The "ugly" friend...

Options

Replies

• 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I was the ugly friend...now I'm just the guy who goes to work, the gym, home and says 'screw everyone else'. /shrug Works for me.

Love this! Friends are overrated.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    in response to this entire thread:

THIS IS WHY WE CAN"T HAVE NICE THINGS.

Everyone is so limited in their thinking about gender, sexual identity, it's hetero-cis-normative and it's goddamned boring.

I'm outta here before I bang my head on my desk!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    The "ugly" friend is best cuz she " puts out".
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I guess you could say I'm the ugly friend, but that's only because I hang out with a buncha hot women all the time, and men are uglier than women.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have said I was the ugly friend in my going out days, but I wasn't very flirty, and my friend back then kind of already knew everyone, so they gravitated toward her, more. Which suited me fine. I had someone to dance with when I wanted one and never had more than a couple drinks, so by the time they asked to buy me one, I'd already switched to water. Lol
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I judge my partner in crime by his "wingman" abilities, confidence and ability to handle his alcohol.

maybe this is my problem. I need a new wingman....
  • AnnDenny
    AnnDenny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Aquaintences, sometimes
    Friends, not really. Some prettier than others.
    Good friends, no they're all beautiful ^_^
    Best Friends, Sexy beasts!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I have to say, for a while I thought I was the ugly fat friend. Not a single one of my friends EVER made me feel that way. I MYSELF made me feel that way.
    Bad self esteem moment for me.....
    After I got over it and realized my friends liked me for me, and didn't give a rats *kitten* what size I was or what I looked like, I was able to finally see what they saw.
    Someone fun, confident, independent, and beautiful. :smile:
    I love my friends. They are awesome. :heart:

Also, I would like to point out to the person who said she doesn't have girlfriends because they annoy her.... You are usually the type of girl I get along with. hahahaha I will meet a bunch of people, and a girl would say "I don't usually like or hang out with girls but you are awesome!!" Can't tell you how many times I have heard that... haha :wink:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I normally only go out with one friend. My best friend.
    We look nothing alike but are both equally as hot.
    Outsiders may look at the both of us and disagree. But I think we're both smokin!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I've actually heard it used a lot. Living in LA and Scottsdale, Az there are a lot of ugly people and it has nothing to do with their looks. Always some agenda in mind. Also, pretty sure I'm the ugly one because I dont spend 10 hours in the mirror shaping my eyebrows before I go out. I need new friends.

I hear this more about one gender referring to another. Liking the guy or girl but needing someone to go out with the "Ugly" friend.

IE Taking one for the team.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I am the ugly friend, I am also the ugly sister (which is even more irksome... because family will say it right to your face! They all like to remind me on a regular basis how awesome and gorgeous my older sister is). I don't hang out with women very much any more, I'd rather hang out with the guys- they don't ever seem to judge me like that.

Yeah I get the ugly sister thing alot but to be fair my sisters are gorgouis

If by sisters you mean your boobs. Then you would be absolutely correct.
    Options
    I've actually heard it used a lot. Living in LA and Scottsdale, Az there are a lot of ugly people and it has nothing to do with their looks. Always some agenda in mind. Also, pretty sure I'm the ugly one because I dont spend 10 hours in the mirror shaping my eyebrows before I go out. I need new friends.

I hear this more about one gender referring to another. Liking the guy or girl but needing someone to go out with the "Ugly" friend.

if it took me more than an hour to completely get ready, I'd just as soon stay home. Generally half an hour tops and I'm good to go. I don't understand why it takes so long and I have really long thick hair.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

if it took me more than an hour to completely get ready, I'd just as soon stay home. Generally half an hour tops and I'm good to go. I don't understand why it takes so long and I have really long thick hair.

I'm with you on the getting ready. I can be showered, dressed, out the door in fifteen minutes and still look good.

I will admit though that if my husband and I are going out some where special and I know I have a ton of time on my hands I will take that time to get ready. Most of it is figuring out what clothes and jewelry I'm going to wear, how to do my make up etc. but for the most part, shower included, it's half an hour tops.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Everyone is so limited in their thinking about gender, sexual identity, it's hetero-cis-normative and it's goddamned boring.

... not everyone is responding how you'd expect. You need to relax. And maybe have a beer. Beer will help you cheer up for sure!
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I judge my partner in crime by his "wingman" abilities, confidence and ability to handle his alcohol.

Also... my wingman is like my dumb blonde friend, taller than me, good lookin,(that might make me the ugly friend) and very extroverted but not much depth, he usually approaches the ladies first, throws out a couple lines, jokes and then I come in and close it up before he opens his mouth too much.

we take turns jumping on grenades tho.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    this is true....i was deemed the ugly friend by my now ex best friend....she brought me along and i was always going home alone...

but i can now say I am no longer the ugly friend!! :drinker:

that is terrible. Glad she is no longer your bff. You are definitely not ugly. You are pretty.

awww...thank you!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Oddly, all my friends are really good looking....hey, wait....:mad:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I am the ugly friend, I am also the ugly sister (which is even more irksome... because family will say it right to your face! They all like to remind me on a regular basis how awesome and gorgeous my older sister is). I don't hang out with women very much any more, I'd rather hang out with the guys- they don't ever seem to judge me like that.

yeah someone reported my pic... Shocking I know no boobies now
    Options

... not everyone is responding how you'd expect. You need to relax. And maybe have a beer. Beer will help you cheer up for sure!

can I have beer, too?
    Options

yeah someone reported my pic... Shocking I know no boobies now

for serious?!? What the HECK, people?