The "ugly" friend...

Options
167891012»

Replies

• vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    let me preface this with I have NEVER done this myself, nor would I ever. I choose my friends based on personality, nothing else.

... but, I've heard it said before that girls have that one friend they go out with to make them feel better about themselves, i.e. the "ugly" friend.

First of all, is that REALLY a thing?
    Secondly, do guys do the same thing? Or, is it just women?

what's so hard to beleive? Not everyone is super attractive. Every group seems to have a not so good looking friend.
  • CurvaciousBeautyToBe
    Options
    I always felt ugly compared to my friends, but I don't think it was ever intentional to bring me along as the "ugly friend".
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Now I'm in just for Calvin and Hobbs.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    In an effort to save this thread.

3vn2GtMl.gif

Thats the best i could size it hrm
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yes it's real and I have actually heard women proudly own up to doing this.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    In an effort to save this thread.

3vn2GtMl.gif

Thats the best i could size it hrm

I'm not at my computer so I don't know if this will work, but this is actually relevant to the thread:

270844_1249423499078_307_300.jpg
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    G.R.O.S.S.!!!!

And "slimy" means the kinda girls who think of their friends as "ugly"
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    G.R.O.S.S.!!!!

n61zabcl.gif

r1HGS9Sl.gif

This one work?

There is also a wiki page if anyone would like more info.

http://calvinandhobbes.wikia.com/wiki/G.R.O.S.S.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I've certainly never done it and I don't really see evidence of it with people I know.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Well I can see that I've been completely wrong about women being shallow LOL

Thinly veiled misogyny. Save it for Nice Guys of OK Cupid. Because that's what you sound like.

Probably whine about being "friendzoned," too.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I remember I had one friend in particular that guys were always saying such mean stuff to me about like couldn't you have invited one of your pretty friends to go out with me and my brother. Or okay but just don't bring that ugly girl. It was so mean. She was my funnest and smartest friend. It didn't hurt that she was also available whenever these guys wanted to go out either otherwise I wouldnt go alone so I thought they'd be nicer. If they had, they'd have seen why I considered her a good friend.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    Well I can see that I've been completely wrong about women being shallow LOL

Thinly veiled misogyny. Save it for Nice Guys of OK Cupid. Because that's what you sound like.

Probably whine about being "friendzoned," too.

Hahahahahahahahaha..... Because you are right!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    G.R.O.S.S.!!!!

n61zabcl.gif

r1HGS9Sl.gif

This one work?

There is also a wiki page if anyone would like more info.

http://calvinandhobbes.wikia.com/wiki/G.R.O.S.S.

We all know how he *really* feels about Susie!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm 99% sure my friends hang out with me for that sole purpose. Every time I'm with them they seem to get ***** like its on sale.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I had no clue people really did this. I mean, it seems plausible but what sort of person who isn't some sort of psychopath has this sort of thought process?

I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have would never think anything like this.
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Geez...

In college, I had a friend who looked dead ringer for Helena Christensen in that Chris Isaak video, Wicked Game. Yea....I know!!! I always Loved when I was out with her! It always ended up way more fun bc of all the attention she attracted.

Way better having hot friends.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    this!
    Either my friends don't do this, or I am the ugly friend.....

I am the fattest of my friends right now, but I'm so cool nobody gives two sh!ts.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    let me preface this with I have NEVER done this myself, nor would I ever. I choose my friends based on personality, nothing else.

... but, I've heard it said before that girls have that one friend they go out with to make them feel better about themselves, i.e. the "ugly" friend.

First of all, is that REALLY a thing?
    Secondly, do guys do the same thing? Or, is it just women?

what's so hard to beleive? Not everyone is super attractive. Every group seems to have a not so good looking friend.

what is so hard to believe is that people are that full of themselves and so shallow that they would use someone.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Don't have any. I'm probably the "Ugly Friend". Thanks for bringing that to my attention. That's their problem. I don't have to look at Me.
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    All my friends are very pretty...and thin...hmmm...I dont think I'm "ugly" but I am BY FAR the fattest. But they tell me Im beautiful...and as long as my girls love me then everyone else can just bug off I guess :tongue: