Join me in a round of P90X beginning 4/26/10

Options

Replies

• mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Finished KenpoX today and Core synergistics tomorrow. My leg still hurts. I pulled my hamstring and I just wish it would heal :ohwell: Just keep going I guess lol
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Arms are on the schdule for me today. Opted not to do Plyo yesterday since it killed my foot the last time I did it.

Think I strained my abs doing those dumb dive bomber pushups on Thursday. Feels a little better today. See how it goes with ab ripper.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    Just finished Kenpo X. I'm a sweaty pig, but I love it!

Personal question here, but do jumping jacks make anybody else pee their pants? :tongue: Yeah, me neither. :blushing:
  • mommyhof3
    Options
    Just finished Kenpo X. I'm a sweaty pig, but I love it!

Personal question here, but do jumping jacks make anybody else pee their pants? :tongue: Yeah, me neither. :blushing:

Nope but sometimes make me pass wind as I come back down :blushing:

Well I am done for a few days because of my hamstring. Tomorrow is supposed to be stretch X, then Core Synergistics, then Yoga, and then rest day. I am going to take these 4 days off and just really watch what I am eating. I did Kenpo today then hiked with the girls at the birthday party and now my leg is so swollen and sore I can barely move :sad: So my husband told me it's not worth it and to take a few days off. I don't want to and may sneak something easy in but I really want my leg to heal so I don't know what to do.
  • PJilly
    Options
    I agree with your husband. Let that poor leg heal. Have you tried ice and ibuprofen? If it doesn't get better on its own very soon, I think you need to go to the doctor. I am so sorry you're having to deal with an injury. That really, really sucks. You'll be better off to give it the rest it needs (no sneaking!) and to just be good with your food in the meantime. I hope it gets better really soon!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Hamstrings are notorious for taking forever to heal and the re-injury rate is VERY high so take the time to let it heal. You may want to look into compression shorts to wear while you work out to keep it warm and give it a little support.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am back from our family trip. Had a great time. I got in 3 workouts last week so I am going to just keep on moving and not do week 6 over.

Had a great Core Syn workout this morning. My weight is up a bit this morning but I am also finishing up my period (first since going off the pill, ugh, it's brutal).

Hope you all are doing well and enjoyed your weekend.

Welcome to the group, Nikki!
  • cynthials
    Options
    CardioX done. Where is everyone!? :flowerforyou:
  • mommyhof3
    Options
    Well I am at the end of my resting. My leg so much better so I will be back on track with P90X tomorrow starting Phase 3. Going to take pictures and measurements today to see how I did the last phase :smile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Good morning! I've been around, but I've been crazily busy with spring cleaning. I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but I am taking advantage of the fact that I actually have the motivation to whip my house into shape! :tongue: Saturday, I tackled the kitchen. Sunday and yesterday, I worked on my office (HUGE job). It's still not completely done, but I'm almost there.

I did Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Ab Ripper X yesterday. I am feeling it today. Today, I'll be doing Plyo X. I used to dread that workout, but now I look forward to it. I have a hard time believing this is Week 7. What's really cool is, knock on wood, I haven't missed a single workout so far!

mommyhof3, I'm really glad to hear your leg is doing better. Don't hurt yourself doing too much too soon!

cynthials, I am impressed that you got your workouts in and won't have to redo Week 6. Great job!
  • mommyhof3
    Options
    Thanks Jill. I felt better yesterday but decided to still take today off. I am still exercising just not to my full ability. Can't wait to get back into pushing myself and feeling that burn. I can't believe that I miss it. 2 months ago I would not be saying that.

I also have this urge to spring clean. I think I will start in my living room today. Moving furniture out of the way and getting all the dust bunnies. I love a clean house :smile:

I am now finished 60 days of P90x and these are my results:

Right Arm down from 14 to 12.75 total lost =1.25"
    Chest down from 44.5 to 41.5 total lost = 3"
    Waist down from 41.5 to 37.5 total lost = 4"
    Hips down from 46.5 to 41.1 total lost = 5.4"
    Thigh down from 26 to 23.1 total lost = 2.9"
    Neck down from 15 to 14.1 total lost = 0.9"

Total inches off my body = 17.45"

Weight down from 215 to 193.8 down 21.7 lbs

Body Fat % down from 35% to 32.9%
    Start Phase 3 tomorrow and looking forward to it

New pics are up too. I can't wait until I look good in these pics
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Good job ladies! Great results!

Jill I'm impressed that you haven't missed a workout yet! SOOOO awesome.

I had to take a break yesterday. I was driving to work and started to feel really weird. Heart racing, dizzy, felt like I was gonna pass out. Ended up having to get a sub and went to the Dr. They did an EKG and Chest X-ray which were fine. Took a ridiculous amount of blood to see what else is going on. They were able to tell me that I was anemic. Still waiting on the rest of the blood work. BLAH!

I'm not sure why I'm anemic. I have my period every 3 months because of my BC pill and when it does come it's light and short.

We'll see how I feel when I get home from work. I miss working out.
  • cynthials
    Options
    mommy - your results are SO impressive! You are really BRINGING IT!

Iceprincess - that sounds like a really icky experience, I hope it is nothing more than temporary anemia. Keep us posted!
  • cynthials
    Options
    Chest, Shoulders and Triceps done. I am going to do Ab Ripper a little later today.
  • annalisa85
    annalisa85 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hello everyone! After just over a week's hiatus I am ready to tackle week 6! The time away sucked but was well worth it since I am now an RN! Feels great to be done with boards and to have actually passed too!!!

I ran a few times during the last couple weeks and so will jump right back into week 6, day 1. I have refrained from weighing myself since I haven't been working out and so I think I may just continue to do that.

Core Synergistics here I come!!!
  • annalisa85
    annalisa85 Posts: 41
    Options
    EEK, sorry double post....
  • PJilly
    Options
    Hello everyone! After just over a week's hiatus I am ready to tackle week 6! The time away sucked but was well worth it since I am now an RN! Feels great to be done with boards and to have actually passed too!!!
    Congrats!!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Nice! Congrats!

Did shoulders and arms yesterday and then got on the elliptical. Only did 20 min on that because I then remembered that they took blood the day before and probably wasn't the best idea. :glasses:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Off right now to do Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper X. See ya!
  • mommyhof3
    Options
    Congrats on RN!!!

Did Chest & Back, Ab Ripper today. What a workout. I have not touched that one since the first phase and that recovery week sure sucks because the workouts coming back make me sore again lol Oh well it's a good sore.

I am starting couch to 5k today too. Going to do that one tonight and see how I like it. Hope everyone has an awesome under calorie day today :smile: