The "ugly" friend...

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I was told we were having beers in here.

Only us easy ugly ones.

Don't listen to her. She's drunk. Too much beer, too little table dancing.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30

and THIS:

"She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. " Proverbs 31:26

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”
    - Calvin and Hobbes
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30

and THIS:

"She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. " Proverbs 31:26

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”
    - Calvin and Hobbes

calvin+and+hobbes+god.jpg
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the "funny" friend...

Me too.

My friends think I'm hilarious. I have heavy and skinny HOTT friends. I have some butterface friends that I absolutely love and do not even think of their butterface status until it's brought up like right now. I have a lot of friends that used to be hott and let themselves go by partying too hard and too much. I have all kindsa friends. I really never choose to be with any of them to make myself look better or what not. I just wanna have fun because I'm the funny friend. I hate girls that beat themselves up about how they look. That's no fun.
  • RunDoozer
    Options

and THIS:

- Calvin and Hobbes

BS9tlGOl.gif
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

and THIS:

- Calvin and Hobbes

BS9tlGOl.gif

ch9206301.gif

ps. this is turning into the best conversation i have ever had on MFP, with the science puns in "I need girls to add me" being a close second.

ETA: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/898435-i-need-girls-to-add-me
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    This was something that never crossed my mind, but I was out with a friend once when she and I both got hit on, and a few minutes into the conversation with one of the guys, he referred to my "ugly friend" and that's when I realized, the guy talking to her was his wingman. I always had thought she was prettier than me, but being that I was smaller than her I guess that made me better looking, or whatever. Douches.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    all my friends are super hot. which is annoying ONLY because every time a single guy friend is around they try so hard to get with them! other than that, I love being surrounded by my hot girlfriends ;)
  • RunDoozer
    Options

and THIS:

- Calvin and Hobbes

BS9tlGOl.gif

ch9206301.gif

ps. this is turning into the best conversation i have ever had on MFP, with the science puns in "I need girls to add me" being a close second.

dd7qr.jpg
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

and THIS:

- Calvin and Hobbes

BS9tlGOl.gif

ch9206301.gif

dd7qr.jpg

prophets_doom1.jpg

ETA:

This one might have been better:

calvinhobbesteach.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JessikaBlayne
    Options
    yes girls do this and i was usually the ugly friend
  • RunDoozer
    Options

and THIS:

- Calvin and Hobbes

BS9tlGOl.gif

ch9206301.gif

dd7qr.jpg

prophets_doom1.jpg

ETA:

calvinhobbesteach.gif

28assg9.jpg

Been obsessed with calvin and hobbes since I was able to read :happy:
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    let me preface this with I have NEVER done this myself, nor would I ever. I choose my friends based on personality, nothing else.

... but, I've heard it said before that girls have that one friend they go out with to make them feel better about themselves, i.e. the "ugly" friend.

First of all, is that REALLY a thing?
    Secondly, do guys do the same thing? Or, is it just women?
    happens a lot on double dates when the girl doesn't want the guy she is going out with to start getting any funny ideas.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Other than my BFF I tend to be friends with guys more often.

I think I was the ugly friend in college though
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who does this. I've been slowly cutting her out of my life. Without my personality and conversation skills to help us meet guys, she ends up at the bar... alone. She might have little bit on me in looks... but I sure as hell have a much better personality.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

and THIS:

- Calvin and Hobbes

BS9tlGOl.gif

ch9206301.gif

dd7qr.jpg

prophets_doom1.jpg

ETA:

calvinhobbesteach.gif

28assg9.jpg

Been obsessed with calvin and hobbes since I was able to read :happy:

I used to give them to my grandfather every Christmas. Now I give them to my son. <3
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I have never and will never consider the attractiveness of my friends as a factor in deciding who to associate with.

This....my friends are all attractive in many different ways ♥♥♥
  • dropit4hot
    dropit4hot Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @Doozer and CCorax...love that dialog
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My husband loves Calvin and Hobbs. lol

I was always the "fat" friend. I wouldn't say any of my friends where ugly, but everyone was thinner than me. Which is more of how I think it works. You have all the fit/skinny people then the one "fat" friend in the group.

Though things are definitely different now for me. That was more in high school than anything, which was some years ago. lol
  • earlswimsuit
    Options
    I've never heard of anyone I know doing that! I'm pretty sure I might have been used as one though.....:laugh: