weight back after employing these diets.

It's diet's like this that are likely to confuse people who are battling weight loss in the first place and makes them susceptible to falling for it because of the claims.

Do it right the first time.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/663552-the-undeniably-best-way-to-lose-weight?hl=the+most+undeniable

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    People are very quick to judge, different things work for different people I tried the gm diet which is 7 days long, I didn't lose loads of weight but my appetite adapted, which I found a kickstart to a sustainable change in diet. But I always struggled with starting a diet so for me it worked. Some people will always give you advice on what they think is best but i always ask myself when they are commenting on posts if they are such experts in the right and healthy way to live, why are they overweight in the 1st place. Good luck whatever u decide

Not one. single. person. with demonstrable weight loss in this thread has endorsed this diet. When you see people who have lost and kept off 80 pounds, 100 pounds, (113!) saying "this is garbage," I promise you - they know what they're talking about.

Instead of telling them how to lose 10 pounds, ask them how they lost 100.

To emanyalpsid:
    I have nothing to add other than after weeks of looking at your ID name and trying desperately to figure it out, I have. :drinker:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    To emanyalpsid:
    I have nothing to add other than after weeks of looking at your ID name and trying desperately to figure it out, I have. :drinker:

Sreehc!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    To emanyalpsid:

Sreehc!

I only just got this for the first time right now :drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    To emanyalpsid:

Sreehc!

Nwolb. Dnim!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yes, ice cream and hot dogs seem totally balanced.

You had me at Ice cream :heart:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Heh! I had assumed it was the name of some fossil and intended to google it some time to see what kind of cool critter it was, like an ancestral platypus or something. Just got it now too. That was better than Sixth Sense.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    To emanyalpsid:

really? i saw that right away. I always got a chuckle out of people calling him Eman in his feed.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    The one time Dave's dyslexia works for something, do NOT ruin this for him guyz!