over 200 club New year New me Part 13

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    My very favorite running song is "Forces of Victory" by Gogol Bordello. It is the one song I always listen to at the very end of my runs. I'm pretty sure Gogol Bordello is an acquired taste though, so I don't expect anyone here to love it. :laugh: But there's a part of the song where Eugene repeats "I cant go on; I will go on" over and over again and, well, that's exactly how I feel about running after I've been at it for 30+ minutes -- I can't do it, but I WILL do it. :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Ok, so I am thinking about having a majo cheat day today. As in consuming over 2000 cals.

I want to shock the hell out of my metabolism then hit it with a huge punch (change up in excercise)....what do you think?? I really want the input so be candid

Thanks girls

Uh, yeah, do it. It's a lot of fun. :tongue: I usually just do it by having one meal of something I've *really* been craving. & I eat healthy & normally the rest of the day. The last time I did it was a pimento burger, sweet potato fries, and fried pickles. OMG, I started salivating just typing that. :laugh:

Edit - Oh, and by the way, that was Sunday before last (03/28). And you know I lost 3.8 pounds that week. :wink: I didn't eat a pimento burger, sweet potato fries, and fried pickles this week, and how many pounds did I lose? ZERO! Holy crap, I think I just found the secret to weight loss! :laugh:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Music.. well my age is going to totally show here..
    I enjoy classic Rock and the 80's.. So, like
    AC/DC
    Journey
    Eagles
    Styx
    Led Zepplin
    Deep Purple
    Aerosmith
    REO Speedwagon

just to name a few

Not really acdc for me or deep purple but yeah on everyone else. Love Little River band but they are more of a cool down part of the exercise:laugh: :laugh: Love Journey and Steve Perry . When my husband calls me my phone sings "Oh Sherry I'm in Love" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Because he IS in love with me. I answer the phone "Do you really?" He always says "yes"
    Guess you all know what my first name is now. Ha
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am thinking about having a majo cheat day today. As in consuming over 2000 cals.

I want to shock the hell out of my metabolism then hit it with a huge punch (change up in excercise)....what do you think?? I really want the input so be candid

Thanks girls

I say go for it! It will drive you to work harder come Monday!! Plus I didn't count anything on Easter and ate what I wanted and I lost 4 pounds this week. I say give it a try!:bigsmile:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Music.. well my age is going to totally show here..
    I enjoy classic Rock and the 80's.. So, like
    AC/DC
    Journey
    Eagles
    Styx
    Led Zepplin
    Deep Purple
    Aerosmith
    REO Speedwagon

just to name a few

Not really acdc for me or deep purple but yeah on everyone else. Love Little River band but they are more of a cool down part of the exercise:laugh: :laugh: Love Journey and Steve Perry . When my husband calls me my phone sings "Oh Sherry I'm in Love" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Because he IS in love with me. I answer the phone "Do you really?" He always says "yes"
    Guess you all know what my first name is now. Ha
    I love JOURNEY ,AC/DC , Aerosmith,STYX,and Eagles
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

I feel like i am little piggy over her :(:( all yall are talking about 1200 calories and I eat sooo much more than that...my cals now are sitting at 1560 a day...I know it is because i weigh a lot more than most of you

Not me anymore! :happy: I'm eating 1330 on days I don't work out at all (which is like.. never) and 1500-1800 most days I work out now. YUM! :tongue:

I think I'm starting to view myself less as a dieter or someone trying to lose weight & more as an athlete. :embarassed: Doing that really helped me get over the mental block of eating more. So far, it has really been working for me. I didn't show a loss this morning for this week but I was over 210 Monday morning because of water retention (TOM & Easter) & was all the way back down to 206 today, even with my sodium blowout all week. Unless I fail keeping my sodium lower today I would bet money on showing a decent loss tomorrow morning. :smile:

I like your viewpoint jlb ... maybe that would help me to try to think of myself more as an athlete and less as a dieter. I love to exercise (most of the time) and am doing well at it - but it's the food that trips me up. Maybe if I can try to focus on feeding my body more like an athlete would I can be more motivated to change those bad eating habits ... I'm going to give it a shot anyhow. Thanks for sharing your view!
    BTW - I am often over 2000 calories (sometimes with exercise and sometimes without on my bad days) ... I can't imagine eating only 1200 a day, but I know I have to figure out how to eat less - especially on days I don't exercise. My problem isn't as much quantity as quality, I eat too many high-fat, high calorie foods. It's all a re-learning experience I guess. :ohwell:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    thanks gals :) I hardly never eat my exercise cals...that is when I exercise grr..i need to get back in doing that.

Colorado - i love 80's rock to exercise..the hairband stuff is my fav's :)

I like lots of rock so i listen to current day stuff too...

Cris - Good luck on the splurge maybe it will kick start thing...me i have had way too many splurges these days :(

I didn't work out at lunch cause we went out, but I am getting off the computer and doing my ea active right now...before the girls get home...and hubby has been sleeping since like 1:00,
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey my friends. I let my daughter get a profile and introduce herself. She is not "fat" by any stretch of the imagination, but she use to wear a size 5 which she looked fit and healthy. She says she wants to lose 21 pounds but honestly it is more like 10-15, but there is no arguing with her. Anyways she introduced herself and has only gotten one comment and it was from me. She also got one friend request from a man (that is why I wasn't sure I wanted her on here) It was an innocent request but I am very particular about my daughter and the internet. I do not care how old she is. Anyways I was hoping some of my friends could pop in and say hi to her. Maybe friend request her. Especially you younger girls. I would appreciate it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/90582-the-new-girl?page=1#posts-1251827
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Hey my friends. I let my daughter get a profile and introduce herself. She is not "fat" by any stretch of the imagination, but she use to wear a size 5 which she looked fit and healthy. She says she wants to lose 21 pounds but honestly it is more like 10-15, but there is no arguing with her. Anyways she introduced herself and has only gotten one comment and it was from me. She also got one friend request from a man (that is why I wasn't sure I wanted her on here) It was an innocent request but I am very particular about my daughter and the internet. I do not care how old she is. Anyways I was hoping some of my friends could pop in and say hi to her. Maybe friend request her. Especially you younger girls. I would appreciate it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/90582-the-new-girl?page=1#posts-1251827
    Hey momma I know your daughter isn't over 200 pounds but she is welcome to chat in our group if she wants.I know we are all a bit older than she is but I wanted to let you know she is more than welcome here if she wants.The way I see it the more the merrier.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Thanks Ann, I will tell her that. Maybe she will come check us out!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Momma, I friend requested Miranda. :smile: And about the guy who friended her, he's alright. :laugh: He friended me a couple weeks ago and he's been nothing but polite to me. :smile: He's really chatty though. :tongue:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I requested her also :) We all will keep an eye on her.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Thanks guys you are the best. She is loving it on here. She always tries to do this very strict. I told her to try 1/2 pound a week. She has and she was like wow mom this is so easy I can see myself doing this.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I was looking at the amount of calories I have burned this week. In the last 5 days I have burned 4324 calories.:noway: (well 200 or so of that will be when I get back from my walk that I am about to make my hubby go on with me. I have literally exercised a little over a pound off my behind.

Checking in

Calories: Over, that is why I am taking a walk. Dinner plans fell through and we ate out.
    exerces: Ya think:laugh: :laugh:
    Water: Pretty good, I think I need a couple more glasses but that will not be a problem

I am proud of all this exercise I have been doing. Parts of my body I did not even know I had are sore. But it is a good sore.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Check in -

Cals - way over like 400 over my exercise ...ouch.

Water - nada

Exercise - 25 min on ea active on wii

Proud - Even though i went over i still tracked everything i ate today.

i had soo much sodium today i am sure i am retaining tons of water..looked up my sandwich at lunch OMG it had 755 cals and 2400 sodium...
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    and may I just add that 213 was EXACTLY where I plateaud last time! I will not quit this time, please remind me to keep going! This is when I tend to quit!! :frown: :sad:

Thanks!!!
    Ohhhhhhh no you don't! You brought me through my giving up phase and I will do the same for you! You are doing GREAT, cris! I like your idea of the one cheat day. I think it really keeps your metabolism guessing! I did it and lost big time that week! I also upped my cals when I hit a plateau and after a couple of weeks of staying the same I started losing again big time. Have fun with your indulgence meal!

lildeb - speaking as an elementary music teacher, if I got a dollar for every melt down on stage from a KG, 1st, or even 2nd grader (heck I just had one with a 4th grader!), I'd be living like Oprah! :tongue: MANY kids have severe stage fright and freak out on stage. A GOOD music teacher would have seen that coming and gently taken her off stage before it got out of control. I am already picking up that this teacher may not be on her toes if you are telling me that your little girl hates music class. That breaks my heart! EVERY child should LOVE music class! Don't be too hard on her or yourself, sweetie. That is MAJOR fear for a little one to perform! Trust me, I know - I've been teaching music for 25 years! :heart:

Litspy - I feel exactly the same way as you. I love this group! I would have never gotten this far without you ladies! :heart: You make me laugh, cry, happy, want to succeed. :heart:

check in:
    WELLLLLLLLLLL, I guess since I lost three pounds I felt the need to eat it all back today. :grumble: I went out after work to a wine bar and drank and ate like there was no tomorrow. :smokin:
    calories: SOOOOOOOOO over that I had to up my workout just to break even. PLUS I am over by 2K on sodium and 7g of fat and 21 g of sugar!!!!! :noway:
    water: 90 and still counting :ohwell:
    exercise: it will be easier to list what I DIDN'T DO. rofl
    proud: hmmmm. That I was honest and logged every single bite? :embarassed:

Tomorrow is a new day! I will survive! I did have a great time!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Blunote - Thanks !! She likes her teacher she says she really likes her, i think some of the stuff they do are really boring and when she gets in her head it is boring she just has a hard time comitting to doing it. Some of it was a little boring if i say so , she loves music and love to play her guitar even though she doesn't know how hahaha...and loves to sing when it is stuff she wants to do it. She said she was scared, but then she said it was boring , so who knows.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Took an even longer walk than planned and now my calories are back down. Yay!!!!!!

I won't let Miranda post a pic of herself so she put a pic of her shadow. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    OK I'm about three pages back and still reading but I'm soooo tired that I thought i'd better post my weight so if I fall asleep no one is waiting :)

I'm still up from last week..

mstahl ........................ +2 = 0%

(sorry I didn't paste the others in here - I'm so far behind I don't know whwere they stopped!)
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Jess..................... -4.0 = 1.81%
    bluenote.... ..........-3.0 = 0.71%
    Pos_me...............-3.0 = 1.41%
    Littlespy....... ........-0.0 = 0%
    momma...............-5.3 = 1.99%
    Cris20056...........+1.4 = 0%
    Mari ......................-1.2 = 0.51%
    cogirl ................... -3.0 = 1.13%
    lstpaul.................+1.5=0%
    hajohnson24.....0 = 0%
    Jesyka........-0.8=0.37%

If I tried to catch up on today's posts I'd fail :indifferent: SO I'm just going to say that everyone has done amazingly this week...for those who have lost, stayed the same, and gained...and why? cause we're all here and we're all working on a change. That's HUGE!!