Lose 10lbs with the 3 Day Diet!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    To emanyalpsid:
    I have nothing to add other than after weeks of looking at your ID name and trying desperately to figure it out, I have. :drinker:

really? i saw that right away. I always got a chuckle out of people calling him Eman in his feed.

Maria = slooooooooow
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    To emanyalpsid:
    I have nothing to add other than after weeks of looking at your ID name and trying desperately to figure it out, I have. :drinker:

really? i saw that right away. I always got a chuckle out of people calling him Eman in his feed.

Maria = slooooooooow

I'm slower. I've never really looked to figure it out. lol. I was one of the ones typing Eman just to shorten his name..:tongue::laugh:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    To emanyalpsid:

Maria = slooooooooow

I'm slower. I've never really looked to figure it out. lol. I was one of the ones typing Eman just to shorten his name..:tongue::laugh:

Lol I thought he was foreign
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I never really thought about it but I'm so amused now!!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Someone called me "sid" in my feed the other day. Always wanted to be a Sid.
  • abbyblackcft
    Options
    I want to lose 100 more pounds so if I do this for 30 days will I reach goal? So excited!

Sarcasm? Hard to tell online! :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 100 more pounds so if I do this for 30 days will I reach goal? So excited!

Really?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Really?
    Wait, was that sarcasm?
    the-big-bang-theory-was-that-sarcasm_design.png
  • Lovlilyn
    Lovlilyn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    People are very quick to judge, different things work for different people I tried the gm diet which is 7 days long, I didn't lose loads of weight but my appetite adapted, which I found a kickstart to a sustainable change in diet. But I always struggled with starting a diet so for me it worked. Some people will always give you advice on what they think is best but i always ask myself when they are commenting on posts if they are such experts in the right and healthy way to live, why are they overweight in the 1st place. Good luck whatever u decide

• Lovlilyn
    Lovlilyn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    its obvious your gonna gain weight if you eat burger and fries..

That's not the part that's obvious. The obvious part is that when you go on a crash diet you gain back all the weight because you go back to eating a normal amount of calories again, regardless of what those calories consist of.

Eat less than you expend during the day. That is the secret to weight loss. Drop the fad diets and do it right if you want to keep it off.

I wish this was working for me, but it's not. I have calorie deficit from 200-900 calories a day, and I'm not losing weight (I lose, but gain back).

I'm all for trying this if it jolts my body out of this pattern. The one thing that concerns me is that it says its for people "who need to lose large amounts of weight". I have 24 pounds to go - is that large? I'm thinking they mean it for 100 or more pounds . . .

No. That is not a large amount of weight to lose. It is more likely that you are just logging something incorrectly. Do you weigh all your food? Do you log everything you eat? Do you use a HRM for exercise?

Also, if you have that little to lose you should only be going for .5 lb a week. 1lb at the MOST. My best guess would be that it's not working for you because you are trying to drop weight too fast, under eating, and then when you go back to nourishing your body again it's packing the weight back in.

My goal is 1lb a week, and I cannot even lose that. In the last 11 weeks I have lost 13lb, but gained back 10 for a net of 3 - IN ELEVEN WEEKS. Frustrating for sure.

I am using BodyMedia monitor to tell me my calories burned (the equivalent of TDEE?) I try to get to 2500, but generally my average is between 2250-2400 average for the week. I aim to eat at least 1200 calories, but my average is usually 1400-1500. No, I'm not tracking every mouthful, but I've been doing this for a long time, and I eat the same things every day (during the week - the weekend can be different), so I know I'm close to my goal. I'm certainly not the thousands of calories I would need to be off to GAIN weight in a week when I've had an average of 900 calorie deficit.

I'm not under eating, I'm not hungry all the time, I eat healthy - but I do indulge in alcohol (have given it up, but it didn't make a difference in weight loss), and I indulge in a pizza binge about every 6 weeks.
  • KristinaEaton
    Options
    I've done this diet before and lost weight but as soon as you go back to your normal eating habits, the weight comes right back on plus more. I've always been told that the 3 day diet was a diet plan created for military individuals to make weight for a weigh in if they had around 10 lbs to lose. The safest and most effective way to lose weight is to simply eat healthy and in the right portions.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see the OP's results next month!
  • Zoesmum025
    Options
    Good for you. I spent a couple of weeks farting around which has left me behind reaching my first target so on Monday I intend to begin the Scarsdale diet to give myself a boost. So there!