Weight loss army!!

Options

Replies

• AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm so very very happy to have you back. It's all about you time now!

Thank you!!!!!!!!! and yes, yes it is!!!!!!!!!!!! =-)
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to poke my head and say that I'm still here. Last week I had the flu so I drank TONS of fluids I know I passed the challenge for that but of course did no exercising. I am leaving tomorrow to go on a vacation for a week and there are no scales at my aunt's house but I did bring my running gear AND a set of hand weights. I am so excited for the new format makes me stY accountable for all my servings of fruits and veggies. Hopefully with all this exercise this week I'll spend more time outdoors than indoors pigging out on food and when I come back I'm tons lighter
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    6/7/2010 from monday
    LW - 180
    CW - 180
    Water - 64
    Exercise - 60 mins of exercise: walking
    Fruits/Veg - 0
    calories consumed: 1300

6/8/2010
    water: 64
    exercise: 130 mins ---walking
    fruits - 1
    calories consumed: 1050

6/9/2010
    water:128 oz
    exercise: 60
    fruit: 1
    calorie consumed: 1550

6/10/2010
    water: 128 oz
    exercise: 30
    fruit: 2
    calories consumed: 1685

6/11/2010
    water: 96 oz
    fruit: 1
    calories consumed: 1550

june 12
    water 64 oz
    fruit - 1
    veggies - 0
    calories: 1700
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    welcome Jodie, we always welcome new ppl! Jenn is the one in charge. We weigh in on mondays and she posts a neato chart on tues! We also have weekly goals like...64 oz water/day, 6 servings of fruit/veggies/day, and atleast 210 min of exercise/week. Good luck with ur weight loss!!

Erin
    SW 3/1/10- 241
    CW 6/7/10-208

thanks mondays are my weigh in day anyway! thanks guys :D
    the fruit and veggies is going to be a challenge , im such a fussy eater haha
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    today i will be starting my regular walking routine...meaning i haven't been on my regular walking route for quite awhile...PLUS it's a cheat day for me...so the weekends are cheat days...my walking routine is so close to starbucks and i haven't had starbucks since they had that special going on for the week or weekend of half price frapps...i sorta kinda wish there were coupons or a punch card for those...lol...buy so many and get one free after the punch card is filled...lol...i'll be smart and still check out the calorie intake of course by going online and see if they have a nutrition value and mark that down...even though its the weekend i'm still measuring my food and checking out the calorie intake
  • sweet148angel
    sweet148angel Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weighing in a little early this week since i am off tomorrow!!!

LW 234.4
    CW 232.2!!!
    Water : I probably had half of what I was supposed to each day
    Exercise : I have been walking about 3 miles 3-4 days a week
    F/V : Probably get 1/4 of what I shoudl each day...Definetly room for improvement here!
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i weighed myself today because i wont be here most of tomorrow.............since my last weigh in -

LW - 135
    CW - 133!!!!!!!

Water intake - 72 oz daily
    fruit/veggies - ? ( i havent kept track but i can say i get at LEAST 1-2 servings of SOME sort of fruit/veggie a day)
    Exercise - ALOT though i cant log most of it cause its not in the database last night alone i was dancing from like 6 PM til 1 AM off and on...
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    LW: 123.2
    CW: 122.4

Water: Between 11-20 glasses every day...woot!
    Exercise: Due to injury, haven't been running :( Had to take it easier on my workout intensity, but burned 2397 calories in 458 minutes - did more strength training than cardio this week :)
    Fruits/veggies: 8+ servings every day except 1 (had 6 that day)
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    LW: 172

CW: 172 No loss, no gain. Not bad considering all the sweets that granny made!

Exercise: Due to traveling I only logged two days and had 95 minutes of exercise :(

Water: Not sure, again I only logged on a few days last week

Fruits/Veggies: I have some serious work to do here!!!
  • bowbee
    bowbee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Definitely not my best week. Some things were great and some not so great.

LW -216.6

CW - same weight no loss/ gain. TOM came this week so I'm gonna say that was the reason for no loss 8)

Water - avg. 8.5 glasses a day. Way low!! I usually get 10+ daily

Exercise - 678 minutes burning 4819 calories. This was a great week. We finally got some sunshine and I took advantage.

Fruits/Veg - avg 7 servings of fruit/veg per day.

Hope everyone had a great week and saw some fantastic numbers!!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello Jenn and all the army! Its been a brilliant weekend, saw loads of fab acts at the Isle of Wight Festival, Pink was amazing and Paul McCartney headlined last night and they were both FANTASTIC!!!!! so I was very pleased this morning that I have lost yet another pound and now at 128 pounds :laugh:

start weight (and heaviest weight) with MFP on 1/12/10 ....164.5 pounds
    Last weeks weight ......................................................................129 .pounds
    current weight ..............................................................................128 ..pounds
    final goal .......................................................................................126 ..pounds

Jenn my puppy is a cocker spaniel and he is called Barty would you believe!!! (Barty used to be a nick name for my husband and the puppy looks sooooo much like him with his sad eyes and all :bigsmile: He He He!!!! ).

As for the challenges.......well did not do well with the water challenge as the loos at the festival were grim to say the least so did not want to go too often (bad excuse I know).
    Not so bad with the Fruit and Veg
    Exercise....Did 3 hours of Zumba and lots of walking over the weekend
  • metfanlisa
    metfanlisa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello Army!

Happy to report a loss even if it's one pound! I could do better if I could get my fanny exercising more. Anyway, the score for this week is:
    LW - 150.6
    CW - 149.6
    Water - avg 7/day, I don't drink enough on the weekends-gotta change that.
    Exercise - only got 187 min in this week. Lazy week of TOM, I find it very hard to get motivated.
    Fruits/Veg - only 17 servings for the whole week compared to the goal min of 42! I am super bad at these and will strive to eat more.

Best of luck to all this week on their healthy journey!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Arghhhhhh, had a bad weekend!

LW - 177
    CW - 177
    Water - about 10 a day!
    Exercise - 200 this week aiming for more next week! Got my WATP DVDs and I truly love them.
    Fruits/Veg - about 20 servings aiming for more, I am also going bread free for this week, and eating extra veggies in place of that so we will see how that goes!!
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    blondie76 – Well hopefully the new format will help you remember, haha. Nice job on the water this week! What’s WATP? Sounds exciting? Bread free for a week? Good luck! I don’t know if I could do that, I love my sandwiches so much.
    enromero – Looks like you have been doing excellent on water and exercise, time to jump on the fruit and vegetable train! I know you can! I’m going to get a big head soon, first metfanlisa calls me Sarge and now you’re telling people I’m “the one in charge”, heehee. Thanks so much for welcoming the new recruits!
    melbhall – For serving size I just the Canadian Food guide. It gives the serving size in proper measurement and then in a real life example like the size of a tennis ball for an apple.
    metfanlisa – I think you’re my favourite now, haha, you can call me Sarge anytime! Ok, ok, off my high horse I go. I’m glad that you’re excited about the new format. A loss is a loss, some weeks I’m praying for 1 pound to be gone, haha. I’m sure you’ll step it up this week!
    kizzym – I think that using the ole measuring cups/spoons is the most important part in watching what you are eating. I know it was a shocker for me at first to see how “kind” my eyes were when it came to portion sizes.
    jodieunited – It’s never too late to join us to get healthy! I see you’ve already been welcomed but I wanted to say a quick hello. It looks like the group will be a perfect fit with you seeing that you already weigh-in on Mondays!
    healthyeater9 – I sure hope that you’re feeling better, I hate being sick. Just so you know, you won’t be on the graph without the Monday weigh-in but I still have all of your previous info so when you get back I’ll add you back to the graph. Have a great vacay!!
    sweet148angel – Look at you go!! My goodness it’s nice to see that jump! Let’s up your water and vegetables and keep the pounds dropping!
    aprilchampalmer – Great job! Once again, so happy to have you back! Oh I love dancing!
    allislefttogain – We miss ya last week. I cannot believe how close you are! It’s good that you are taking it easy. An injury is the worst and the sooner it heals the sooner you can kick that ball around!
    melbhall – MMMmmm, granny’s sweets are the best! I think no gain after a visit to granny’s is a huge accomplishment! Get drinking your water missy! Heehee.
    bowbee – Wow, you are rocking the challenges! Great job chickie! I know that your water is usually higher but getting in 8.5 a day isn’t anything to turn your nose down to.
    barty – Business first, nice job on the loss, you are so very close! So exciting! Great work on the challenges! Time to step up your water, well, only if you have somewhere sanitary to relieve yourself, haha. On to the fun! The show sounds wonderful! Aww, I love that your puppy has the same name as your MFP login. Cocker spaniels are so cute! You make me laugh so hard with the little husband comments, to funny!

My turn, well I’m very happy with my loss this week. I think the strength training I’ve been doing has really been paying off. A few wonderful celebrations for me, I measured myself the other day and in 6 weeks I’m down 5 inches! Since I started working out (a year ago), I’m down 22 inches! Very happy.

LW – 198.8
    CW – 196.7
    Water – average 11 glasses a day
    Exercise – 230 minutes this week, I’d like that to be at 300
    Fruits/Veg – average of 6 servings a day! I’m pretty happy with that.

So a new challenge idea was suggested to me and I think it’s a really great idea. I want everyone to tell the group 5 reason why they are doing this. Some people made their profiles or goals a really long time ago and I figure this might be a great idea to help refocus everyone. Let’s keep up with our exercise, water and fruits/veggies challenges and add this fun one to the mix. Good luck, graph will be posted tomorrow!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenn
    Walk away the pounds DVD!!!! Love it

Like the new challenge gives me time to think lol! Dont know why I am doing this!
  • bowbee
    Options
    Hello Jenn and all the army! Its been a brilliant weekend, saw loads of fab acts at the Isle of Wight Festival, Pink was amazing and Paul McCartney headlined last night and they were both FANTASTIC!!!!! so I was very pleased this morning that I have lost yet another pound and now at 128 pounds :laugh:

Oh!!! I'm sooo jealous! JK !!
    P!NK is my absolute favorite and I wasn't able to see her most recent concert when it was in Seattle last fall!! I did buy the concert from Australia on DVD though...I guess that's better than nothing 8(. I'm glad you had fun!
  • bowbee
    Options
    My turn, well I’m very happy with my loss this week. I think the strength training I’ve been doing has really been paying off. A few wonderful celebrations for me, I measured myself the other day and in 6 weeks I’m down 5 inches! Since I started working out (a year ago), I’m down 22 inches! Very happy.

LW – 198.8
    CW – 196.7
    Water – average 11 glasses a day
    Exercise – 230 minutes this week, I’d like that to be at 300
    Fruits/Veg – average of 6 servings a day! I’m pretty happy with that.

So a new challenge idea was suggested to me and I think it’s a really great idea. I want everyone to tell the group 5 reason why they are doing this. Some people made their profiles or goals a really long time ago and I figure this might be a great idea to help refocus everyone. Let’s keep up with our exercise, water and fruits/veggies challenges and add this fun one to the mix. Good luck, graph will be posted tomorrow!

Great Numbers Jenn! WTG!!

I like this challenge. Definitely will make me focus my honest feelings about my wants and needs for this weight loss/great health journey I'm on. May possibly be an ah-ha moment! 8 )
  • Heather_023
    Heather_023 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Arg, still having a tough time with motivation! Did great during the week with eating but had friends in from out of town and with that out went the good eating habits! So, a gain this week... (which is hopefully mostly water?!)

LW - 134.2
    CW - 135.8
    Water - Mostly 8 or 9 glasses a day, one or two days only 6
    Exercise - Pretty poor, about 2 hours of walking for the entire week and a shift at the post office that had me lifting and moving a lot of big parcels.
    Fruits/Veg - Didn't keep track that well but definitely between 4 and 7 servings a day.

As for this week's challenge: My top 5

1. To look good in clothes. I hate spending 1/2 hour deciding what to wear before going out (and still not feeling great about my choice), I want to look good in all of my clothes! To feel hot in just a tshirt and jeans if that's what I feel like wearing!
    2. To get to my goal weight before my husband and I start trying for kids.
    3. To stop comparing myself to other women.
    4. To be comfortable in a bathing suit and not look back at vacation pictures thinking, "Why couldn't I just get the motivation to lose some weight before we left!"
    5. To get to a point where everything feels balanced... Food, weight, exercise...

Ah, the list could probably continue for a long time! Hope everyone has had a great week and that the one ahead is even better!
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    Forgot to weigh in this morning. Will do it first thing tomorrow. Hoping I am down still.
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    just a quick check in for me for the graph for now I promise I will catch up with everyone 2moro!! Im down 1 lb this week to 207! Im super excited about this one lb cause I am pretty sure I broke a small bone in the bottem of my foot so it was like NO exercise since last monday!! I broke this same bone in high school thats why Im sure thats what it is, however my xray was normal (not a surprise to me it was back then also....it took a bone scan last time to find it) and my blood test was neg for gout (pretty sure thats not what it is cause they thought that last time) so now Im on crutches and I hate that lol.

Erin
    SW 3/1/10- 241
    CW 5/14/10- 207