breakfast...the most unhealthiest meal of the day..

Options

Replies

• bettyann55
    bettyann55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think the statement should have been my brain not my brian....
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Here is the proof! Ever since breakfast was invented in 1970 people have kept getting fatter. Just look at the chart. You can't argue with a sciency chart.
    breakfastchart.png
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Nobody skips breakfast. It means "breaking the fast", and no matter what time you eat your first meal of the day - it's breakfast.
  • bettyann55
    bettyann55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I disagree which that statement as I started eating breakfast and yes I will state a healthy one and gained weight. Since I quit forcing myself to eat the suggested healthy breakfast I have lost 4 pound.
    Everyone is different and it would appear I am one of those people who eat breakfast every day packs on the weight. I do not eat any kind of junk food for breakfast...never have never will.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Check my food diary and tell me my brekkies aren't (mostly) healthy. It's all about choices, baby.

Except weekends. They often include bacon.

What's bad about bacon? I eat it all the time. The type we buy is only 80 cals/2 slices. IIFYM, friend!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think the statement should have been my brain not my brian....

^^ I'm sure you're right. I was teasing. I thought it was pretty funny, considering this whole troll thread.

Anyone who claims that they fast without ever breaking it is either confused, a liar, or on death's door. :laugh: :tongue:
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    LOL @ this post.... "what i do is better than what you do"

If you like breakfast, eat breakfast...if you don't, don't... I don't see the problem. I like breakfast. I'll eat breakfast.

Total calories for the day for me = All meals not labeled breakfast + the one I label breakfast.

Total calories for the day for you = all meals not labeled breakfast.

Its just math...
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    like every meal.... are people eating "heed-lessly" ? Joe pancake, cinnamon rolls with high sugar mochas? Or are they making "mindful choices" and everyone knows what they are.

It is a matter of self discipline and making a healthy choice. We have been well educated and certainly have access to good information in every part of popular media related to nutrition, obesity and diabetes.

So.... here is my take... put on the big boy pants or big girl panties and do the right thing.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

see you get it! Why doesn't everyone else?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

If you like breakfast, eat breakfast...if you don't, don't... I don't see the problem. I like breakfast. I'll eat breakfast.

Total calories for the day for me = All meals not labeled breakfast + the one I label breakfast.

Total calories for the day for you = all meals not labeled breakfast.

Its just math...

Your common sense is clearly not needed here, OP already has all the answers...
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    TeenTwinkleToes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hahaha sorry this made me laugh....as everyone puts obesity is not based on breakfast. I got fat cause of all the toxins/crap and bad food that were thousands of calories. I gained weight for not making healthy choices. I hate breakfast, and didn't eat breakfast EVER. I would eat twice a day and because of my poor options I put myself in a horrible state, gaining so much weight. Now that I eat a healthy amount of calories, clean food, and a healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner...I lose a good 2 pounds a week with exercise included. We are 'fat' because in a way we all chose to be. Because we all chose what to consume!

>.> (don't take this as a rude response -gulp-) <3
  • ndj1979
    Options
    hmm so far I have been called stupid, arrogant, ignorant, etc...you breakfast defenders sure are serious people...Do some of you work for Kellogg's perhaps?
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    hmm so far I have been called stupid, arrogant, ignorant, etc...you breakfast defenders sure are serious people...Do some of you work for Kellogg's perhaps?

:D
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    TeenTwinkleToes Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I don't think you're any of those. Everyone has their own opinion...yours is just funny ^^
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    hmmm I guess my brian stopped working six months ago when I stopped eating breakfast then..?

Not breaking your fast will lead to death. Yes, you eat breakfast. Don't claim otherwise. You may eat it in the afternoon or evening, but you break it, eventually. Neither you, nor your friend Brian would be able to go very long without eating something. :wink:

who is Brian?

and I prefer the term first noon day meal to breakfast or break fast....

You can call your first meal of the day whatever you want to call it, honey, but it's still breaking your fast from the previous night. That is fact.

I see the semantical pendants have entered the arena while I was at the gym!! Yaaay!!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    :laugh:
    hmmm I guess my brian stopped working six months ago when I stopped eating breakfast then..?

Not breaking your fast will lead to death. Yes, you eat breakfast. Don't claim otherwise. You may eat it in the afternoon or evening, but you break it, eventually. Neither you, nor your friend Brian would be able to go very long without eating something. :wink:

who is Brian?

and I prefer the term first noon day meal to breakfast or break fast....

You can call your first meal of the day whatever you want to call it, honey, but it's still breaking your fast from the previous night. That is fact.

I see the semantical pendants have entered the arena while I was at the gym!! Yaaay!!

the long knives are out my friend.....tread cautiously...

and yes, I type too fast for my own good..aka typos..LOL
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    you could be right..old Joe Pancake is housing down waffles, hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, and a half loaf of toast...maybe that is it...???
    theres no maybe about it, eat that every day and you will be huge, and its got nothing to do with breakfast at all, there are loads of healthy options for breakfast. I was skipping breakfast for months, and i was fine, but didnt really lose any more weight because of it. It not the time your eating, its what you eat.

Eat crap and you will become fat, huge portions and you will become fat, sit on your *kitten* all day and you. will. get ,fat.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Kelloggs disrespected Michael Phelps. That's the real reason that your friend Brian quit working 6 months ago. He has been staging a sit-in at their corporate HQ all this time. I didn't want to tell you before...
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Not eating breakfast completely screws up my day and always has done.
    The thing is, when you eat something crap for breakfast then yes, it's not going to aid with dieting.
    But if you eat something like a low fat cereal, a slice of toast, fruit, etc. then it's a perfectly healthy addition to your food that day.
    To be honest I would say you SHOULD eat breakfast if you can make good food choices and if you can't help but have pancakes or some other kind of ridiculous breakfast, then skip it.

Also,
    2/3's of americans are obese

This is because the food in America is awful and everyone cooks with far too much butter/oils.
    Over here in Europe we eat breakfasts... in some countries we eat huge breakfasts and we don't have the same obesity problems.
    It's down to food choices, not what time you eat or what you call that meal.